Thread: Glutes Work out

T tranquilo T favorvel denisemeu's Avatar
    denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Glutes Work out

Hello, I’m a female around 143lbs.
    I would like some input on my work out routine. I usually work out lower body 3 days per week and upper body + abs 2 times per week.
    My main focus on lower body is to grow glutes. My work out changes, but here is an example:
    Leg press: 4x12 @ 250
    Hip abduction: 4x12 @150
    Hip thrust: 4x10 @ 250
    Dead lift: 4x15 @ 85
    Glute press: 4x12 @130

PS: I don’t squat or go heavy on deadlift because it hurts my back.

Thank you for the comments
    English is not my first language.
    Former athlete. Mother of two.
    Instagram: @denisemeu

dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by denisemeu View Post
    I would like some input on my work out routine. I usually work out lower body 3 days per week and upper body + abs 2 times per week.
    My main focus on lower body is to grow glutes. My work out changes, but here is an example:

do you have a specific back injury?

denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50) denisemeu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not diagnosed.
    But after the second pregnancy my back isn’t the same and can hurt badly for days sometimes. Since I don’t like to squat, I avoid it altogether and just went back to deadlifting, so I’m being over conservative with it.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not diagnosed.
    But after the second pregnancy my back isn’t the same and can hurt badly for days sometimes. Since I don’t like to squat, I avoid it altogether and just went back to deadlifting, so I’m being over conservative with it.
    I'm sorry about your back. Are you thinking of seeing a doc? Have you consulted with a physical therapist (because the pain seems to be a limiting factor)? Have you tried walking lunges and step-ups with DB's? Do goblet sumo squats aggravate your back? Make sure your form is strict and there is no lower back pain while doing these. Continue doing traditional deadlifts- only using strict form, and with no lower back pain! Your strength and growth will progress in time, but more importantly.....without injury.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Baraki and Barbell medicine have a ton of info on training with back pain and why most people get it wrong (avoidance is rarely the answer)

5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My ass could take a bullet and the only exercise that I do that you in your example do, is deadlifts. I suggest you start learning the kettlebell swing and the Romanian Deadlift. To address the lower back issue immediately, do this: https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...xercise-period

Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    Try Brett Contreras Strong Curves programme

I’d say the top glute exercises would be squat, lunge, deadlift, hip thrust with variations

I know you don’t squat but leg press isn’t really a substitute

You may want to consult a medic and get some physio guided work for your back, no point living with that for life if you can train to overcome the pain
    I read/follow Bret Contreras for years. He is amazing. I don’t have a back issue that disables me from doing anything, I’m very active. I “kind of see” a doctor on a daily basis since my husband is a surgeon and he tells me to take Advil if in pain lol

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    I'm sorry about your back. Are you thinking of seeing a doc? Have you consulted with a physical therapist (because the pain seems to be a limiting factor)? Have you tried walking lunges and step-ups with DB's? Do goblet sumo squats aggravate your back? Make sure your form is strict and there is no lower back pain while doing these. Continue doing traditional deadlifts- only using strict form, and with no lower back pain! Your strength and growth will progress in time, but more importantly.....without injury.
    Yes. I do vary exercises
    I’m not sure if I was clear in my original post. I would like to know if in your opinion this “work out 1” was covering all lower muscle groups with focus on glutes

Can’t help thinking of those women married to contractors who spend years waiting for them to do up the kitchen

Do you know why you are living with back pain that bad?
    Lol true. He says many Americans get addicted to pain killers and the doctors have a big responsibility on it
    I think I wasn’t precise when I described it. My back isn’t the same after pregnancies (like almost for anyone else?), but it doesn’t hurt often, it just happens sometimes so I just avoid things that in the past have hurt it with the idea that I can do other exercises in the gym that although are not “the best “ (squat), are still good enough I can benefit from it

Thing is get your form right and progress slowly and the squat will strengthen your torso and stabilisers and help to reduce back pain

It will also help you achieve your stated goal of glute gains (within reason and subject to correct diet)

But if you don’t wanna go compound then any progressive glute exercise will help
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    My ass could take a bullet and the only exercise that I do that you in your example do, is deadlifts. I suggest you start learning the kettlebell swing and the Romanian Deadlift. To address the lower back issue immediately, do this: https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...xercise-period
    Lol thanks!

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Baraki and Barbell medicine have a ton of info on training with back pain and why most people get it wrong (avoidance is rarely the answer)

Understood. Thank you!

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I came here to say Glute Press but see you already do it.
    Leg Curl machine is also really good. It's supposed to be a hamstring exercise, but try it and put a hand on your glutes when you do it and they definitely work hard.