Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rocksailor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice: No change in my skinny fat/ fat profile

Hello all,
    Im looking for some guide and advice to break away from my plateau or stalled progress. Im Skinny fat with probably a body fat of above 25%
    I know its a super long thread. Sorry for the loooong, boring rants. But i want to give a clear picture on what i was doing so far.
    Pics for reference : Body/ measurements/ workouts/ diet chart attached.

Height : 164cm /5'4''
    Current Weight : 66kg
    Body : Skinny fat with a big belly
    Goals : Strength & have a beach body (bf 12-13%)
    Workout experience : 3 years on & off
    Training level : still consider beginner due to lack of strength
    Calorie counting : Yes
    Gym/ Equipment Access : Varies because i work onboard ships and hence don't be at the same place 365days
    Workout programs used - Insanity, Hammer & Chisel (twice), Insanity max 30,21 day fix extreme.
    Diets - Tried Keto + IF for a few months before with success but don't think about it as a long term option. Currently IF & IIYFM.
    Current lifts (with a Barbel)
    Squat - 60kgx8
    Bench Press- 50kgx8
    Dead lift - 65kgx6

(dumbbell versions since my forearm strength limits the load)
    Squat - 45kgx8
    Bench Press - 43kgx9
    Dead lift 50kgx8

In detail experience :

before Nov 2016 -
    being on & off the gym prior Nov 2016, When i was 69kg, and with a big belly and no muscles or strength to show, I started with Team beach body's Insanity for 2 months which helped me boost my endurance levels, though no other gains to show off. I stayed at the same body compositions and weights.

In Dec 2016 - April 2017
    I started with Team Beach body's Hammer & Chisel, 10k steps a day, along with Keto diet (cal deficit of 20%) & Intermittent Fasting and once i finished Hammer & Chisel, switched to Insanity Max 30 and by the end of march I was slimmer and lost around 8 kgs to be at 61kg. Even though my belly did reduce a bit, the gut was still more prominent.

From April to July 2017 -
    my diets & exercises went haywire Cos i got married and was traveling a lot and eating like maniac.

From August 2017 - Jan 2018
    Since i joined back onboard, I restarted Hammer & Chisel ( This time with a regular diet with a cal deficit of 5-10%), 10k steps a day, Intermittent Fasting, & IIFYM. After 2 months of Hammer & Chisel,i stopped doing the 10k steps as i read doing cardio is somewhat counter productive (i still do walk about 4-5k steps a day due to work) & did 21 day fix extreme. Then i switched over to a whole body workout program. So after 3 months of Workouts, Calorie counting, and sticking to schedules and tracking my workouts, I'm back to 60kg from 68kg, but with no much muscles or definition and a big belly.

Jan 2018 - June 2018
    No much workouts due to some exams and stuff, but was still trying to maintain my calorie deficit and trying to eat clean in the initial months, but i still managed to get back to 67kg by June 2018 and my initial body composition.

July 2018 - Dec 2018
    Workouts on and off and with calorie deficits, I had access to a proper gym and i did train using Barbells there in Nov and Dec and saw consistent progress in my lifts but by weights and measurements were almost the same. with my lift strength standards i can still be a beginner, but don't think i have any noob gains to carry forward nor do i know if i had any at all.

Jan 2019 -
    I want to try a different approach as the dieting has clearly not worked in my favor. this time thinking to do a maintenance diet ( Recomp ) or a lean bulk. Also, This time started with a push pull leg workout 6 times a week, and 10k steps daily. I dono if im skinny-fat or just fat right now, but i estimate by fat% somewhere around 26-27%. At this point, i want to gain more strength and build muscle so that my metabolism speeds up a bit more and initiate the fat loss.

