Thread: Is this normal?

rightarmstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this normal?

So this is my 2nd week going to the gym. I cant see results, even when i compare pictures. Though everyone else can see the results.....

But i went tonight, used the regular amount of preworkout, everything was normal, except i usually start with running half a mile and walking half a mile, and that seemed like hell, i couldnt do near as many reps with weight ive been using, so i had to do more sets with lower reps. Then some how overall i ended up doing more than i ever have...

When i left i felt depressed and felt like i didnt do enough. Im usually super hyped after a workout, and now im just mehh... i dont know if this is temporary or something that will last and i would have to push through.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rightarmstrong View Post
    So this is my 2nd week going to the gym. I cant see results, even when i compare pictures. Though everyone else can see the results.....

But i went tonight, used the regular amount of preworkout, everything was normal, except i usually start with running half a mile and walking half a mile, and that seemed like hell, i couldnt do near as many reps with weight ive been using, so i had to do more sets with lower reps. Then some how overall i ended up doing more than i ever have...

When i left i felt depressed and felt like i didnt do enough. Im usually super hyped after a workout, and now im just mehh... i dont know if this is temporary or something that will last and i would have to push through.
    Sometimes "off" days happen at the gym. You just have to push through them the best you can.

So this is my 2nd week going to the gym. I cant see results, even when i compare pictures.
    2 weeks is nothing. You need to reset your expectations. This is a long term thing. Think in terms of 6 months to a year just to get started good. Not 2 weeks.
    Last edited by CommitmentRulz; 01-18-2019 at 03:50 PM.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not to burst your bubble, but there are no real noticable improvements possible in 2 weeks. If people really do see a “difference” it’s probably due to muscle inflammation and/or water retention caused by the body adapting. Both will make you a little “swole” (literally).

As far as the workout, you should be on a well structured beginners workout and follow it AS WRITTEN. None of these workouts start out so tough that you should be burned out or “overtrained ” after two weeks. The fact that you just started winging it in the gym, without any real comprehension of what possitive or negative effect it may have on your body is disappointing.

And honestly...there is no real reason to be using a pre-workout this early in your training. Your intensity level really can’t warrant needing it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by grubman; 01-20-2019 at 09:42 AM.

RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBxxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, don't expect to be seeing gains after a couple of weeks, try a couple of months.

And off days in the gym happen. Sometimes you can go in stoked for a workout but when you start moving the weight around you're just not feeling it. It's a bummer but you'll probably be fine next time. I find it works the other way too, sometimes you just smash PB's outta nowhere!

I would say if you're new to working out have you shifted your eating/water intake accordingly? If you haven't started eating more on gym days it could explain why you're feeling tired two weeks in?

rightarmstrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Between 10 hour workdays and already being tired, i dont really know much about this. I have been researching body building, weightloss, and nutrition, but it all seems like alot to grasp.

Ive cut out alot of unhealthy foods, but i dont know how to go about a nutrition plan or workout regime.

Though i havent had another bad day yet, ive noticed ill workout until my body feels done, then a few hours later im ready to go back. Im afraid of hurting myself lol.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rightarmstrong View Post
    Between 10 hour workdays and already being tired, i dont really know much about this. I have been researching body building, weightloss, and nutrition, but it all seems like alot to grasp.

Ive cut out alot of unhealthy foods, but i dont know how to go about a nutrition plan or workout regime.

Though i havent had another bad day yet, ive noticed ill workout until my body feels done, then a few hours later im ready to go back. Im afraid of hurting myself lol.
    Read this, ignore everything else for now.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133