Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Cardio and Body Recomposition

I started a body recomposition diet and workout routine about 2 months ago. So far (according to DEXA scans) I'm losing about 8.5lbs of fat and gaining 3.5lbs a muscle a month.

Height: 5'9"
    Starting Weight: 210 38.5% BF
    Current Weight: 200 31.5% BF
    Calories: 2000 on M,W,F, 1500 on T,TH, S, SU
    Macro: 40% P, 30% F, 30% C
    Lifting days: Mon, Wed, Fri (Full compound workouts)
    Sleep: 6 - 8 hours a night

I'm benefitting from newbie gains

All that said, can I start adding HIIT cardio on my Tuesday and Thursday off days without affecting muscle growth and instead, further benefitting from fat loss?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 01-16-2019 at 06:14 AM.

NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NinaB55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since you’re successfully recomping, why don’t you leave it as it is?

You can add cardio as long as it doesn’t eat too deeply into your deficit.

For me, I would take advantage of the newbie gains and recomp as much as I can until I plateau. It won’t last forever. When the recomping stops (which it likely would as you continue to lose fat), then you can focus on fat loss.

Recomping is hard and it requires patience. Many people wish they could do it.

If it ain’t broken.....

All the best.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I agree, sounds like you are doing fine. By the way, you don't have to hit exact macro percentages. So long as you get at least 1.6g of protein and 1g of fat per kg of lean body mass, you can make up the remaining calories using any combination of foods - makes planning easier.

By the way, under forum rules we can't discuss the use of anabolics - even prescription use.

Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sephirothsoul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NinaB55 View Post
    Since you’re successfully recomping, why don’t you leave it as it is?

You can add cardio as long as it doesn’t eat too deeply into your deficit.

For me, I would take advantage of the newbie gains and recomp as much as I can until I plateau. It won’t last forever. When the recomping stops (which it likely would as you continue to lose fat), then you can focus on fat loss.

Recomping is hard and it requires patience. Many people wish they could do it.

If it ain’t broken.....

All the best.
    Thanks for the reply! I think you're right, nothing is necessarily broken but I'm concerned when that plateau will come so I want to stay ahead of it. Also, I find that my energy levels are considerably higher than ever so I WANT to be in the gym more often but am also leary about hindering progress.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I agree, sounds like you are doing fine. By the way, you don't have to hit exact macro percentages. So long as you get at least 1.6g of protein and 1g of fat per kg of lean body mass, you can make up the remaining calories using any combination of foods - makes planning easier.

By the way, under forum rules we can't discuss the use of anabolics - even prescription use.
    Gotcha, that would make things easier for macros, thank you!