Now I'm kind of confused and wrecked as to what to do. I'm finding no changes in my body over the last 2 years .Im tracking my measurements, diet, workouts, sleep, and what not over this period and there are no significant changes. Ive always tried to do my workouts intensely with minimum rest periods. I have trained fasted throughout for various programs over the last 2 year. The protein intake is on par with my calorie requirements. After 2 years of training and putting all sorts of efforts in and out of gym, i don't have any results to show. I'm doing a dumbbell/cable based push pull legs program now as i don't have access to a barbell onboard. I Do have barbell access at home, but then i wont be at home much.

Main queries -
    1) Should i recomp or go for a lean bulk? I would like to try out the lean bulk, but since i have a big belly, im thinking of doing a maintenance diet for about a month and the do a lean bulk for 4-5 months before i attempt a mini cut and repeat the cycle. What would be more efficient at this stage?

2) From my present workouts, does it look too taxing for a 6 day program with about 8-9 workouts a day? or should i further cut it down to 5-6? my Idea was to hit the strength building for major exercises and then hypertrophy for the rest of the exercises. Does that sound good? my recoveries so far has been good. However i have a bit of sleep issues due to work timings. i do manage to get at least 6 hours in though.

3) How long can i expect a result of building some amount of muscle and losing fat to look decent enough if i go by the recomp with a slight deficit or bulk (say 100-150 cals)

4) Should i be doing any other forms of cardio right now apart from the 10k steps i do daily?

5) I currently train fasted and doing intermittent fasting. Does is help or limit the process? or should i not train fasted since im planning to recomp/lean bulk?

The supplements i have used so far are only Whey protein and BCCA tabs ( only a month). I started using multivitamins and omega 3 fish oils over the last few months.
    I would like to know what can i tweak to get my belly to start burning off? When i have been putting on the efforts and tracking everything where am i going wrong? i know its not my lack of motivation/intensity/commitment. but somehow the results doesn't show.
    I would be very grateful for any feedback and help and i BADLY NEED IT. pls help.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by rocksailor; 01-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.

mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Recomp or cut. At your stats, you can lose up to 9 kg/20 lb and still be in a healthy BMI.
    2. Exercise smarter not more. A full body beginner program should suffice. Don't design yourself, pick one listed in the stickies on this forum.
    3. You're at the high end of healthy weight already and claim to have no muscle so I don't think you should really be thinking about bulking. Recomp until progress stops (should get a couple months since you're relatively untrained), then probably cut.
    4. Cardio is at your discretion to increase deficit or for other health benefits, and shouldn't be thought of as the sole source of fat loss.
    5. There's some disputed studies that claim certain benefits and drawbacks of IF and fasted training. Regardless, not enough to really change your results, so use them as tools if and only if they help you stick to your calorie and exercise goals.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    1. Recomp or cut. At your stats, you can lose up to 9 kg/20 lb and still be in a healthy BMI.
    2. Exercise smarter not more. A full body beginner program should suffice. Don't design yourself, pick one listed in the stickies on this forum.
    3. You're at the high end of healthy weight already and claim to have no muscle so I don't think you should really be thinking about bulking. Recomp until progress stops (should get a couple months since you're relatively untrained), then probably cut.
    4. Cardio is at your discretion to increase deficit or for other health benefits, and shouldn't be thought of as the sole source of fat loss.
    5. There's some disputed studies that claim certain benefits and drawbacks of IF and fasted training. Regardless, not enough to really change your results, so use them as tools if and only if they help you stick to your calorie and exercise goals.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Many thanks for the quick reply. I'm having trouble posting all of the pics due to a slow internet connection onboard. However have managed to upload 1 pic today. please do have a look
    1. I've cut for the last 2 years and maybe a reason that the cuts are not working anymore due to a slowed down metabolism combined with the age factor. Now, for a fact with proof in the attached image, i went down this path and come down to 59-60kg from 69-70, twice and i looked the smaller version of me and sick. Hence wondering about the lean bulk this time.
    2. I got the program from reditt/bodybuilding.com, but modified a bit to suit the availability of equipment. I will post the pic of my current program as well. I've done full body programs too and thought of switching over to PPL.
    3. This is the problem area. I know its the higher end for my height and weight, and when i say no muscles, i don't mean nothing at all. I've been super skinny prior to gaining weight and being chubby/skinny fat/fat. And when i started lifting weights I can see i do have a bit of muscles , but not quite what someone would expect after 2 years of training and tracking stuff. Will post another pic today with my current look.
    4. Agree to you on this. Earlier I've done a lot of cardio and HIIT and have managed to lose both muscle and fat and i feel this is the main reason i don't have any muscle to show. Currently i only do 10k steps a day and that's mostly for health benefits and the added calorie burn. Not a fan of cardio anymore.
    5.I've read quite a few articles on the same too. Since Jan 2019, Even though i do IF, i have my protein shake prior to workout since i read it helps with the BCCA's and preventing muscle loss due to fasted training. However haven't really found any difference in the intensity of workouts so far. I do follow IIFYM, but mostly clean foods. it helps to stick to my 'new lifestyle' and not something like a diet to follow.

