NEMESISPRIME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NEMESISPRIME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Hi all, give me a rating, I feel my obliques are TOO fat and I have wide hips?

Hi all,

I posted a year ago about trying to get a Bruce Lee body and I believe that I have almost got to that point. My problem now is I always feel that I am somehow not dieting correctly and one of the main areas that I think are affected by it are my obliques. I always feel that if I eat carbohydrates or anything that has sugar--even if it's "healthy" like fruits-- that my obliques automatically get bigger(which is probably true) and I train them even more. Can anyone give me any pointers? Am I fat, am I fine? Do I have a good body? I'd like a rating and maybe some sort of mental affirmation that I am fine in that area, or if there is a problem, what are the steps I need to take? Do I go on a ketogenic diet? Do I stop training obliques?

My stats are
    5'7
    140 pounds
    I believe 9-10% bodyfat.

Thank you in advance
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NEMESISPRIME; 01-11-2019 at 07:04 AM. Reason: P.S I am not 47, age must of ****ed up

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you want bigger biceps, what do you do? Train them.

If you want a bigger chest, what do you do? Train it.

If you want bigger legs, what do you do? Train them.

If you want smaller obliques... hmm. (I wouldn't ignore them, but I WOULDN'T train them more, they are a muscle. They will GROW when trained.)

That being said, in my opinion, you are stressing over something NO ONE ELSE would pay ANY attention to. You appear to be in good shape. Enjoy!

NEMESISPRIME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NEMESISPRIME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    If you want bigger biceps, what do you do? Train them.

If you want a bigger chest, what do you do? Train it.

If you want bigger legs, what do you do? Train them.

If you want smaller obliques... hmm. (I wouldn't ignore them, but I WOULDN'T train them more, they are a muscle. They will GROW when trained.)

That being said, in my opinion, you are stressing over something NO ONE ELSE would pay ANY attention to. You appear to be in good shape. Enjoy!
    Thanks for being a bro, this is good, and I appreciate it. I'm not saying I don't want to improve, just doing the yearly check in. Thanks man.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    not to be a jerk but who the heck cares what we think. This is a mental hurdle that you personally need to get over. If you aren't happy with how you look, work at it. As for changing diet, that won't help. Post your macros and routine for better advice.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    not to be a jerk but who the heck cares what we think. This is a mental hurdle that you personally need to get over. If you aren't happy with how you look, work at it. As for changing diet, that won't help. Post your macros and routine for better advice.
    You're right 100%, I just wanted to do a check in, see if I'm on the right track

My routine is simple. I do a calisthenics based workout(pushups, squats, situps, pull ups, handstands) and A LOT of stretching, a lot of meditation. I usually eat 65% protein, and the rest fat with very little carbs.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NEMESISPRIME View Post
    You're right 100%, I just wanted to do a check in, see if I'm on the right track

My routine is simple. I do a calisthenics based workout(pushups, squats, situps, pull ups, handstands) and A LOT of stretching, a lot of meditation. I usually eat 65% protein, and the rest fat with very little carbs.
    Are you trying to do Keto? Have you read the stickies about other, more flexible options in the stickies in the nutrition section? It wouldn't hurt to look into a good progressive overload program if you are wanting to increase muscle mass
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000) DerFeindInMir is a complete loser! (-2000)
    This has nothing to do with your obliques lmao, it's simply the bone structure of your hips. Can't change much about that, but training your obliques won't make much of a difference, that's bs.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks normal enough to me
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smsniper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you looking good you just need to lower your body fat percentage