Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Want To Be Fit

erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) erica44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LynnInAla View Post
    100 degrees is 100 degrees, no matter the humidity. I love walking the trails. I split time between home and where I teach and both areas have great trails. When I have to walk the neighborhoods I usually have to listen to music or podcasts. On the trail I often listen to nothing and just enjoy the surroundings.
    I do the same thing. If I am at a park on a track I listen to music. If I am in nature on a trail I listen to nature's music. Trail walks are the best!
    Life's journey is not about arriving at your grave in a perfect, well-preserved body, but, rather to slide in head-first yelling "Holy ****!!! What a Ride!!!!

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by erica44 View Post
    I do the same thing. If I am at a park on a track I listen to music. If I am in nature on a trail I listen to nature's music. Trail walks are the best!
    Agree! I see runner's on the trail all the time. I haven't ran in forever but I bet it would be awesome to run on one.

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Week 131 - Micro 130- 60% Week

Press (Tue/Gold’s) I had to take care of some things at school so I had to workout at Gold's for this workout.

BB Incline Press 8; 8; AMRAP
    65 x 8; 8; x 23

Flat Bench DB Row 3 x 12
    45 x 12; 12; 12

Cable Kickbacks 3 x 12
    12.5 x 12; 15 x 8; 12.5 x12

BB Upright Row 3 x 12
    40 x 12; 12; 12

Standing DB Hammer Curl 3 x 12
    25 x 9; 10; 9

Standing Cable w/ straight bar 3 x 12
    30 x12; 32.5 x 12; 32.5 x 12

Trail Ride- Wednesday
    I would have thought that after riding up and down the interstate I would have been ready for a hard ride with some speed and resistance. Meh, I wasn’t feeling it so I didn’t do it. Decided on a 15 mile ride instead.

15.62 miles
    1 hr 13 min.

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LynnInAla View Post
    I'm curious about my toes too! LOL. No tear, it's like my 3rd and 4th toe are forming a peace sign. I can bring them together with no pain, but they won't stay like that. So far the only pain is after a long walk on the trail. Both doctors are thinking it's a neuroma but normally there is pain first then the spreading. And that's IF the spreading happens. That's what made them think a plantar plate tear, but there's no pain when they poke on the ball of my foot. Apparently there should be pain on the ball of my foot if I had either.

Right now I'm wearing a pad right below the ball of my foot and above the arch. Hard as heck to get it positioned right. It's supposed to take the pressure off the forefoot. It does feel better when I have it positioned right, but who wants to walk around with something in their shoe??
    What in the world? Bodies are so weird sometimes. I cant stand things in my shoes...ugh. I hope it gets better for you soon without the use of the pad.

I am the same way about scale weight, I dont freak out like I used to if I know I indulged (mostly water weight anyway).

The 15 mile ride sounds like a nice choice
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    What in the world? Bodies are so weird sometimes. I cant stand things in my shoes...ugh. I hope it gets better for you soon without the use of the pad.

I am the same way about scale weight, I dont freak out like I used to if I know I indulged (mostly water weight anyway).

The 15 mile ride sounds like a nice choice
    Bodies are weird. I found a pad that sticks to the foot rather than the insole and that's worked better. I have an appointment next week with another podiatrist, I want to know why my foot is doing this. Don't you wish you could go back to your younger self and tell her to calm down? Things always have a way of leveling out if you just get back to the plan. And the 15 mile trail ride was great, I need to do that more often.

Week 132 - Micro 131- 70% Week

Squat (Thur)
    Medium Stance Leg Press 6: 6; AMRAP
    230 x 6; 6; 14

DB Walking Lunge 4 x 5
    40 x 5; 5; 5; 5 These got heavy fast!

