khp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to get my lifts up

Hello,
    I play varsity HS football and I would like to get my lifts up and be more athletic. I have a high body fat % and wish to decrease this. Any programs for building strength/increasing lean mass %/ becoming more explosive?
    I would like to add I get 2-3 hours of sleep on average and I have poor nutrition. I am consuming protein powder shakes and plan on adding creatine to this.
    Body weight: 267
    Height: 6'3.5
    Lifts:
    Squat: 320
    Bench: 205
    Power clean: 175/185 (uncertain)

Can someone recommend me a program?
    I am currently doing SL 5x5 and some BW stuff (50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 squats). I am ashamed to say I have a bad case of the moobs.

My goals in 6 months:
    Squat: 425
    Bench: 270
    Power Clean: 250

Thank you in advance!

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A few things. Treat protein shakes as food and nothing else. The fact you had to mention that you're consuming them, leads me to believe you see them as magical or mandatory. They are not. You say you want to reduce body fat and increase lean mass. The former is best achieved in a calorie deficit with the latter in a surplus. While it's certainly possible to achieve both concurrently, you'll most likely see faster results by focusing on one goal at a time.

Fierce 5 novice routine in the stickies is a good pick. There's no such thing as a program that alters body composition - that comes from diet. Check out the nutrition sub and educate yourself there. You won't get anywhere unless your nutrition is on point. Fierce 5 novice routine + hitting your macros and calories based on your fitness goals (check nutrition sub) and that's all you need, really. And of course getting adequate rest and all that good stuff.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2-3 hours sleep on average????
    Fix that first