Detex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Complete Plateu of % Fat loss

First post here but completely stuck for ideas.
    Bit of background I started my weight loss/muscle building journey in Jan 2018 following a strict and quite severe caloric deficit consuming 1900kcals a day. I have tracked every gram of food up to this point now and have recently increased my calories to 2200kcals all with a ratio of 10g of protein per 100kcals
    Starting stats - 16 stone 2.2lbs
    (29% Fat)
    Current Point - 12 Stone 10.1lbs
    (15.7% Fat)
    I’ve reached a point that I haven’t lost any weight and barely a 1% Fat since October 2018
    Since the 18/12/18 I have completely plateaued to the point that the measurements on my smart scale are identical as of today 11/01/19

I workout 4 times a week performing a 4 day split targeting ever muscle group. I have seen the expected ‘noob’ gains but am left with some stubborn subcutaneous fat that could be loose skin this hasn’t changed in a mirror since October

Sorry for the long post but it is causing great distress to have come so far and to stumble at this point.
    I have been patient for the last 8 weeks so not after an overnight fix

Cheers

Cal

hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To start off with most bf% measuring method are completely unreliable, they can vary just on your weight level or even just change for the hell of it they aren't great bf scales. Post a pic to your bodyspace for a more detailed answer.

Secondly the only option if you are not losing weight is to drop more calories or to move more there is simple nothing else to it.

2200kcals is not that low when you consider the potential for inaccuracies (not just your counting but your counting system and even labels). Drop more calories and then see what happens, I know when I got near the end of my cut I was down to '1600 calories' (however I was probably eating more, it is just a number to aim for and if weight is coming off it doesn't matter).

I’ll have a go at dropping kcals back down to previous levels. I know they’re very off with their measurements but it seems to be consistently inaccurate if you get my meaning. At the point were it’s very difficult to gauge progress out of the gym other than a smart scale.

Cheers for the help

I’ll try and work out how to post some pics soon
    Last edited by Detex; 01-11-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Info

hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000) hardyboysare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Detex View Post
    I’ll have a go at dropping kcals back down to previous levels. I know they’re very off with their measurements but it seems to be consistently inaccurate if you get my meaning. At the point were it’s very difficult to gauge progress out of the gym other than a smart scale.

Cheers for the help

I’ll try and work out how to post some pics soon
    Good idea to drop back down, just fill your calories up with more low filling foods such as broccol i (actually most veg). If you start struggling around workout times try and consume carbs before your workout in order to give you a bit of a energy lift.

Yeah I understand even if the bf% are out if its going down it would suggest weight loss. Go by weight and your waist measurements if you are still losing inches then you will be losing fat. I know you stated weight hasn't moved either so it is probably you are eating at maintenance and need a drop in calories to start the scales moving again.

Good idea to upload a pic as sometimes you may see yourself in a different view and it may be more useful to gain muscle before cutting anymore. However only a pic will show this.

No worries thanks for the help just find it hard to believe 2100 kcals is in my basal metabolic range considering the brutal workouts 😂, carbs are definitely low for me usually only in the form of dr zachs protein bread haha, the new instant pot should be the saviour of nice food again with veggies, would recommend thoroughly! Cooking chicken breast from frozen in 10 mins!