aroland17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Morning Training Routine

I'm curious for those who train in the morning, what is your routine before you hit the weights? Are you able to consume much food or do most of you use intermittent fasting? How much time is there between when you wake up and the time you start training?

Personally, I struggle to eat much before an early morning workout and am looking for any tips or advice to consume more food/water before the gym so I can have more energy when I'm there.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aroland17 View Post
    I'm curious for those who train in the morning, what is your routine before you hit the weights? Are you able to consume much food or do most of you use intermittent fasting? How much time is there between when you wake up and the time you start training?

Personally, I struggle to eat much before an early morning workout and am looking for any tips or advice to consume more food/water before the gym so I can have more energy when I'm there.
    The days I do train in the morning, I do so fasted. Just roll out of bed, slam a pre-workout on the way to the gym and then eat breakfast after.
    Choosing to eat before is highly individual and about finding what works for you. Some people do something simple like a banana or protein shake before, people like me feel like crap if they try to eat much of anything right before. Do you drink coffee or pre-workout at all?
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

aroland17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    The days I do train in the morning, I do so fasted. Just roll out of bed, slam a pre-workout on the way to the gym and then eat breakfast after.
    Choosing to eat before is highly individual and about finding what works for you. Some people do something simple like a banana or protein shake before, people like me feel like crap if they try to eat much of anything right before. Do you drink coffee or pre-workout at all?
    Thanks for the response! I take my pre-workout without a problem. Oatmeal I can never get down, I've tried banana with peanut butter, this morning I had Kay's protein cereal and almond milk with cinnamon. Maybe next time, I'll just have the pre-workout and see if there is even a difference at all in how I feel.

Might as well experiment and figure out what would work best for me!

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aroland17 View Post
    Thanks for the response! I take my pre-workout without a problem. Oatmeal I can never get down, I've tried banana with peanut butter, this morning I had Kay's protein cereal and almond milk with cinnamon. Maybe next time, I'll just have the pre-workout and see if there is even a difference at all in how I feel.

Might as well experiment and figure out what would work best for me!
    Little trial and error is all you need. Just about finding what lets you to perform your best.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover