FennecTheFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Shake + Supplements.

1.) Wondering if anyone out there makes a shake with these ingredients (I'm sure at least some of you do). There's a supplement store about an hour away from me that makes it, but they don't list the proportions and I doubt they'd tell me, but I may inquire anyway. It's called: "Peanut Butter Dream"

-Banana
    -Cocoa
    -Dates
    -Almond Milk
    -Chocolate Whey Protein

If you make a shake like this, what proportions do you recommend and what kinda cocoa and chocolate whey protein?

2.) What supplements would you guys recommend these days? I haven't been a gym rat in a little over 10 years now; i'm sure some things must've changed by now? These days I mostly just exercise to keep fit, but I wouldn't mind a bit of bulk/definition, but I don't wanna be as big as I was before, so I don't need any hardcore products--just some solid basics like protein powder, creatine, pre-workout drink and so on. I don't think I even remember the brands I was using before and if they're even in business anymore.

ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ROACHCLASS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For the shake just experiment with it until you find something similar taste wise.

As for the supplements its exactly what the word is, use them to supplement your diet. If you're not getting enough protein from foods, drink a shake. If you don't eat a full breakfast, make a shake. If you need some extra energy drink a coffee or get a pre workout. All depends on your needs IMO.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer. -Arnold

zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zachz144 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ROACHCLASS View Post
    For the shake just experiment with it until you find something similar taste wise.

As for the supplements its exactly what the word is, use them to supplement your diet. If you're not getting enough protein from foods, drink a shake. If you don't eat a full breakfast, make a shake. If you need some extra energy drink a coffee or get a pre workout. All depends on your needs IMO.
    Good to know. How do you tell if youre getting enough protein though? Do you use diet apps or trust your gut literally lol)

FennecTheFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lolilol1987 View Post
    Can't tell how much benefit it will do protein wise, but I hope it will be a yummy shake.
    It tastes amazing, that's why I was hoping someone from here makes something similar and they could give proportions/suggestions. I'm not big on experimentation. I'd probably ruin it for myself lol.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FennecTheFox View Post
    What supplements would you guys recommend these days? I haven't been a gym rat in a little over 10 years now; i'm sure some things must've changed by now? These days I mostly just exercise to keep fit, but I wouldn't mind a bit of bulk/definition, but I don't wanna be as big as I was before, so I don't need any hardcore products--just some solid basics like protein powder, creatine, pre-workout drink and so on. I don't think I even remember the brands I was using before and if they're even in business anymore.
    Creatine monohydrate 3-5 grams a day, every day, in any beverage, at any time of day, no loading, no cycling

Protein powder, preferably dairy based, as needed to meet your daily protein macro/goal

Unless it's in your diet regularly, fish oil aiming at 2-3g combined EPA/DHA per day

Pre workout will depend on what you want from it, stim preferences, and the like

Vitamin D3 / multi vitamin / joint

If you wouldn't mind a bit of both bulk and definitino, and you've been an gym rat for over a decade, probably your routine and nutrition are what need to be looked at.

visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50) visit1973 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FennecTheFox View Post
    It tastes amazing, that's why I was hoping someone from here makes something similar and they could give proportions/suggestions. I'm not big on experimentation. I'd probably ruin it for myself lol.
    I drink an herbalife shake every day mixed with coffee, but that sounds pretty good!

liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32 liza32
    i add vanilla powder and some fruits and condensed milk in my whey protein too , it's upto you to add whatever you like but it should be low fat..