bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this a power rack?

Hello all,

Is it? Is it any good to do squats?
    Thank you.
    Attached Images

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes it is a power rack and yes, using one probably makes for the safest way to do squats at home

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bb_lifestyle View Post
    Hello all,

Is it? Is it any good to do squats?
    Thank you.
    No, Jones machine.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eyecheck time Dagda

I would say it's sort of a power rack, and yes it's good for squats, sort of. It's a Jones Machine or a Max Rack. The bar is on linear bearings and so are the bar uprights, so unlike a Smith machine, a Jones machine allows front back movement. But the linear bearings won't let the bar move sideways or tilt, so less accessory muscles will be used than with a normal power rack.

It seems like you could put a free bar in it if you moved the bearing bar to the back and highest catch, but I don't know if the safeties are built for that.

Do you have access to one, or are you looking into buying one. I would guess they're expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzzDeVhySpQ

KYMISTWALKER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes it is good rack,very well built Roque strength
    Safe,,but I like free weights
    ᏣЯΞΔㅜ ΞИΞ٢gy ६ ĀᏔعᏕ๐Ꮇㅌ ᏤíᏰΞᏕ

bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb_lifestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you all.

Yes i'm sure it's possible to use a free bar there, just not sure if the bars they have on the gym fit the safeties, I think they're too small for that. The truth is there is a proper squat support there with a free bar which I prefer, but the problem is that there is no mirror, and I feel uncomfortable when i'm doing squats and i'm not looking at what I'm doing. That's why I asked about that Jones Machine's efficiency.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you all.

Yes i'm sure it's possible to use a free bar there, just not sure if the bars they have on the gym fit the safeties, I think they're too small for that. The truth is there is a proper squat support there with a free bar which I prefer, but the problem is that there is no mirror, and I feel uncomfortable when i'm doing squats and i'm not looking at what I'm doing. That's why I asked about that Jones Machine's efficiency.
    Looking in a mirror while squatting is going to have more negative impact on your form than trying assess your form without a mirror while squatting.....if that makes sense.
    Last edited by cwcmac; 01-31-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    problem is that there is no mirror, and I feel uncomfortable when i'm doing squats and i'm not looking at what I'm doing
    Terrible. Don't squat in front of a mirror.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    eyecheck time Dagda
    You can blame the baby for that didnt realise there was a smith machine aspect to it when I looked.. Didnt even know a Jones machine was a real thing

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Looking in a mirror while squatting is going to have more negative impact on your form than trying assess your form without a mirror while squatting.....if that makes sense.
    I think I understand, I just have this thing in my head that my legs are not in the correct position or that I have one leg/foot in a different position than the other.

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Terrible. Don't squat in front of a mirror.
    Do you think it's a bad habit? Because I have the impression that many people squat in front of one. I just do it because I always feel that my legs or feet are not how they should be

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I understand, I just have this thing in my head that my legs are not in the correct position or that I have one leg/foot in a different position than the other.

Do you think it's a bad habit? Because I have the impression that many people squat in front of one. I just do it because I always feel that my legs or feet are not how they should be
    Make sure your feet are set before starting your squat. You can look down. Looking in the mirror will possibly take you out of form, have your head facing in the wrong direction, cause you to lose tightness in your back because your too focused on looking at a mirror and a myriad other issues. If anything, use your phone to record yourself and check form after the set is complete. Start light while doing this so you aren't going heavy weight with crap form.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks like a combination smith machine/power rack. The guide rails are a smith machine and they're not as good as controlling the weight yourself, unless you need one for a disability or something.

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Make sure your feet are set before starting your squat. You can look down. Looking in the mirror will possibly take you out of form, have your head facing in the wrong direction, cause you to lose tightness in your back because your too focused on looking at a mirror and a myriad other issues. If anything, use your phone to record yourself and check form after the set is complete. Start light while doing this so you aren't going heavy weight with crap form.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Looks like a combination smith machine/power rack. The guide rails are a smith machine and they're not as good as controlling the weight yourself, unless you need one for a disability or something.
    Thanks!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a smith machine although it looks to have hooks for a free bar.
    Dont know how you would do regular barbell squats in it?
    The power rack uses free weight a barbell and plates with safety bars.

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As already stated this isn't strictly a power rack, nor is it a smith machine. Rather this is a Jones machine. Basically a Smith machine modified to allows fore/aft movement. It would be pretty expensive to buy, so I wouldn't recommend it for a home gym. If your commercial gym has one, yes it'd be good for squats. You have to set safety catches just like you would for a power rack. They are shown on the second hook from the bottom.

The picture actually shows someone walking the bar our from the j-hooks for a set of squats.
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