Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Want To Be Fit

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Want To Be Fit

After years of lurking in the journals, I have decided to take the plunge and start one myself. I will keep this initial post short, but will add more along the way. I am 52 years old and have been active most of my life. I began my college career as a student athlete, but suffered 4 knee surgeries on one knee in college, and a few years after college. The mental part of not being a college athlete got the best of me, and as a result, I didn’t work out for a period of time after my last surgery.

I finally put on my big girl pants and realized that life was not over, and have been working out for over 20 years. Of course there were bumps in the road, but I have been consistent when my body allowed me to workout. The last 3 years I have used an online trainer I found on this site, and have never been more enthused to workout. Enthusiasm despite physical setbacks along the way. Around this time last year I was recovering from an elbow surgery. Almost 3 weeks ago I herniated a lumbar disc. Today I am recovering from a lumbar spinal block that I received yesterday. Thank goodness! Back pain is no fun. I was able to get out and walk some today, something I haven’t been able to do in weeks. Now I’m finally thinking about working out again. Adrianne, my trainer, has guided me back from my setbacks along the way, and I have no doubt she will do so with this one.

I currently log all my workouts in notebooks and enjoy looking back at my progress. I usually check in on the journals here, and I look forward to adding my own!

Today’s workout: 2- 20 min walks

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Perseverance is key, you will get the results you want just stick to doing the exercise.

Sorry about the back situation but glad it's better now.
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jay283 View Post
    Perseverance is key, you will get the results you want just stick to doing the exercise.

Sorry about the back situation but glad it's better now.
    Thanks jay283! I’ll get over this, it will just take time.

My back is still feeling good today. I will have to wait a few more days to know for sure if the injection did it’s thing, but all is well for now. I got in some more walking today, I’m trying not to over do it, but it gets hard. I want to get back to where I was NOW! I know, patience. Today I am happy with walking and getting out of a chair without pain. 3 weeks ago I was deadlifting and squatting. Things can change fast. Wouldn’t it be great if things could heal as fast as they fall apart?!

Today: Back a little stiff, but not in a bad way. 2- 20 minute walks again.

It was back to work today after being off Friday for injection. My back was a little iffy this morning, but it felt better throughout the day. I was a little concerned about being on my feet all day, but my back seemed to have taken things pretty good. I will take all things that are positive and moving in the right direction!

Today: Nothing extra. I want to see how my back responds to being on my feet all day.

Snow Day! I’m a teacher so those words are exciting for me as they are for students! The weather didn’t do what was expected, so we had a sunny day off. Cold (for us), but sunny. I took advantage of the day off and walked for about 40 minutes.

The program that I was doing when I got hurt was a 3 day split with an optional DB workout for a 4th day. I usually run a program for 2-3 months, and had just started this workout when I hurt my back. My last program was a 4 day split, so I decided to do a 3 day split. Most weeks I would like to workout 4 days, so my trainer added a DB full body workout that would not interfere with my other workouts. So today I decided to give the DB workout a try.

I kept the weights really light, but it felt good to lift again. I also had a therapy appointment for my back and got some new exercises. I use bands for most of my back rehab, and today I used the band equivalent of the little pink 1lb weight. Ugh. Oh well, at least things are moving in the right direction.

Today: 40 minute walk; DB full body workout, minus the lower body.
    Last edited by LynnInAla; 01-29-2019 at 05:03 PM.

I think I turned a corner with my back. Yay! I was a little worried this morning because I was pretty sore from the new exercises at therapy yesterday. Things seemed to loosen up throughout the day, and am now feeling better than I have in over 3 weeks. Hoping things continue in a positive direction.

Today: Work, rehab exercises

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Adrianne is awesome, and really knows her stuff. She's a great choice for a trainer.

Glad your back is doing well, back surgery is pretty scary (at least I think so lol), it's good that recovery is going well so far. Keep up the good work!
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sore is good, back pain is not. Just know the difference and your limits! I'll be following a long as a fellow spine-problem-sufferer.

Do you do any yoga for mobility? I find it really helps (although I've been slacking lately!)
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Hello Luna and mavd, thanks for dropping in!

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Adrianne is awesome, and really knows her stuff. She's a great choice for a trainer.