DB Goblet Squat 4 x 5
    50 x 5; 5; 5; 5

Seated Leg Curl 4 x 5
    100 x 5; 5; 5; 5

DB Lateral Raise 3 x 12
    10 x 12; 12; 12

Captain’s Chair Leg Raises 4 x 5
    BW x 10; 10; 10; 10 - Adrianne subbed these in for the knee raises. It was getting too hard to hold the 25lb DB with my feet.

Trail Walk- Thursday
    4.1 miles/57 min.
    Last edited by LynnInAla; 07-20-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Week 132 - Micro 131- 70% Week

Pull/OHP (Sat) - This was one of those workouts that I should have not finished. Good thing a follow a prepared spreadsheet for my workouts. I worked out a few hours after the second night of a sleep study. The nurse told me I would be tired because I dreamed a lot. I thought I slept wonderfully but by the time I finished the workout, I felt like I had been hit by a truck.

Chin Up Grip Lat Pulldown 6; 6; AMRAP
    110 x 6; 6; 10

BB Standing OHP 4 x 5
    60 x 5; 5; 5; 5

Bentover BB Row 4 x 5
    90 x 5; 5; 5; 5

Close Grip Bench Press 4 x 5
    80 x 5; 5; 5; 5

Standing BB Curl 4 x 5
    60 x 5; 5; 5; 4

Tricep Pressdown w/ rope 4 x 5
    95 x 5; 5; 5; 5

Lift (Mon/Max )

BB Hip Thrust w/ shoulders on bench 6; 6; AMRAP
    195 x 6: 6; 14

DB Reverse Lunge 4 x 5
    35’s x 5; 5; 5; 5

Romanian Deadlift 4 x 5
    130 x 5; 5; 5; 5;

Leg Extension 4 x 5
    150 x 5; 5; 5; 5

Cable Face Pull w/ rope 3 x 12
    19.5 x 12; 12; 12

Pallof Press 3 x 12
    12 x 12; 12; 12- For something that looks so simple, these are pretty tough.

Trail Walk-Mon
    3.48 miles/54 min

Press (Tue/Max)

BB Incline Press 6; 6; AMRAP
    75 x 6; 6; x 14

Flat Bench DB Row 4 x 5
    60’s x 5; 5; 5; 4

Cable Kickbacks 3 x 12
    30 x 12; 12; 10

BB Upright Row 3 x 12
    40 x 12; 12; 12

Standing DB Hammer Curl 4 x up to 8
    25 x 8; 8; 8; 8

Standing Cable w/ straight bar 4 x 5
    85 x 4; 4; 3; 3

Trail Ride- Tue
    13.34 miles- This was supposed to be a 15 mile ride but a thunderstorm cut it short.
    1 hr 2 min.

My summer vacation is winding down fast and of course stuff keeps coming up. Nothing major and nothing that floating around in the pool won’t cure. Awesome weather today, it never got out of the 80’s and the humidity was almost non- existent. A few more days like this and the pool temperature will be below 90. Yes!!

The workout felt good today. After the heavier weights used in the 4x5 sets last weeks, it’s nice to lower them back down for the 3x12. It’s been a while since I’ve done 2x20. Next week is 90% week and I’m thinking Adrianne will be sneaking them in then.

Week 133 - Micro 132- 80% Week

Squat (Thur)
    Medium Stance Leg Press AMRAP; 3; 3
    265 x 12; 3; 3

DB Walking Lunge 3 x 12
    30’s x 12; 12; 12

DB Goblet Squat 3 x 12
    45 x 12; 12; 12

Seated Leg Curl 3 x 12
    80 x 12; 12; 12

DB Lateral Raise 3 x 12
    12’s x 8; 10’s x 12; 12- I was using too much momentum with the 12’s so dropped back down to 10’s

Captain’s Chair Leg Raises 3x 10-12
    BW x 12; 12; 12

Trail Walk
    ~ 1hr (forgot to time or get the distance)

Today is supposed to be a workout day but I plan to space it out a little differently this week. Ideally the workout week should be WO, WO, Rest, WO, WO, Rest, Rest. This week I’m going to have a rest day between workouts so I can get in more trail rides. They’re more taxing than the walks and this is 80% week, I need everything I’ve got. I’ll be heading back to the apartment at the end of the week and will get my 2 consecutive rest days then. I’ll then start 90% week at the gym there.

