Thread: Reverse dieting

ethang12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Reverse dieting

Okay I decided to end my cut on January 1st and begin reverse dieting. I was cutting at 2750 calories, losing around 0.75 lbs a week, and decided to bump it to 3000 and then see how my body responded. My weight has been going up since. I was 127.2 pounds on January first and now it’s 130. I don’t think in less than two weeks I could have gained 3 pounds of muscle or fat given I only increased by 250 and that I’m eating my maintinence at most (probably slightly lower). My main question is if this is just glycogen and more food in my GI tract or if I’m really eating in a surplus now. I’m trying to switch over to a lean bulk for about a year btw.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes

Plus water and maybe inflammation from training.

Alright thanks for the quick response.
    Should I wait until my weight settles before increasing calories again so I can accurately figure out my maintinence/lean bulking calories

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes in fact you can leave it there as long as you make progress with lifting. Use calorie increases to keep progress moving only when you have to. Of course you have bear in mind that you'll need to target a lot more than 130lbs long term (I'm assuming an average height male wanting decent lean physique).

Okay thanks. I’m not average height I’m a shorty, only five foot 3, relatively low body fat. I want to do a year lean bulk to start and track how things go. I’ve been lifting since I was around 13/14 and I’m hoping to try and put on between 15 and 20 pounds this year depending on how much I grow

My endocrinologist thinks I’ll be around 5 foot 9. If I was that height I’d want to shoot for somewhere between 160 and 170 to start

You probably should not have been restricting your calorie intake if you haven't reached adult height yet but what's done is done. No more cutting until you do is my advice.

Yeah that’s exactly what I am planning on doing. Lean bulk for an extended period of time and if I’m not growing I’ll just try and get to my natural limit then maintain until I can see what’s up with my growth plates

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are tracking correctly, I wouldn't be too worried about the increase in weight unless it occurs for consecutive weeks. On a cut, I've seen increases of 2-3lbs while keeping cals the same and then I'm down up to 4-5 lbs the following week which kinda makes up for it, right. Pay attention to the way your pants fit when this occurs, that will let you know if you on the right track. Also look to weigh yourself first thing in the morning without having consumed anything and preferably after the bathroom.

Yeah I workout fasted in the morning and I typically weigh in after I workout, I track my macros very well as well, probably just an increase in glycogen and more volume in my gi tract, only increased by 250 so I should still be in a very minor deficit/around maintinence. I’m going to keep my intake the same until my weight stabilizes and then just increase from there