Glad your back is doing well, back surgery is pretty scary (at least I think so lol), it's good that recovery is going well so far. Keep up the good work!
    Adrianne is awesome, I’ve been working with her for about 2 ½ years. Thankfully I didn’t have back surgery, I can’t imagine that recovery. I herniated a disc a few weeks ago, and last Friday I had a spinal block.

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Sore is good, back pain is not. Just know the difference and your limits! I'll be following a long as a fellow spine-problem-sufferer.

Do you do any yoga for mobility? I find it really helps (although I've been slacking lately!)
    I just started my own journal, but I’ve lurked around all the journals here for a long time. I recall reading some of your posts about your back. And you’re right, there is a difference in soreness and pain. Huge difference. I have done yoga, and I usually like it when I do it. Lol, but there are usually other things that I want to do more!

Therapy appointment went well this afternoon. I’m really sore, but the therapist wasn’t concerned. He didn’t add any new exercises, but I am to up the sets over the weekend. I’m a little surprised at my approach to this rehab. As much as I want to get back to my normal program, I am more than willing to take the slow road on this. Ha, next week I may be chomping at the bit to deadlift and squat again, but for now I am happy with the slow pace.

Today: AM workout; DB upper body workout, exercises

My back has made good progress over the last days. I teach at a school 3 hours from home, so I split time between home and an apartment in town I work. I traveled home yesterday and overall, my back responded well to the drive. Lots to get done around the house, and it was nice to get a few things done after being able to do nothing the last few weeks.

I usually food prep on the weekends, and that was affected by my back issue too. I got back into the swing of things today though. Fired up the grill with meat, potatoes and veggies. On the menu for the week- steak, chicken, cabbage, potatoes, and grilled veggies. Yum, yum.

Last week I did my DB workouts at the apartment, but today I decided to give it a try in the gym. First gym trip in almost a month and it felt great!

DB Bench Press 35sx12; 15; 15 (40s coming in the next few workouts, still taking things slow)
    DB Row 35sx12; 15; 15 (Same here)
    DB Bicep Curl 20sx12; 12; 12
    EZ Curl Skullcrusher 40x15; 15; 15 (Fixed bar, adjustable was taken. Increase weight next time)
    DB Reverse Flye (Chest supported) 15sx15; 15; 15 (Use 17.5 next time)
    DB OHP 20sx12; 12; 12

Rehab back exercises

My back didn’t respond as well to the drive back yesterday. Not sure what is going on, but it was really sore today. Oh well, looks like I’m going to have good days and bad days. Adrianne, my trainer, gave me another workout. Both workouts are to keep things working and moving in my upper body until my back calms down. This one is a version of my other workout, working the same muscles with a little variation.

DB Incline Press 25’s x12; 12; 12
    Resistance Band Rows 3x12
    DB Hammer Curl 20’s x 12; 12; 12
    DB French Press 15’s x12; 12; 12
    Resistance Band Face Pulls 3x12

Back exercises- Done in the AM and this afternoon. First time doing them 2x a day. Crossing fingers my back responds well.
    30 min walk

Yesterday my back reminded me that this rehab thing would be on it’s time, not mine. I have no idea what I did, but things went from bad to worse throughout the morning. I ended up leaving work early and headed to PT. Apparently I irritated the heck out of the disc which caused a ton of muscle spasms. Laid low the rest of the day and things were much improved today.

I did the 2nd version of my rehab workout Monday so I went back to version 1 today. I also went a lighter and increased the reps for a little variety. I had several more reps for each set but keep it easy today. It was a rough day yesterday. Sigh.

DB Bench 25’s x20; 20
    DB Row 30s x20; 20
    DB Bicep Curl 15’s x 20; 20
    EZ Curl Skullcrushers 20+ Bar x 20; 20
    DB Chest supported reverse flye 10s x20; 20

Back exercises- Easy stretching only, letting things calm down

My back continues to improved from Tuesday, but I’m taking it easy. I’m paying attention to what my days are like and trying to rest my back as needed when not teaching. I teach science, and the last month put me behind with some things I wanted to do in the classroom. I have been trying to get in a short workout every other day, but the last 2 days have been hectic lab days so I decided to hold off until tomorrow.