Please do have a look at the pics in the main post. I already have one posted and trying to post the rest now

Im trying to upload the pics in the range of size 30-50kb and it says The file(s) uploaded were too large to process. Any idea? Pls help. I cant put down links right now too as i don't have enough posts .

hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1) Cut

2) Pick a sticky workout it is a lot easier instead of trying to make one yourself Fierce 5 dumbbell or All pro.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473

3) Don't recomp, I think your fat level is too high. You may end up looking the same just stick to cutting.

4) Up to you really weight loss is dictated by diet not exercise. Add some in either when you stall or add small amounts for health benefits and bonus calorie burnt, then increase when stall.

5) No it doesn't help except for adherence to calorie amounts, just count your calories.

Read these stickies:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rocksailor View Post
    Please do have a look at the pics in the main post. I already have one posted and trying to post the rest now
    Sorry, the pictures do not change my mind. You are in a better place to cut than bulk. If you don't agree that you are untrained/at a beginner level, even recomp is not going to be a good option. Cutting while lifting heavy will give you better results than you've experienced previously.

My last few cuts have also been way harder than they were when I first started lifting 8 years ago. It sucks but it is just the way it is.

So i managed to upload all the pics. I will also post a most recent pic tomorrow for a better analysis on my state of muscles , if i have any.

It's been over a year and a half since i wanted to put my transformation pics up, but the transformation is yet to come. I can be patient, and wont go down on my attempt and motivation to achieve it.

Even though, i want to up the weights every other workouts its not feasible here because of the equipment limitations and the adjustable dumbbells we have here have higher increment loads. So I'm trying to combine both the strength and hypertrophy on my workouts at the moment.

Diet - Since Nov 2016, I've been eating in the range of 1800-1350 cals. My TDEE is estimated around 2100 now, and i'm eating at around 1950-2050 over the last 3 weeks. Pretty steady on scales too.

Sorry, the pictures do not change my mind. You are in a better place to cut than bulk. If you don't agree that you are untrained/at a beginner level, even recomp is not going to be a good option. Cutting while lifting heavy will give you better results than you've experienced previously.

My last few cuts have also been way harder than they were when I first started lifting 8 years ago. It sucks but it is just the way it is.
    I do not mind a cut at all. In fact I'm more concerned on how i would look on a bulk than i leaning out. And yes i do agree that my stats are of beginner level as I've already mentioned in my post. I'm just worried if my cuts would get me back to where i was before - more skinny with a belly and no muscles to show! ( as in the 2nd pic ).
    I did my cutting while lifting heavier each day, but the breaks in between the travel/limited resources have been a hindrance to the progress. I would really prefer a cut, but the trauma i faced twice is getting in the way. I can see many people cut before they bulked up, and that's what made me do it all the while, but with no much progress. I don't know where I went wrong twice and ended up the same. I'm ready to give it another go, but suggest me where to tweak my diet/workout/plans or whatever to make it work this time.

