ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ColsonG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Beginner Trying to Gain Mass

Ok so I am somewhere between a beginner and novice at weightlifting. I’m 18 5’11” and 156, so I’m a pretty little guy. Well I’m trying to gain muscle mass as fast as possible... preferably at least 2lbs a month. I’m following a strict meal plan that is 220 g protein 200g carbs and 40g fat. I’m not really sure which workout program I should be following though. I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 for a week but Im just not sure if Im going to see results with this program. I did lift in high school so I started with a 200 lb squat and a 240 lb deadlift. Am I going to see results with the 5x5 program or do you have a recommendation that will work better for me? I also want to mention that I’m a freshman Biochem major (nerd) so I like the fact that I can rep out the workouts quickly at 5am so I can focus on school work. I don’t know how well a 5x a week workout will work for me. Thank you in advance

Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ColsonG View Post
    Ok so I am somewhere between a beginner and novice at weightlifting. I’m 18 5’11” and 156, so I’m a pretty little guy. Well I’m trying to gain muscle mass as fast as possible... preferably at least 2lbs a month. I’m following a strict meal plan that is 220 g protein 200g carbs and 40g fat. I’m not really sure which workout program I should be following though. I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 for a week but Im just not sure if Im going to see results with this program. I did lift in high school so I started with a 200 lb squat and a 240 lb deadlift. Am I going to see results with the 5x5 program or do you have a recommendation that will work better for me? I also want to mention that I’m a freshman Biochem major (nerd) so I like the fact that I can rep out the workouts quickly at 5am so I can focus on school work. I don’t know how well a 5x a week workout will work for me. Thank you in advance
    Strong lifts or any other novice program will work ( they're all 3 days so fits your schedule better). The weight gain will come from your diet. Aim for a 2-300 calorie surplus to slowly bulk up and limit fat gain. You're consuming more protein then you need and would be better off bumping up the fats (63g minimum at your weight).
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535