For now, the physical therapist only wants me to stretch my back to give it time to calm down. He will re-evaluate when I go back on Tuesday and hopefully begin to add back exercises. Fine with me, it was really flared up.

Happy Friday everyone!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you sit a lot when you're teaching? That's a lot of time in the car, and sitting can be rough on the body in a lot of ways. Heck, my back issues get irritated when I sit for an hour or two some days. If you find that you're sitting a lot and it's bothering your back, maybe your PT can give you some stretches to do periodically to keep things loose?

Nice job on the workouts!
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Do you sit a lot when you're teaching? That's a lot of time in the car, and sitting can be rough on the body in a lot of ways. Heck, my back issues get irritated when I sit for an hour or two some days. If you find that you're sitting a lot and it's bothering your back, maybe your PT can give you some stretches to do periodically to keep things loose?

Nice job on the workouts!
    Thanks! No, I don’t sit a lot when I’m teaching. Over the past month, I’ve sat more than I ever have while teaching. At this point, doing anything for a period of time is irritating. Fortunately I’ve been able to ice and heat while at school, and have been able to sit or stand when I need too. Having great kids helped with that.

Driving is a killer so I didn’t go home this weekend. The PT did give me stretches, and when I have made the 3+ hour drive I have to stop and walk around a little. Things have been moving in the right direction lately though, hopefully only good things are ahead!

Very happy with the progress my back has made after it’s tantrum on Tuesday. It’s been over a month, it’s about time things took a turn for the better. Still being cautious with all my movements, especially when working out. According to the therapist, I want to extend the time between flare ups as far as I can. The disc will never really heal, but the nerve doesn’t need to frequently be irritated.

After 2 days of not working out, I was ready to get in a workout today. I’m still not pushing things, just letting my upper body get some work. Workout #2 was up today, and I wanted to give try seated row and cable face pulls, so I worked out at the apartment gym. I was a little nervous with each of them, but they didn’t bother my back at all.

Warm-up: 10 minute stationary bike ride. First time I have even thought about sitting and pedaling.

DB Incline Press 35’s x12; 12; 12
    Seated Cable Row w/ close grip 60x12; 12; 15
    DB French Press 20s x10; 8; 15’s x15
    Face Pull w/ rope 30x12; 12; 12
    Push-ups 3x15, just because I could!

3- 10 minute walks
    Back stretches only, no exercises.

I couldn’t be more happy with the progress my back has made over the past few days. The constant pain and frequent muscle spasms are almost gone. Such a relief! I know my back is still weak, so I’m not doing anything crazy. I’m not sure how much longer I will be content doing these “rehab workouts,” but for now I’ll continue to take what I can get.

Adrianne looked over my workouts and gave me a plan that will include switching up my reps. My rep ranges vary in my normal program, so it will be nice getting back to at least one thing I’m used to. Ha, she mentioned that I may be able to throw in some leg extensions soon for a little lower body work. I tried those today with about 20 lbs. Those won’t be happening anytime this week, lol. I would have never thought that leg extensions would irritate your back. Oh well, I’ll give it another week and try it again. I’m still OK with taking this really slow.

Today:
    Warm-up: 10 min stationary bike

DB Bench 40’s x 12; 12; 12
    DB Row 40’s x 12; 12; 12
    DB Curl 20’s x 12; 12; 12 (not ready for 25’s so these were done really slow)
    DB Skullcrusher 20 x 10; 10; 15’s x 15
    Rev Flyes (chest supported) 15 x 15; 20x12; 12

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice work. And good to be cautious with the rehab involving your back. I have arthritis in my lower back, which I got in my early 20's so can understand some with the aches. Yes, in particular depending with the setup of the extension can feel it in the back. There are a few that surprise me, like incline bench was feeling my back yesterday.

Good luck to you on your journey.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Nice work. And good to be cautious with the rehab involving your back. I have arthritis in my lower back, which I got in my early 20's so can understand some with the aches. Yes, in particular depending with the setup of the extension can feel it in the back. There are a few that surprise me, like incline bench was feeling my back yesterday.

Good luck to you on your journey.
    Thanks Fiction2Fitness and welcome! I’ve had many orthopedic surgeries over the years so I’m an old pro at rehabbing. This disc thing though, it’s another beast entirely. My heart goes out to you and anyone else who has to deal with back pain on a daily basis.

