Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Theory vs real life.. Bmr vs total calories..

Hi guys,
    I have have been reading about
    BMR which is the amount of calories needed by your body while doing no activities.
    And then the total calories needed in a day to either maintain, gain or lose calories...

For example in my case, my bmr is 1800 and my total c. Is 2800. So in theory I should be having A 500 minus over my 2800 to lose fat or weight...

Is this just a theory or is this correct? Because I tried eating 2300 cal. For a week and saw no change in my body.. Whereas when I eat 1800, I do lose fats every week.. But then is it healthy? Because if you minus my activities and workout, I might just be consuming around 1300...

Registered User DrSaysImHealthy's Avatar
    DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    You look VERY fit. Whats your current diet looking like? I am 224.5 right in the morning. 229.5 before bed. Apparently my fitbit says i burn 3400 calories a day i am eating less than but close to 2000 so either 1600-1800 yet my weight slightly dropped because mornings i use to weigh around 228. Theoretically i shouldve dropped a lb every 2 days from the 2000 caloric deficit but i never did... Im also training real friggin intense wto failure and drop sets on each exercise multiple times each to failure consuming 200 grams protein a day I have a noticeably smaller stomach "abdominals" visible under fat. Whats your diet lookin like?

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The 2300 is a starting point based on estimates. Eat that for a month and then adjust based in actual results

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not even a theory it's just a guess based on broad population statistics. Any 'theory' that didn't take the large amount of natural variation between different people would be a very poor theory.

The activity part is the most imprecise part - you have to make a subjective decision about your "activity level" and then multiply the BMR by some factor. The scope for error here is tremendous.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrSaysImHealthy View Post
    You look VERY fit. Whats your current diet looking like? I am 224.5 right in the morning. 229.5 before bed. Apparently my fitbit says i burn 3400 calories a day i am eating less than but close to 2000 so either 1600-1800 yet my weight slightly dropped because mornings i use to weigh around 228. Theoretically i shouldve dropped a lb every 2 days from the 2000 caloric deficit but i never did... Im also training real friggin intense wto failure and drop sets on each exercise multiple times each to failure consuming 200 grams protein a day I have a noticeably smaller stomach "abdominals" visible under fat. Whats your diet lookin like?
    You're placing too much faith in numbers through a machine and inaccurate calorie counting equations that are not accurate

Your body doesn't know numbers, only if it's being given energy to either lose mass, maintain mass or gain mass. The rate of any of those will be determined by the net calorie consumption over time.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Szekan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DrSaysImHealthy View Post
    Hi,
    You weight a lot more than me.. I am 163lbs and I am 5.9. I would break my diet into 2 parts.
    The first 1.5 month I lost a lot of weight plus body fat. I was consuming just 1200 calories a day net. It was 100g protein and then rest divided into carbs and fats.

Then the last 1.5 month I increased my intake to 1800net which includes 160g minimum protein a day and 30% carbs and fats.. Altho my weight has stopped reducing, I am still losing fats and also gaining muscle.

I think if you have just started, go for the lowest number, its much easier to survive earlier on in your diet stage for example earlier 1200 cals was more than enough but then as time past by, I started to feel really hungry and couldn't do it anymore.

My diet is

66g oat meal
    200g chicken breast with mixed vegetables
    3 scoops of rule 1 whey protein
    1 packet almonds
    1 small bottle fruit protein shake
    1 yakult.

The days when I crave rice, I replace the oats carb with it.

I would suggest you look into your body fat rather than weight itself... I weigh 163lbs but my body fat went from 15% to 14%. With the same weight... Which I think is a good sign

Registered User DrSaysImHealthy's Avatar
    DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Szekan View Post
    Hi,
    You weight a lot more than me.. I am 163lbs and I am 5.9.

My diet is

66g oat meal
    3 scoops of rule 1 whey protein
    1 packet almonds
    1 small bottle fruit protein shake
    1 yakult.

The days when I crave rice, I replace the oats carb with it.

