Norlian is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Girlfriend getting into fitness, help needed

Hey guys,

I am helping my gf (22) getting into fitness. She broke her leg 1year ago and is pretty much recovered since few months now. However she still has a metal bar inside her whole upper-leg. And she has s****osis.

Anyways her brother has a little gym setup in their garage (dumbell, rack, barbell, bench) and I tried to setup a plan for her.

3x10-12 Romanian DL (forearms and triceps(?) get tired, almost no feeling in glutes/hams)

3x10-12 Goblet Squat (still having trouble with depth, mobility/stretching needed after her broken leg)

3x10-12 Dumbell Rows (looks solid so far)

3x10-12 Dumbell Flys (planned to swapped to a Press Variation at some point)

Takes her around 30-40min to complete this workout. However for her she doesnt feel her legs/glutes exhausted enough

and she doesnt care so much about Chest/back. (My Plan for her was just to get muscles spread over all the body, not only in particular areas)

What should I adjust for her?

Maybe its even better for her to do some booty/leg routine where you just do as many reps as possible per exercises for like 60secs or so.

Any advice/links for routines appreciated. Thanks alot!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    And point her to those threads of discussion and let her find things out herself. Or assist her in finding a competent trainer. Do not try to train your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife, mother or anyone else close to you, but particularly not your girlfriend or wife.

sledgurl07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I broke my leg badly, to the point of almost losing it. I had a tibial nail and screws to hold the piece together. Because it was such a high energy accident, not only was it broken bones, but my cardiovascular, nerves, muscles, etc. I have to do cardio, in order to continue forcing blood into the lower extremity. Sadly, after 5.5 years and making sure I placed heavy weight onto my leg (doctors told me by stressing my lower leg with weights, it forced the leg to continue remodeling of the bone), I was told my tibia is slowly dying. But I can't imagine the condition of my leg if I hadn't been doing these exercises. Of course each injury is so different, but I would absolutely encourage her to get a healthy weightlifting routine. It will really help her old injury, and a healthy future.

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Norlian View Post
    Hey guys,

I am helping my gf (22) getting into fitness. She broke her leg 1year ago and is pretty much recovered since few months now. However she still has a metal bar inside her whole upper-leg. And she has s****osis.

Anyways her brother has a little gym setup in their garage (dumbell, rack, barbell, bench) and I tried to setup a plan for her.

3x10-12 Romanian DL (forearms and triceps(?) get tired, almost no feeling in glutes/hams)

3x10-12 Goblet Squat (still having trouble with depth, mobility/stretching needed after her broken leg)

3x10-12 Dumbell Rows (looks solid so far)

3x10-12 Dumbell Flys (planned to swapped to a Press Variation at some point)

Takes her around 30-40min to complete this workout. However for her she doesnt feel her legs/glutes exhausted enough

and she doesnt care so much about Chest/back. (My Plan for her was just to get muscles spread over all the body, not only in particular areas)

What should I adjust for her?

Maybe its even better for her to do some booty/leg routine where you just do as many reps as possible per exercises for like 60secs or so.

Any advice/links for routines appreciated. Thanks alot!
    I agree with Kimm about reading all the stickies. There is solid information there.

As far as not feeling the work in the glutes, she could try some glute activation exercises as a warm-up. I like to do some banded clamshells and body weight glute bridges before I use weights for lower body. I don't get as much glute action from RDLs myself. I get a better glute workout with straight legged DLs, glute bridges, back extensions, split and sumo squats.