I am looking forward to getting back into the gym tomorrow after a several days off. I had fallen into a Sa-M-W workout week, but Wednesday was absolutely beautiful so I chose to enjoy the afternoon. When I’m working in my normal program with Adrianne I rarely skip a planned day of working out. Wednesday was kinda fun, lol, like playing hookie.

Physical therapy went well this week and the PT is allowing me to do some back exercises again. He also included bodyweight squats and planks. Very happy to be able to do something for my lower body! I was a little apprehensive in trying the squats because I was doing squats when I herniated my disc. Over the past few days I’ve worked up to 3 x 10 and they haven’t bothered my back. The planks are fine too, I’ve always been able to hold a plank for forever. If everything goes well this weekend, I will work on some new stuff next week. I drove the 3+ hours home this afternoon and it wasn’t a problem for my back at all. Thankful that things continue to move in the right direction.
    Last edited by LynnInAla; 02-15-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo

I am home this weekend, so back into a real gym today. I haven’t been going to the gym because the modified workouts don’t require a real gym. I realized today that I miss being in a gym, so I may go next week. I’m still being very careful and can see how one wrong move could cause a flare up. I over arched my back today doing the French Press. If the weight had been heavier, it might have caused a problem. I want to increase the weight on all my the lifts, but will keep them here for now.

DB Incline Press 35’s x12; 12; 12
    Seated Cable Row w/ close grip 80x12; 12; 12
    DB French Press 35x12; 12; 12
    Face Pull w/ rope 95 x 12; 12; 12

Rehab: Back stretches and exercises, bodyweight squats 3 x 10, planks 3 x 30 sec.

Trail walk- 45 min. First real trail walk in over a month. Back feeling good!

Holiday for me today and normally that means a workout, but not today. I needed to take care of some things around the house that had been put on the back burner because of my back. Not missing much, the workouts are mostly isolation stuff to keep my muscles working. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with the back rehab so I will be back in full swing at the gym soon. Not looking forward to the drive back today. Blah.

Today:

Back stretches: Normal stuff
    Back exercises: Bodyweight squats 3 x 10; worked up to 3 x 1 min. planks; added resistance band on leg exercises; other normal stuff

55 minute trail walk--No problem. Thought about riding the trail on my bike but decided to wait.

Today I did what I hope is the last of the DB workouts. Well, unless I want to do one as an extra day while working in my normal program. My back has been feeling really good so I asked Adrianne if she had a plan for my new program. And of course she did. She gave me what she referred to as a draft, but that draft looked awesome.

I was able to skip therapy today because my back was feeling good. Depending on how my back feels tomorrow, I may head to the gym and do a walk through of the lifts in the program. Some will be bodyweight in the beginning, but that is fine with me. I will run them by my PT on Thursday, but I want to see what problems, if any, I may encounter. I love having Adrianne as a trainer for a lot of reasons, not having to create quality workouts is just one of them. It also a tremendous help to have an outside perspective while rehabbing.

Today:

Back stretches: Normal stuff
    Back exercises: Bodyweight squats 3 x 10; 3 x 1 min. planks; resistance band on leg exercises; other normal stuff

DB Bench 30 x 20; 20
    DB Row 30 x 20; 20
    DB Curl 15 x 20; 20
    EZ Skull 20+Bar x 20; 20
    Chest supported Rev Flyes 10 x 20; 20

Finally. Back to the gym to do an almost normal workout. Adrianne drafted a new program based on what I can try now. I’m still trying to take this rehab thing slow. From what Adrianne sent, I am only able to not do one lift, so I’m excited about that. My workouts usually start with one or two compound lifts with a AMRAP set. Those lifts are followed by accessory lifts in rep ranges that change week to week. No AMRAP sets for now, all lifts will be straight sets. Fine with me, I’m just happy to be back in the gym.