If the weight you could lift increased consistently during a cut, it's a clear sign you weren't lifting as much as you could. And if you aren't lifting as much as you can, you risk losing muscle during said cut. Figure out what you're capable of and work out a weight/rep range for each lift that leaves you with no more than 1-2 "left in the tank" at the end of your sets, and use that number as consistently as possible during your next cut.

[QUOTE=hardyboysare;1572009961]
    1) Cut

2) Pick a sticky workout it is a lot easier instead of trying to make one yourself Fierce 5 dumbbell or All pro.

3) Don't recomp, I think your fat level is too high. You may end up looking the same just stick to cutting.

4) Up to you really weight loss is dictated by diet not exercise. Add some in either when you stall or add small amounts for health benefits and bonus calorie burnt, then increase when stall.

5) No it doesn't help except for adherence to calorie amounts, just count your calories.

thanks for the reply
    Ive done something very similar to the Fierce 5, a few months back. Yes, i do find it a very solid program. However would like to know, what is my current workout program like? I picked it up from either BB or reditt forums. However i have substituted a few exercises due to the limited availability of equipment. I do like the 3 day whole body workouts a lot compared to other ones as i have to spend less time in the gym plus it works the whole body. I'm already about a month into my current program though and would like to keep it up for a few months more if that looks good still.
    Yea i stick to IF and IIFYM mainly for the purpose of sticking to the calorie requirements. I find it a lot easier to follow and maintain. However over the last few days, Ive started to have a protein shake prior to workouts.

If the weight you could lift increased consistently during a cut, it's a clear sign you weren't lifting as much as you could. And if you aren't lifting as much as you can, you risk losing muscle during said cut. Figure out what you're capable of and work out a weight/rep range for each lift that leaves you with no more than 1-2 "left in the tank" at the end of your sets, and use that number as consistently as possible during your next cut.
    Well, I guess i did stall for a bit, but i did not try lifting heavier once i tried out a de load. But on every workouts I have always maintained the ''1-2 left in the tank'' mode and rests of 30-60 sec max and lifted with a high intensity always. Yes you are right, i do think i can lift a bit more heavy sometimes, but then i workout alone on most days and when im onboard i really don't want to risk an injury owing to the conditions onboard (imbalance and stuff like that) + the heavier load. that does play in my mind sometimes. But yes, I always make sure I at least increase the weight or increase the rep on every workout.
    Last edited by rocksailor; 01-26-2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

No one else to share their views on this ?

Any one please??
    Also If I do a recomp, how long does it take to see some sort of visible changes as with my case? I've been somewhat on a maintenance diet for the last 2-3 months and i don't see any sort of changes anywhere in my body other than a bit of muscle on my arms. There is no changes in my body weight either. So I'm sure my calories are dialed in.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    1) Cut

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473

Read these stickies:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    Concur with all of this right here. You need to lose some of that fat, a recomp isn't going to cut it and bulking should not even be in your vocabulary for the foreseeable future.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Concur with all of this right here. You need to lose some of that fat, a recomp isn't going to cut it and bulking should not even be in your vocabulary for the foreseeable future.
    Thanks,I do agree It would be better to lose the fat before i build. however my concern is, being done cutting twice and ending up the same way and due to dieting for a long time already from 1900 to 1300 a day, my metabolism has taken a hit. Now even when on calorie deficits I'm not losing any weight or an inch from my body. Twice i ended up looking more skinny and small with a belly. i dont want to end up looking the same this time if i start with a cut again. and how much do i cut back to again??

Im really frustrated with this. I'm sorry for the rants, but i'm losing my motivation now. No results to show after all the efforts and tracking all this while. Btw, have any of you been in the state im in? and had a good tranformation doing the cut? i see a lot of people telling to slow bulk as well instead of cutting?