This weather is awesome! It’s usually hotter than this in the fall and spring. Enjoying the heck out of it while it’s here. The bike ride this morning was great. My goal was a 15 mile ride and it was the most enjoyable rides I’ve had in some time. It is now pool time.

Trail Ride-Friday
    15.74 miles/ 1 hr. 14 min.

Week 133 - Micro 132 - 80% Week

Pull/OHP (Sat) -

Chin Up Grip Lat Pulldown AMRAP; 3; 3
    125 x 8; 3; 3

BB Standing OHP 3 x 12
    50 x 12; 12; 12

Bentover BB Row 3 x 12
    80 x 12; 12; 12

Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 12
    65 x 12; 12; 12

Standing BB Curl 3 x 12
    50 x 12; 12; 12

Tricep Pressdown w/ rope 3 x 12
    75 x 12; 12; 12

Trail Walk
    3.3 miles/53 min.

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi!! Yeah, its been a long spring here in Wa. I am not complaining, because the 70-80s are my happy place lol. I used to hate our mild weather until I moved to FL, and then to Utah and experiences weather extremes!

What's up with the sleep study? I had no idea dreaming would relate to being tired. Interesting. I used to live for total exhausting post wo, but now I cant hang. I have other things I need to function for lol!!

And, yes, I wish I could go back in time. Id be like "chill, girl!!"

Hope you enjoy your pool floating and the rest of your summer.
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    Hi!! Yeah, its been a long spring here in Wa. I am not complaining, because the 70-80s are my happy place lol. I used to hate our mild weather until I moved to FL, and then to Utah and experiences weather extremes!

What's up with the sleep study? I had no idea dreaming would relate to being tired. Interesting. I used to live for total exhausting post wo, but now I cant hang. I have other things I need to function for lol!!

And, yes, I wish I could go back in time. Id be like "chill, girl!!"

Hope you enjoy your pool floating and the rest of your summer.
    70 and 80's in the summer. I can't imagine. The sleep study was an interesting thing. Kinda creepy actually. Between the camera and so many things connected to your body, they knew everything you were doing. I've had problems with my sleep for years. When I started taking hormones for hot flashes it got somewhat better, but still not anywhere close to normal. Seeing every hour on the clock throughout the night is no fun. I'm really not sure how the dreaming and tired thing works, but according to the nurse you release adrenaline when you dream. I always thought you were in deep sleep when you were dreaming but according to the nurse your not. I guess it's fatiguing for the body. All I know is I felt like I had been run over or something!

I'm the same way about not wanting to be tired after a workout. I used to do crazy cardio sessions that wiped me out the rest of the day. I've scaled back on that now and have maintained a lower body weight with more muscle. If I were to go back and look at the amount of activity I was doing in a day, it's probably far less than what I do now. I am now a true believer it's not all about the gym. That's only 1/24th or 2/24th of the day, it's what you do all the other hours that matter. And what you eat!

Normally I would finish a workout with a trail ride or trail walk but I was still feeling a little puny today. I usually don’t have stomach issues but either I ate something that didn’t agree with me on Saturday or I have a bug of some type. Layed low yesterday, barely getting out of the house and tried to keep my calories up so my energy stayed up. I was going to put off the workout but felt like getting it in although I had no desire to go out in the heat.

Lift (Mon/Max )

BB Hip Thrust w/ shoulders on bench AMRAP; 3; 3
    230 x 10; 3; 3

DB Reverse Lunge 3 x 12
    30’s x 12; 12; 12

Romanian Deadlift 3 x 12
    105 x 12; 12; 12

Leg Extension 3 x 12
    120 x 12; 12; 12

21 x 12; 12; 12

Pallof Press 3 x 6-7
    12 x 7; 7; 7

Early morning workout this morning so I could take care of some things today. I'm beginning to think it's a bug and not something I ate because I'm still not feeling 100% today. It doesn't bother me to workout but still want not part of walking or riding my bike.

