cosmeaux1123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Very Worried About Mental Health/Malnutrition

I'm hoping someone here can maybe help me, because I've been really freaking out as of late.

I've been dieting for years with fluctuating calorie restrictions (sometimes 600 a day, sometimes 1800, etc) but have been in the upper calories for a good few months, but still under matainance. I've gone from 324lbs to about 135-140, which is silly at my height of 5'11".

Really what I'm worried about is I have suffered from depersonalization for years now. It's a constant feeling of disconnection from reality and it's getting worse and worse. My memory is getting so bad and my ability to have a grasp on reality is greatly diminished. I'm wondering if over years of dieting, have I developed malnutrition and has that cause my memory and sense of self to fade more and more? It seems idiotic I know, but also if so, will eating normal help me regain some cognitive ability?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You should really speak to a doctor about this.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Concur, an internet message forum is not the place for you. Please seek some professional help.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000) Desimus20 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I'm currently experiencing what you are experiencing
    I too have been dealing with years of under eating. I think you know the answer. you need to eat more.. More fats and carbs. Very important for your body and brain. Under eating will cause huge changes in your body and brain. It will cause sleep disturbances, hormonal chances and so on. You should not exercise for a week, eat a surplus, take multivitamins (to rule out deficiencies) and see how you feel.
    I should follow my own advice but i'm silly

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should first seek medical attention to rule out any dangerous physical issues that may or may not have been caused by excessive restriction and low body weight.

If all those tests go well, rest assured that these symptoms can manifest from a number of various psychological disorders such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and more.

I myself have dealt with varying degrees of depersonalization and derealization for over a decade, which stems mainly from anxiety and panic disorder, but other things interplay with these problems as well.

First course of action is to rule out anything dangerous, and from there go onto the mental side of things where you can attack those problems.

If, after you have an evaluation, you are cleared as physically 'healthy', I suggest seeing a therapist who specializes in CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy); it was a life-saver for me in getting past the worst of my dissociative symptoms.

Beyond that, congrats on losing weight, but do try and be more healthy in your diet going forward... you can be thin and even less healthy than you were at a high weight. The key is finding a lifestyle you are happy with.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You should first seek medical attention to rule out any dangerous physical issues that may or may not have been caused by excessive restriction and low body weight.

If all those tests go well, rest assured that these symptoms can manifest from a number of various psychological disorders such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and more.

I myself have dealt with varying degrees of depersonalization and derealization for over a decade, which stems mainly from anxiety and panic disorder, but other things interplay with these problems as well.

First course of action is to rule out anything dangerous, and from there go onto the mental side of things where you can attack those problems.

If, after you have an evaluation, you are cleared as physically 'healthy', I suggest seeing a therapist who specializes in CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy); it was a life-saver for me in getting past the worst of my dissociative symptoms.

Beyond that, congrats on losing weight, but do try and be more healthy in your diet going forward... you can be thin and even less healthy than you were at a high weight. The key is finding a lifestyle you are happy with.
    Damn dude i've had anxiety panic most of my life. It comes and goes and this time it's really came back bad in the form of derealization. It sucks im on meds 10 days in it feels not as bad but sometimes creeps up. Just hoping it will go away.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wlindqu1 View Post
    Damn dude i've had anxiety panic most of my life. It comes and goes and this time it's really came back bad in the form of derealization. It sucks im on meds 10 days in it feels not as bad but sometimes creeps up. Just hoping it will go away.
    If you're on meds for it, don't be surprised if it takes a while to find the right one. Which one are you taking, out of curiosity?

Some people have to 'shop around' for just the right compound to see any difference at all. Personally I always hated the idea of meds, but mainly because I'm super sensitive to them, but most folks need to try a few of them before your brain chemistry really clicks.

Just a side note, one thing that always seemed to keep me off meds was the periodic experience of 'normal'...

Basically, although I spent so much of the time in a weird/detached state of mind, I would have hours or even - on rare occasions - an entire DAY where I felt awesome: focused, connected to the world... everything felt 'right'.