Thanks,I do agree It would be better to lose the fat before i build. however my concern is, being done cutting twice and ending up the same way and due to dieting for a long time already from 1900 to 1300 a day, my metabolism has taken a hit. Now even when on calorie deficits I'm not losing any weight or an inch from my body. Twice i ended up looking more skinny and small with a belly. i dont want to end up looking the same this time if i start with a cut again. and how much do i cut back to again??

Im really frustrated with this. I'm sorry for the rants, but i'm losing my motivation now. No results to show after all the efforts and tracking all this while. Btw, have any of you been in the state im in? and had a good tranformation doing the cut? i see a lot of people telling to slow bulk as well instead of cutting?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can do either - you have to do both and the order you do them in is not that important.

Be sure to maintain a moderate calorie deficit, maintain strength and protein intake when dieting.

Be sure to progressively increase strength and maintain protein intake when gaining mass on a 2-300 calorie surplus.

That's all there is to it. Don't be fooled by your weight or appearance changes - you are probably moving towards your goal. It's just that cutting will tend to make you look smaller without improving your shape - and mass gain will tend to make your belly bigger at this stage. Sucks - but you have to break eggs to make an omelette as they say.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You can do either - you have to do both and the order you do them in is not that important.

Be sure to maintain a moderate calorie deficit, maintain strength and protein intake when dieting.

Be sure to progressively increase strength and maintain protein intake when gaining mass on a 2-300 calorie surplus.

That's all there is to it. Don't be fooled by your weight or appearance changes - you are probably moving towards your goal. It's just that cutting will tend to make you look smaller without improving your shape - and mass gain will tend to make your belly bigger at this stage. Sucks - but you have to break eggs to make an omelette as they say.
    Thanks.
    Well that's the spot I'm in right now. no changes and a cut will make me smaller and a bulk will make my belly bigger. and a recomp so far has not had an effect as well. Anyways looking at everything, I've decided to go for a cut once again and keeping on with the workouts 3 days a week + 1 or 2 days of HIIT. for the cuts, i plan to be around 20% deficit like i used to do before, plus an addition of a full day fast, wherein those extra calories i will be using on my training days. Does that sound good? so effectively im planning to eat more on my training days and i'll balance it with a full day fast on a non training day. It shouldn't be difficult me for as I'm already following IF. Planning to start with this from tomorrow and will guage results after a month and see?

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    plus an addition of a full day fast, wherein those extra calories i will be using on my training days. Does that sound good? so effectively im planning to eat more on my training days and i'll balance it with a full day fast on training day.
    You were doing so well............

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    You were doing so well............
    U mean to say that is not a sound plan? what else could be done?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    He's probably referring to IF and the full day fast.

Going for extended periods without protein will work against you if you're trying to gain muscle and lose fat.

Just keep the same daily calorie deficit and don't try anything too fancy - and it'll probably work a lot better.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my metabolism has taken a hit. Now even when on calorie deficits I'm not losing any weight or an inch from my body.
    Yeah so thats not a thing, you metabolism didn't "take a hit", what happened is that you stopped eating in a calorie deficit. Your body cannot physically hold fat stores in a calorie deficit, its just not possible (do you think people in concentration camps stayed fat even with lack of food? or anorexics for that matter?) NO because without the proper amount of fuel (calories) your body will continue to consume itself for energy until there is literally nothing left.
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Going for extended periods without protein will work against you if you're trying to gain muscle and lose fat.

Just keep the same daily calorie deficit and don't try anything too fancy - and it'll probably work a lot better.
    ^ This

U mean to say that is not a sound plan? what else could be done?
    Try eating like a normal person?

I mean, I guess I could see the IF thing to a degree, if it helps someone control their caloric intake, but fasting for an entire day is a bit extreme.

Got it! It's a bit of a pain too to track. Will keep the same deficits. I thought that prompted me to go that route was to give my body a surplus to build a bit or at least sustain the muscles i have because of the fear of losing all those muscles while on the cut which happened twice before. Plus my understanding that my lifts will also stall once i go the deficit route, as even right now i can feel its kind of stalled.
    Nevertheless going ahead with the cut! I hope it doesn't bite back this time.

