npl1903 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do I need cardio?

I’m relatively new to working out. I do enjoy it but one thing I can’t stand is cardio.
    I don't want to lose much weight but rather tone my body, harden my belly fat and completely eliminate my “love handles”.

I’m doing medium weight, super sets with high reps. I don’t go too heavy. I move through this fairly fast but don’t always sweat too much.

Is cardio needed for situations like this?
    Like I mentioned. I’m new to this so any advice would be extremely helpful.
    Would probably mention. I’m 34, male.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. Be on an established workout program to achieve optimal results.
    2. Cardio is highly recommended (helps with DOMS, health, etc..)
    3. Eat enough to compensate for the cardio (if you choose to do it).
    4. Put in daily efforts to achieve your passion.

Awesome. Thank you.
    Newbie question. What is DOMS.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Just wanted to let you know not to determine one's fitness level solely by how much they sweat. Some people just naturally perspire more (genetics, medications, etc.), but only individual intensity levels can determine fitness, and ultimately fat loss.

I understand not "loving" cardio. Have you tried playing basketball, jumping rope, running bleachers or track, HITT intervals on any piece of cardio equipment. I noted you don't have much weight to lose....Why not spend minimal time on cardio (to get cardiovascular fitness that will help with lifting ability), and cut some "toxic" food from your diet (soda, refined carbs, high sodium, hydrogenated oils, etc..if guilty?)?

Just In case: DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness from less frequent muscle use.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

How much cardio is recommended?
    I picked up some kettlebells last summer. Maybe that could be my cardio?
    I’ll have to get some assistance on how to properly use them. I know basic movements like swing, clean and the rack position. Maybe kbs are more strength training than cardio?

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by npl1903 View Post

I’ll have to get some assistance on how to properly use them. I know basic movements like swing, clean and the rack position. Maybe kbs are more strength training than cardio?
    I would do one or two HIIT cardio sessions per week, anywhere from 15-30 minutes. If you did "cross-fit" style cardio, I would say definitely incorporate kettlebell swings into a WOD, BUT I'm not thinking this is your idea of cardiovascular training for the moment? Kettlebells are used for increasing power (and strength) in a variety of ways (including time saving circuit training). You can ask a qualified trainer at your gym to demonstrate the proper techniques of cleans and presses. Good luck!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Oh yeah? Do ten explosive swings with a challenging weight, every minute on the minute for ten minutes.
    You don't need to pay someone to teach you how to swing, just pay attention.

INSTRUCTIONS: 3 out of many hundreds.

https://youtu.be/YSxHifyI6s8

https://www.onnit.com/academy/1-exer...s-99-problems/

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ell-swing.html

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Awesome. Thank you.
    Newbie question. What is DOMS.
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It is the sore tender feeling in muscles that have been worked hard, often when you first start training, or come back after a lay off period. It usually peaks around 24-48 hours after the trigger and then gradually subsides. AFAIK it is ok to train if you have DOMS as long as the pain is not unbearable and you can still maintain good form despite the distraction of the soreness.

GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500) GunplayRohaan is not very helpful. (-500)
    ditch steady state cardio (treadmills and any cardio equipment you find in the gym) and go sprint up on the hills.. HIIT is the way to go

LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I’m relatively new to working out. I do enjoy it but one thing I can’t stand is cardio.
    I don't want to lose much weight but rather tone my body, harden my belly fat and completely eliminate my “love handles”.

I’m doing medium weight, super sets with high reps. I don’t go too heavy. I move through this fairly fast but don’t always sweat too much.

You got a lot of good advice in the replies imo.
    I'll second that for fat loss HIIT (high intensity interval training, just do a little search on these forums or the interwebz in general for basics) is more effective than steady-state cardio (treadmill, stationary bike, etc).

However, steady-state cardio is great for health & can assist recovery a bit because of the circulatory benefits.

But every trainee over 30 years of age (roughly) should do their cardio either before resistance training or in a separate session altogether, not immediately following resistance/weight training. The reason: low-intensity/steady-state cardio blunts the hormonal anabolic response from resistance training when done immediately following.

IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

You don't NEED cardio, but it does have a lot of benefits.
    Building muscle is much better if you were to give priority for one over the other.

A mixture of heavy compound movements are great to start your workouts or a start in general.

Concentrate on your form and going through full range of motion through the exercises.

I wouldn't neglect cardio, do some research about the benefits and you'll want to add some type of it in.
    https://www.instagram.com/ironcraft_physiques/