NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

XTend Carbonated BCAA 4 Flavors

Last week I received a pack of the new Carbonated XTend BCAA, in 4 different flavors:
    Glacial Grape
    Black Cherry
    Kiwi Berry Blast
    Blue Raspberry Ice

A big, huge THANK YOU to team XTend for sending this out.
    I appreciate it very much!

As you can see in the picture, the company really took the time and invested the resources so that whoever receives this promotional box, be it a brand new costumer or be it a returning customer, would be pleasantly impressed. They really did a great job with the presentation here!

I wanted to open it right away, but the cans were at room temperature and I did not want to dilute the taste with ice, so I kept it in the fridge overnight.

Here is some honest feedback after drinking all 4 cans.

TASTE

*** Glacial Grape ***

I had the first serving Saturday night, and the can was ice-cold. The taste was very close to real grapes, and I liked it. The flavor consistency was almost spot on for me: not too sweet like Grape Soda, and not too faint like those cans of flavored mineral water. It was about 40% flavor and 60% plain, if that makes any sense. I wanted a bit more flavor – maybe a 50/50, but I still liked it. There was no chemical taste in there and also no aftertaste.

*** Black Cherry ***

I drank this Sunday on the way to church. My initial thought was “Cherry Coke.” As opposed to the flavor I drank the previous day, I thought this was a bit too sweet: maybe 70% flavor and 30% plain. I am difficult to please, eh? Ha Ha … Just offering honest feedback, that's all. Since I do prefer the taste of Diet Coke over regular, and the taste of Diet Cherry Coke over regular, I thought this was a bit too sweet, but I still liked it very much. I could drink this every day.

*** Kiwi Berry Blast ***

I drank this Monday early-evening, right after a brief bodyweight workout. It was towards the end of a 24hr fast, so I had an empty stomach. I thought this was the most faint flavor of the four. I did not dislike it and I would definitely drink it again, but I just thought the flavor was quite faint. The flavor was also on the sour side for me, so if you like that, you’ll like this. The Kiwi overpowered the Berry taste at around 70%-30% in my opinion. I did enjoy this drink, especially because it was ice-cold at the end of my workout, and also because I drank it on an empty stomach. I also need to say that there was no chemical taste nor any unpleasant aftertaste.

*** Blue Raspberry Ice ***

I drank this last night (Tuesday) intra-workout. I’m having a difficult time getting workouts in nowadays because of family and professional obligations. I do try to get at least 3 workouts every week. These are done at home, focusing mostly on bodyweight compound exercises and also some Cardio. This particular workout lasted 31 minutes and involved Cardio on a stepper, combined with different Pull exercises using the attached resistance bands. I know … not a workout one can brag about. I don’t care to brag about anything right now. As long as I can eat well and get some regular exercise, that’s all that matters. My post-workout meal was two servings of homemade chicken stir fry with veggies and rice. Tasted awesome!

Anyhow … this flavor was good. It took me a while to try and figure out what it really tasted like, because I expected Blueberry for some reason. It was more of a Berry flavor, like a straight-forward Raspberry flavor, with some added flavor I could not identify. I did like it, especially since I drank it ice-cold intra-workout.

As you can see on the label, this is well dosed at 7g BCAA. I liked the Electrolyte Blend in there as well. I seldom drink plain water and this helps with hydration. A pretty straight-forward profile and also quite transparent. I particularly liked the fact that no artificial ingredients were used for coloring. I don’t need to SEE dark red in order to TASTE dark cherry. Quite happy with this profile.

PRICE
    I did not pay for this, and I really appreciate the gift!
    At $25/case you’ll spend about $2 a can.
    For a BCAA supplement, I think that is too expensive.
    That is just my honest opinion.

I think the reader needs to differentiate between feedback from a user who gets this for free, and someone who would have to take money from their bank account and pay for it. When I buy a pre-workout, for example, I feel that at $2/serving that pre-workout is overpriced. I am not cheap, but I don’t like to throw my money at the wind, either.

For a BCAA product, I am usually willing to pay about $1 per serving, and I actually prefer to stay around $0.50 per serving. Without getting into the entire debacle with the current BCAA arguments, I do know that I get more than enough Protein from my diet daily, so my BCAA needs are already covered. Spending $2 per BCAA serving is too steep for my checkbook.

Having said that … I will add two things in favor of this product:

1. This is more than a basic BCAA supplement. You get a flavored/carbonated drink that tastes pretty good and is quite refreshing.

2. This can is LARGE! You know those Monster cans? These are the same size I think. I liked that very much. You’ll get a drink that will last well throughout your workout.

OVERALL
    I enjoyed these drinks quite a bit. If I ever see them on a decent sale, I would definitely buy me a case. I would favor the Black Cherry over all the other flavors, but that’s just me.

PERSONAL FLAVOR PREFERENCE
    1. Black Cherry
    2. Glacial Grape
    3. Blue Raspberry Ice
    4. Kiwi Berry Blast

A big THANK YOU to team XTend for sending these out.
    I really appreciate it!

Thanks for reading my review.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great review! Very detailed and as always seeing your food picture is making me hungry too.
    $2 per can isn't cheap however it is a carbonated drink. So when you consider it to buying a large red bull for example, except now you get a healthy supplement with BCAA, it's not bad.
    I prefer drinking this during my work out opposed to plain water. I feel more hydrated with it.
    I'll have my review up after i try the last 2 flavors this week. Love your pictures!
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Better Than Yesterday burntreality's Avatar
    burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) burntreality has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome review man.
    Really enjoying these.
    Cellucor\Nutrabolt Lead Community Representative
    w/ Stad0203
    ***Cellucor***

Instagram - @burntreality

Average Supplement User ScivationLead's Avatar
    ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice! I agree that Black Cherry is tough to beat!
    Nutrabolt Lead Company Rep

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Great review! Very detailed and as always seeing your food picture is making me hungry too.
    $2 per can isn't cheap however it is a carbonated drink. So when you consider it to buying a large red bull for example, except now you get a healthy supplement with BCAA, it's not bad.
    I prefer drinking this during my work out opposed to plain water. I feel more hydrated with it.
    I'll have my review up after i try the last 2 flavors this week. Love your pictures!
    Haven't had a meal yet today, so looking at my own food picture makes me hungry

Originally Posted by burntreality View Post
    Awesome review man.
    Really enjoying these.
    Thank you.
    I enjoyed them as well.

Originally Posted by ScivationLead View Post
    Nice! I agree that Black Cherry is tough to beat!
    Thank you very much for sending these out.
    If I were buying a case, it'd be the Black Cherry for sure.

ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScivationLead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Haven't had a meal yet today, so looking at my own food picture makes me hungry

Thank you.
    I enjoyed them as well.

Thank you very much for sending these out.
    If I were buying a case, it'd be the Black Cherry for sure.
    No problem!

ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncgirl2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I finished the last of mine today - I really thought I'd go back to the non-carbonated version (and I will), but I found myself craving more of the carbonated ones! Surprise myself, every day....

Originally Posted by ncgirl2 View Post
    I finished the last of mine today - I really thought I'd go back to the non-carbonated version (and I will), but I found myself craving more of the carbonated ones! Surprise myself, every day....
    These were quite different from the non-carbonated ones. To me anyways. The flavor seems a bit fainter - not a bad thing - and the carbonation makes for a refreshing drink right after a workout.

That Black Cherry was very good.

Originally Posted by ncgirl2 View Post
    So many options!