Saturday:

Press/Pull (No sets to failure)

BB Bench 3 x 8-10 (75)
    Seated Row with underhand grip 3 x 8-10 (70)
    Plate loaded Incline Press 3 x 10-12 (50)
    Wide grip pulldown 3 x 10-12 (85)
    Cable curl with rope 3 x 10-12 (30)

Back stretches and exercises
    Planks 2 x 1 min. (Side planks were added so took out a set. Want to see how my back responds.
    Side planks 2 x 1 min.
    45 min trail walk

I was excited to get into the gym today for the first lower body work in almost 2 months. The lifts are all approved by my PT, but I was a little scared in the warm up sets. Things went well and my back is feeling pretty good right now. I keep saying I’m willing to take this slow. That’s beginning to be easier said than done.

Today:

Lower Body:
    Romanian Deadlift- Nope, can’t do these yet
    Medium Stance Leg Press 3 x10-12 (90)
    Leg Extension 3 x 10-12 (80; 80; 85)
    Seated Leg Curl 3 x10-12 (6; 7; 8)
    Cable Face Pull 3 x10-12 (30)

Planks 3 x 1 min.
    Side planks 3 x 30 sec.

WO3 today to close out my workout week. Not an official workout week but better than a DB workout. I’m very happy with the way my back has responded to the new workouts. I find myself getting antsy and wanting to have this all behind me, to realizing I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and keep it slow.

Today:

Lift/OHP:

DB Goblet Squat 3 x8-10 (25; 30; 30) These were a little scary. I was squatting when I messed my back up almost 2 months ago
    Seated BB OHP 3 x 8-10 (55) I wanted to do these standing but my back said to do them seated!
    Cable Chest Flye 3 x 10-12 (15)
    BB Bicep Curl 3 x 10-12 (40) This weight was OK for biceps, but can see how these could tweak my back.
    Tricep Pressdown with straight bar 3 x 10-12 (42.5; 47.5; 50)

Planks 3 x 1 min.
    Side planks 3 x 30 sec.

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey!! It looks like you are doing pretty darn good considering your disc issue!

I also see you hurt your back squatting? Did you ever find out why?

I will be following along
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    Hey!! It looks like you are doing pretty darn good considering your disc issue!

I also see you hurt your back squatting? Did you ever find out why?

I will be following along
    Thanks! I did hurt my back while squatting. First rep of the workout and Bam! I really don't think it was what I did at that moment, it was just time for it to go. About 10 years ago I did the same thing and I was just getting out of a chair. Hindsight is 20/20, so looking back there was probably a few slight signs that something was going to happen. But heck, when you're 52 there are all kinds of things happening with your body!

Finally. A real workout. Well, as real as I am able to do. Thursday the PT cleared me for the workouts that Adrianne programmed for me. Last week was the trial week and this week it’s official. I’ve never been more happy for her to send me a workout. Even though WO1 is press/pull, I still have to be careful doing things I would have never thought could affect my back. Little things like grabbing the bar on the seated row or arching my back on the bicep curl. I was cleared by the PT with the understanding that it’s not necessarily a certain lift that can be bad. It’s too much weight too soon or form that usually causes problems when returning after rehabbing. This slow road got old a long time ago, but I’m staying with it!

Saturday: Week 114/Mirco 113 (WO1@DAC)

Press/Pull
    BB Bench 3 x 10 (80)
    Seated Row with underhand grip 3 x 10 (75; 80; 80)
    Plate loaded Incline Press 3 x 12; 12; 10 (70)
    Wide grip pulldown 3 x 12 (90)
    Bicep Cable curl with rope 3x12 60; 62.5; 62.5

Planks 3x1 min.; Side planks 2x45 sec.
    1 hour trail walk
    Last edited by LynnInAla; 03-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Leg Day! You know you’ve been away from working out for a long time when you are looking forward to leg day. Most of the people I’m around throughout the day don’t share my love of working out so I emailed Adrianne. As always she was quick to respond, and as always, she sent a warning to be careful! Lol, she is a master at programming my workouts around all my issues, but it’s got to get tiring. Looking forward to settling into some normalcy soon.

Today: Week 114/Mirco 113 (WO2- Gold’s)

Lower Body:
    Romanian Deadlift- 3x10 with a PVC pipe. Ha, I’ll probably be sore tomorrow!
    Wide stance Leg Press 95x10; 10; 12
    Leg Extension 85x12; 95x12; 100x12
    Seated Leg Curl 8x12; 12; 12
    Cable Face Pull 35x10; 10; 10

Planks 3x1 min.; Side planks 3x45 sec.