I guess the simple fact that I knew I was capable of feeling normal made me believe I should be able to find a way to sustain it. But, the thing is, if 99% of my days are 'off', it's hard to justify suffering the rest of the time, ya know?

Best of luck to you... I hope everything works out!
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Wlindqu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're on meds for it, don't be surprised if it takes a while to find the right one. Which one are you taking, out of curiosity?

Some people have to 'shop around' for just the right compound to see any difference at all. Personally I always hated the idea of meds, but mainly because I'm super sensitive to them, but most folks need to try a few of them before your brain chemistry really clicks.

Just a side note, one thing that always seemed to keep me off meds was the periodic experience of 'normal'...

Basically, although I spent so much of the time in a weird/detached state of mind, I would have hours or even - on rare occasions - an entire DAY where I felt awesome: focused, connected to the world... everything felt 'right'.

I guess the simple fact that I knew I was capable of feeling normal made me believe I should be able to find a way to sustain it. But, the thing is, if 99% of my days are 'off', it's hard to justify suffering the rest of the time, ya know?

I'm on escitalopram this is day 10. I hate meds too but it was getting so bad I said **** it because it was messing with me bad and I was having trouble at work. I'm going to give it 2 months before I think about changing. So far it has helped me I still do feel off at times during the day but atleast no rush of panic or atleast as much.

You said you've been dealing with it over a decade? In that time has it ever totally gone away and just comes back or what?

georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) georgevictor07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Yes, going to a psychologist or a psychiatrist would be best.

thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thearmsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I relate to this a lot wow. I hope your doing good now,or at least better. People like you are always an encouragement.

For op I have been dealing with despersonalization and derealization for years and i found out that having a high quality nutrition and very healthy Lifestyle helps a lot,but seriously see a doctor since it's for the best. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss.

UKRugbyBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Under eating causes severe physical and mental health issues. Your brain cannot function without adequate calories, which in turn affects your memory, coordination, eye sight, balance, attitude, enthusiasm and ability to moderate moods. Your body will also suffer from lack of energy and muscle loss. You will burn carbs instead of fat and put weight back on in abundance when a calorie surplus is available. Your joints will suffer as will your organs.

From lack of nutrition understanding I under ate for a number of years, causing my physical and mental health to yoyo. As a result, I developed an unhealthy relationship with food, got kidney stones, liver failure, muffed up joints, anxiety, self loathe and zero decent results from hours of weekly gym work.

You need to see a medical professional asap.

OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneEightyFive is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All i can say is i've had a bad bout of depersonalization for several years before, it went away only after proper therapy finding a GOOD therapist will make you understand root causes hopefully on your first session. But CBT can also take years there is no problem changing therapists if one doesn't feel good enough for you. I've also taken a few nootropics aswell ones that increase NGF that can grow neurons and supplemental structures to enhance memory but only are useful if taken with discipline in conjuction with obsorbing new information.

Sure, fitness can help with some cognitive functioning but the act of attempting to absorb new information and surrounding yourself with greater influences is infinitely better. This depersonalization you're having can be your best friend or worst enemy. You can take advantage of this feeling after seeking the proper professional help and dress better, clean the house, shave everyday, start reading and listening to audiobooks. Create a concrete routine too. stoicism which by the way is the foundation of CBT and allan watts have personally helped save me in those dreadful moments of mental despair and anguish but later it was a stepping stone into the most complex subjects.

Hope you find your mentor aswell, if you can still be coherent enough to listen to someone then Ralph smart is a great positive influence too on youtube. Try writing down a vocabulary in your phone too, i have a metaphysical vocabulary for example but my point here is you've gotten too involved emotionally with fitness so project your energy elsewhere and gain more emotional intelligence and unconditional love for yourself to start.

One last thing

"the glass is half full" such a simple easier said than done way of thinking. Imagine instilling this attitude towards your rock bottom situation! That's riveting
    Last edited by OneEightyFive; 03-02-2019 at 02:12 AM.