Press (Tue/Max)

BB Incline Press AMRAP; 3; 3
    90 x 6; 3; 3

Flat Bench DB Row 3 x 12
    50’s x 12; 10; 11

Cable Kickbacks 3 x 12
    30 x 12; 12; 12

BB Upright Row 3 x 12
    40 x 12; 12; 12

Standing DB Hammer Curl 4 x 8
    25 x 8; 8; 8

Standing Cable w/ straight bar 3 x 12
    75 x 12; 12; 12

I was able to get in a workout Thursday before heading back to the apartment. It’s hard to believe the summer is already over for me. Last year though and I can do anything for a year. I have a really good schedule with some great kids so that will help too. This x20 week hasn’t been too bad, probably because it’s been a while since I’ve done one. They are not my favorite but I know they have their place.

Week 134 - Micro 133- 90% Week

Squat (Thur/Max)
    Medium Stance Leg Press AMRAP; 1; 1
    295 x 5; 1; 1

DB Walking Lunge 2 x 20
    25’s x 20; 20

DB Goblet Squat 2 x 20
    35 x 12; 12; 12

Seated Leg Curl 2 x 20
    65 x 20; 20

DB Lateral Raise 2 x20
    7.5’s x 20; 20

Captain’s Chair Knee Raises 2 x20
    BW+10 x 20; 20

Pull/OHP (Sat/Gold’s)

Chin Up Grip Lat Pulldown AMRAP; 1; 1
    135 x 4; 1; 1

BB Standing OHP 2 z 20
    40 x 20; 20

Bentover BB Row 3 x 12
    65 x 20; 20

Close Grip Bench Press 2 x 20
    55 x 20; 18

Standing BB Curl 2 x 20
    40 x 20; 20

Tricep Pressdown w/ rope 2 x 20
    25 x 20; 20

Trail Walk-Saturday- It felt good to get out and walk on the trail today. I love the trail at home but this one is great too. It’s usually 10 degrees cooler here than at home, so there’s that too.
    3.26 miles/52 min.

Sunday’s aren’t usually workout days for me when I’m home, but school is starting back so things will be changing. I usually check in with Adrianne Tuesday or Wednesday so I have a few days to get in one workout. Shouldn’t be a problem. No walk today, it was storming most of the day. These x20 weeks feel like I’m doing an interval every workout so not too concerned about extra movement.

Lift (Sun/Gold’s )

BB Hip Thrust w/ shoulders on bench AMRAP; 1; 1
    255 x 6; 1; 1 Oof!

DB Reverse Lunge 2 x 20
    25’s x 20; 20

Romanian Deadlift 2 x 20
    85 x 20; 20

Leg Extension 2 x 20
    95 x 20; 20

Cable Face Pull w/ rope 2 x 20
    25x 20; 27.5x 20

Pallof Press 2 x 20
    9 x 20; 20

Press (Tue/Gold’s)

BB Incline Press AMRAP; 1; 1
    100 x 1; 1; 1- No strength at all with these today

Flat Bench DB Row 2 x 20
    40’s x 20; 20

Cable Kickbacks 2 x 20
    10 x 20; 20

BB Upright Row 2 x 20
    30 x 20; 20

Standing DB Hammer Curl 2 x 20
    15 x 20; 20

Standing Cable w/ straight bar 2 x 20
    25 x 20; 20

A week of meetings and getting ready for the kids to come back is almost done. It would have been a much better if I hadn’t had to deal with my room/lab being flooded Sunday. I was finally able to get back into my room today so I will be getting things back to normal soon. If it’s not one thing it’s another!