I would suggest you look into your body fat rather than weight itself... I weigh 163lbs but my body fat went from 15% to 14%. With the same weight... Which I think is a good sign
    Yeah I do and i wish I was 60lbs lighter! Your physique looks like how mine looks except 60lba of fat distributed. I dont look like a complete obese but i certainly am fat. I started out at 245lbs consuming 600-800 calories and did at LEAST 1 hour 30 minutes of cardio for at LeAST 5 days a week first or 2nd week I managed to attend the gym for 7 days I had "So much faith in" numbers and dropped to 221 after a month. I ended up drinkin more whiskey than anticipated and stopped with the gym because of my rotating shifts in combination with my lazy habit of not wanting to drive to the gym hours before work.

I have faith in caloric counting and rough machine estimates, but what I DONT have much faith in is this bio scale that i stand on with only underwear and have to also grip a bar. This was BEFORE i weighed AT 245) it saidi was around 236 with 38.8%body fat with only 18lb muscle)
    I am SO excited to go tomorrow to check that scale!!! I am TELLIN you MAN! I have Never trained so hard in my life and have never eaten so much gosh darn protein!

MY DIET: 2 scoops wheybolic ripped right when I wake up for work (10pm) which for 2 scoops it gives a total of:220 calories 40 grams protein 1500 mg caffiene annhdrous. CLA. other "fat burners"

12am I eat my "lunch that also becomes my dinner later this is first real meal of day" .5-.7lbs of any meat is what I eat but a 1lb or a tad over is what I bring. Any veggies. Any carbs (I somewhat always have had a low limit in my carb consumption but I am increasing it because just 2 days ago (thursday) I ate spaghetti with .5-.7lb ground beef and my leg day performance to achieve muscle failure and post onset soreness was phenomonal...

Dinner 5am-5:30am: I eat the rest of my lunch that i purposely didnt finish for the goal of having some "fuel" for the gym.

7am=Time to clock out of work! I drive straight to the gym and arrive by 7:15am. Shower up, stretch, do foam roller exercises my physical therapist recommended after a car accident left me disabled for 7 months. My workouts last around 1 hour 15 min to 1 hour 30. But yesterday when I did shoulders and traps my workout lasted 1 hr 50 min (thats excluding the stretching and cardio warm up time)BUT I was also doing a new thing of going with youtube exercises in conjunction with my habit of going to failure on every drop set increment. My traps and shoulders are DONZIE!

Went home had two scoops of Wheybolic Alpha which is I am assuming same specs as ripped.

After the shake i made 1 jumbo egg and put it on 2 slices of Daves killer bread which is 100 calories per slice but hella omega And multigrains.
    Before bed:2 scoops MuscleTech casien protein. So thats total of 200 calories and 48 grams protein.

Also at least a gallon of water a day is what I consume.
    I was at 1807 calories today before i went to bed at 1:20pm and got up at 5:30pm to take out my girlfriend to a buffet SHE wanted to go. within the buffet i had mainly seafood based stuff like salmon filet. White fish filet. 2 snails (never had it before in my life) 1 scallop. 2 oysters. 2 muscles. Than I had one piece of mostly each type of them glazed chickens and shrimps. 2 sesame balls (gf asked me to take hers and told me they're filled with a type of red beans that are naturally sweet) I kid you not I had less than 2 tablespoons of fried rice ha
    Than for my last "desert" plate I had 2 cuts of each fruit (cantelope, melon, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi.) i have NO idea how many calories I had from all that!! Ha but my mindset was-well thats why Cardio days tomorrow.

Edit:I also take gnc sport vitamins. Triflex joint supplement along with a gnc join supplement. I have creatine ordered in the mail and id like to add a BCAA drink for intraworkouts.

Juat a heads up, theirs a moderator named iceman here editing out MY well thought out posts and replacing them with "......." fairly soon I will report his abuse of power and harrassment if this contiues
    Last edited by DrSaysImHealthy; 01-12-2019 at 11:22 AM.