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    ^ This

Try eating like a normal person?

I mean, I guess I could see the IF thing to a degree, if it helps someone control their caloric intake, but fasting for an entire day is a bit extreme.
    The +20/-20 is what 'leangains' suggests. that was the basis of my assumption to add those fasting day calories to my workout days and then take a full day fast so that the net calories is not affected. Anyways as suggested above, I'll go with the normal cut. IF does helps me a lot in staying within the limits and have read in a few articles and you tube about doing the 16/8 then advancing to 20/4 and full day fasts. I'm only concerned with getting rid of the fat right now though, by any means. Going mad trying to do every single, silly, minute thing which could possibly help.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Yeah so thats not a thing, you metabolism didn't "take a hit", what happened is that you stopped eating in a calorie deficit. Your body cannot physically hold fat stores in a calorie deficit, its just not possible (do you think people in concentration camps stayed fat even with lack of food? or anorexics for that matter?) NO because without the proper amount of fuel (calories) your body will continue to consume itself for energy until there is literally nothing left.
    you mean to say eating at about 1200-1300-1400 range for over 1.5 years doesn't do a thing while being slightly active if not very? and it's not like I don't track my food. I have a food intake log of over 2 years where i use kitchen scale to measure my food. I'm quite sure of my TDEE as well.

Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you mean to say eating at about 1200-1300-1400 range for over 1.5 years doesn't do a thing while being slightly active if not very? and it's not like I don't track my food. I have a food intake log of over 2 years where i use kitchen scale to measure my food. I'm quite sure of my TDEE as well.
    How often did you have cheat days? I can blow my entire weekly deficit with a few binge out meals.
    2019 goals - squat 365, bench 295, DL 455
    OHP 1XBW, Incline press - 225 for reps

Currently lifts
    Bench - 265 - 3x3
    Squat - 315 - 3x3
    Deadlift - 415 1x3
    OHP - 165 - 1x5 (taking a long break from this one)
    Incline press - 205 5x5
    BW - 185.. On the way to 170

The +20/-20 is what 'leangains' suggests. that was the basis of my assumption to add those fasting day calories to my workout days and then take a full day fast so that the net calories is not affected. Anyways as suggested above, I'll go with the normal cut. IF does helps me a lot in staying within the limits and have read in a few articles and you tube about doing the 16/8 then advancing to 20/4 and full day fasts. I'm only concerned with getting rid of the fat right now though, by any means. Going mad trying to do every single, silly, minute thing which could possibly help.
    Well, do as you like, but many fall for these gimicky diet plans, supplements, workouts, fat-burner this, fat-burner that, fat-burner technology incorporated into the new Butt-Blaster 5000..........

It's all due to people looking for the easy way, it's what keeps those people in business.

Going mad trying to do every single, silly, minute thing which could possibly help.
    Well.....Stop the Insanity.......... (pun intended)

Calories in, calories out.......that's all it takes.

Uncluttered your life.

Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryan444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It shows you're eating 2,000 calories a day.

I am 229, 25% body fat, and 6 foot... For me to lose fat, I need to eat 2,700 calories on a day I workout and that number drops to 1,900 on days I do not work out.

With that said, I do not think you need 2,000 which sucks because you'll be hungry all the time...

Also, from my limited experience losing fat... You feel very hungry all the time.

Your body constantly sends hunger signals throughout the day and for me this indicated I am losing body fat.

I think you should lift 6 days a week if your body is able to recover quickly.

I think Fierce 5 is a good program which will allow you to recover property if 6 days a week is too much

Originally Posted by Millz12323 View Post
    How often did you have cheat days? I can blow my entire weekly deficit with a few binge out meals.
    No cheat meals as such. i follow IIFYM. even then those 'bad foods' creep then a lot less frequent. I was pretty much sticking to my calories and adjusting according to the weight changes.