Normal workout week this week. A while back I asked Adrianne to only put in the x20 weeks as often as really needed. I actually asked her to add them in more frequently when I checked in the other day. Doing the lower weight is a great reminder to me what is actually supposed to be worked. I may regret that request later!

Week 135 - Micro 134- 60% Week

Squat (Thur/Gold’s)
    Medium Stance Leg Press 8; 8; AMRAP
    190 x 8; 8; 8 -- I don’t think this is the right weight to use at Gold’s but I went with it. The leg press at the gym at home is very different.

DB Walking Lunge 3 x 12
    30’s x 12; 12; 12

DB Goblet Squat 3 x 12
    45 x 12; 12; 12

Seated Leg Curl 3 x 12 (do lying at Gold’s)
    55 x 12; 60 x 12; 12

DB Lateral Raise 3 x 12
    12.5’s x 8; 7; 10 x 12

Captain’s Chair Leg Raise 3 x 12
    BW x 12; 12; 12

Flooding? Not a good start. I am sorry that happened. Seems your last year will go out with a bang, eh?
    I dont know how you deal with all the parents. That would be the only thing holding me back from wanting to teach kids. I have wanted to start a nature based pre k, or at least dreamed of it, to bring in some income doing something I see as important, but the idea of pleasing the parents in this day and age gives me mega anxiety.

You asked for 20s? LOL!!! Makes me remember trying German Volume Training back in the day. It was a 10x10 regimen, and it was murder! But I might be preferring lower weight these days myself.
    "Choice is ours whether

All the fans and dehumidifiers are finally out of my room/lab. I was only there for a short time today though, I had to come home to pick up my APAP machine for sleeping. Yay! An APAP machine is similar to a CPAP machine but an APAP machine automatically adjust the air pressure. I don’t care what or how it does it as long as I am able to sleep.

I taught at my previous school in my hometown for 23 years and then had an opportunity to teach at my present school. I couldn’t say no, the school has a long tradition of outstanding state and national scores. The athletic program is top notch too. Actually, there really isn’t a downside to this school, other than it being 3 hours away, and the parents are great. It is a public school but in a very affluent community so the parents know what it takes to succeed. It shows what can happen when parents are involved in a positive way.

LOL, yeah, I asked for the x20 more frequently. I asked that she not tell me they were coming, just kinda of slide them in unannounced. The rep range changes almost every week so it’s really not too bad.

Edit: Completely forgot to comment on the pre k nature class. Yes! That would be great, start them young.
    I'm a science teacher so you know I love that idea.
    Last edited by LynnInAla; 08-09-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Pull/OHP (Sat/Max)

Chin Up Grip Lat Pulldown 8; 8; AMRAP
    95 x 25; 8; 8

BB Standing OHP 3 x 12
    50 x 12; 12; 12

Bentover BB Row 3 x 12
    80 x 12; 12; 12

Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 12
    65 x 12; 12; 12

Standing BB Curl 3 x 12
    50 x 12; 12; 12

Tricep Pressdown w/ rope 3 x 12
    75 x 12; 12; 12

Trail Walk- Saturday
    I didn’t keep up with time or mileage, just walked. ~ 1 hr.

Trail Ride-Sunday
    Same for today, just enjoyed being on the trail. ~12 miles/1 hr.

I’m glad I got this workout in before the first day of school today. Not sure if I would have been up for a leg day today. I’ve been teaching for a long time and the first day always exhausts me. After the workout yesterday and first day of school today, my legs are toast!

Week 135 - Micro 134- 60% Week

Lift (Mon/Gold’s )

BB Hip Thrust w/ shoulders on bench 8: 8; AMRAP
    185 x 8; 8; 8

DB Reverse Lunge 3 x 12
    30’s x 12; 12; 12

Romanian Deadlift 3 x 12
    110 x 12; 12; 11

Leg Extension 3 x 12
    120 x 12; 12; 12

35 x 12; 12; 12