NickNak7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supplements: What and When

Hey everyone, My name is Nick and I want to start to take my exercise to the next level however I have become very confused and lost in the vast world of supplements to help with bodybuilding. My main question is when to take which supplements. For example, I've been taking whey protein after I work out and that's about it. I've read and experienced this to yield results however how does that compare to a post work out drink instead? Or do you take both whey and a post work drink after working out. Things like pre work outs and creatine I've lightly read can have similar effects, so which one do I take and when, or again is it both? I am very new to this and could really use some tips so I'm actually diving into the deep end and not just belly flopping. If you could share some of your thoughts or even your personal supplementation strategy I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

Registered User backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Protein powder is basically all you need because you need a lot of protein to grow muscles and it's hard to get them all in from eating natural food.
    But if you want more supplements, pre-workout can be recommended on days when you feel tired or less focussed. It's mostly caffeine so it gives you an energy boost. But your body gets used to it fast so don't use it every day.

Creatine is used if you want to get stronger and helps grow muscles. The downside is that it makes you hold water weight. But that's temporary because you'll lose the water weight once you stop using it. It's also very cheap around $10 for a jar.

Personally, i think that's all you should buy. With the pre-workout and creatine being purely optional.
    There are a lot of products like post work out muscle recovery and bcaas etc, but i think you'll see the most effects from the ones i mentioned above.
    With protein powder being the only must imo.

Most important is a healthy diet that hits your macros. A good gym routine. Doing the exercises properly with no cheating and staying consistent.
    Good luck bro.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will most likely only notice water retention from creatine if you take more than 5 grams a day. Protein powder is useful and nice to have but in addition to creatine, fish oil and caffeine are more useful in terms of supplements.
    I got aborted at 2 years old, parents kicked me out at 5, expelled in middle school, died in 9/11, got pregnant at 16, sold my baby for a happy meal, car accident at 23 but here I am today

BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBFun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein, creatine, eat smartly and sleep enough time. You can always add multivitamins complex and fish oil that will be a +

That’s all.
    Always ready to share my knowledge :)