kevintran502 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Still get sore after every workout

I've been seriously working out for about 2 years now, but I still get sore after every workout. I know this isn't normal. Can anyone offer any possible explanations as to why this is?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    In specific muscles?

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some soreness is normal but it shouldn't be the same as when you first started. Whats your routine look like and whats your diet look like (macros+calories)?
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Whatever muscles I work out are sore the next day.

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kevintran502 View Post
    Whatever muscles I work out are sore the next day.
    You didn't answer any of the questions asked about your program.

IDK what a bro split is but I've done different types of workouts over time. I used to lift heavy. Benching and dumbbell exercises, squats and deadlifts. I'm not doing calisthenics/plyo type exercise and cable machine stuff. Regardless of what it is I'm sore the best day.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    IDK what a bro split is but I've done different types of workouts over time. I used to lift heavy. Benching and dumbbell exercises, squats and deadlifts. I'm not doing calisthenics/plyo type exercise and cable machine stuff. Regardless of what it is I'm sore the best day.
    Still did not answer the question asked...

What workout do you follow? If not a well known routine, what do you do on what days (specific lifts on specific days) and how many sets/reps of each?

If you are only hitting a muscle once a week, I have no trouble understanding you always being sore.

What is your age, height, weight? Macros/nutrition?

I didn't see your post and still do not see your original post.

Right now I'm doing:

3 sets of 10 chin ups or pull ups
    3 sets 10 cable pulls for posterior delts on each side
    3 sets of 8 dumbbell curls

3 sets of 15-20 push ups (I do as many plyo ones as a can then finish with regular ones)
    3 sets of 10 dips
    3 sets of 8 kettlebell presses

3 sets of 20 jump squats
    6 sets of 15-20 kettlebell swings
    3 sets of jump squats where I turn 180 degrees and alternate directions

I'm on keto macros right now so like 5-10 percent carbs, 70-85 FATS, 20-30 Protein.

5"4 129-134 lbs 23 years old

Side note: My lower back doesn't get that sore. I also do abs on the days I do the chest and arm exercises. Also I don't get super sore just sore enough to where I give myself at least 2 days before working out those same muscles.
    Last edited by kevintran502; 01-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Also I'm new to this forum I'm trying to reply to specific posts but it seems to just reply to the thread every time, sorry for the confusion

coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) coeur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same though, mostly legs (hamstrings especially...). Upper body a little bit but not as aggravating as post-leg day DOMS. Not sure why. Then again I only do mobility stretches befoare my workout and totally neglect stretching otherwise, so.

Dhammer623 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Being sore is part of the process. Lighten up your workouts if you are getting too sore to handle..eat well and rest enough...

IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Are you hydrated before and after? Do you stretch your muscles out? Do you foam roll? Do you have enough salt in your diet?
    https://www.instagram.com/ironcraft_physiques/

AThreeFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been seriously working out for about 2 years now, but I still get sore after every workout. I know this isn't normal. Can anyone offer any possible explanations as to why this is?
    Take BCAA's. "ON Amino Acids". Drink during workout. No sore muscles, or I should say LESS sore muscles. Soreness is good. Means your actually working out...

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been training for 5 years and still get sore. Not to the point of incapacitation, but i feel it

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AThreeFitness View Post
    Take BCAA's. "ON Amino Acids". Drink during workout. No sore muscles, or I should say LESS sore muscles. Soreness is good. Means your actually working out...
    BCAAs don't do a damn thing.
    https://mauiathletics.com/free-form-...e-of-research/

Being sore is normal, but it should get better if you train with enough frequency. OP your biggest issue is your training program. Are you able to get to a gym with proper equipment (I'm guessing you're training at home with what you have based on the exercise choices). If you follow a proper routine the soreness will get easier over time.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you regularly changing your workouts? If your not consistently sticking to a program and basically suffering from a case of ****arounditis this is why you are sore all the time. Soreness fades when you adapt to certain movement patterns by constantly changing you never adapt and so remain sore all the time.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How often do you workout? Are you frequently changing your workouts or the amount of reps/sets you do? How does your diet and sleep schedule look? All of these could factor in to why you feel sore so often. Once your body gets used to the same exercises the soreness should subside.
    Just pick that sh!t up!

AThreeFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    BCAAs don't do a damn thing.

Being sore is normal, but it should get better if you train with enough frequency. OP your biggest issue is your training program. Are you able to get to a gym with proper equipment (I'm guessing you're training at home with what you have based on the exercise choices). If you follow a proper routine the soreness will get easier over time.
    Maybe its a mental thing. Regardless, I refuse to train without them. Maybe they dont affect your body as they do others. When I dont take my aminos I can barely move. Theres thousands of articles saying things do work, and thousands saying they dont. All about finding what works for your body.

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post

I have access to weights and equipment I'm just doing mostly calisthenics atm. One used weights in the past and still got sore after every workout. I would do the typical 3 sets of 8-10 reps but I would only do each muscle group once a week as I would stay sore for a long time. What would you suggest?

Originally Posted by cdjeffery View Post
    How often do you workout? Are you frequently changing your workouts or the amount of reps/sets you do? How does your diet and sleep schedule look? All of these could factor in to why you feel sore so often. Once your body gets used to the same exercises the soreness should subside.
    I'm workout it about 5-6 times a week. I used to lift heavy but just once a week for each muscle group. Now I got each muscle group twice a week but do calisthenics style workouts. My sleep isn't the best, but I've yet to find any thing that works for me when it comes to that. I posted all of my workouts with the sets and reps in a previous post.