Graveys is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Opinions on my workout?

So, I'm starting my transformation journey. Heard this was a good place to find advice, support, etc.

I put this little at home workout together based on what a YouTube channel told me was important, and what might be doable for a blob like myself starting out.

Push Ups: 5 sets; 25 reps
    Squats: 4 sets; 25 reps
    Plank holds: 5 sets: 30sec
    Leg Raises: 4 sets: 10 reps

Anything I should add?

I've tried a gym before and it didn't work out for me. Bad people experience. Can't afford weights yet because I have to make car repairs.

I can give the new Planet Fitness a shot a little down the road of time, but I figured if I can start something at home right now, why not?

Boutta get ripped tbh.

EDIT: This is going to be paired with proper macros/micros once I figure all of that out. Not entirely sure how I measure that despite reading the sticky, lmayo.
    Last edited by Graveys; 01-10-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    “It’s better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way.”
    -Alan Watts

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First, it's certainly better than what you've been doing, and you have to start somewhere. A lot of people will tell you this is a poor program. It's not optimal at all, but if it's all you can manage it beats being sedentary all the time.

Second, a lot of people here will also put down Planet Fitness. Don't let that stop you. If you can't afford home equipment, then you should go someplace that has equipment. PF isn't ideal, but again, it's better than where you're at now. The most important thing to do is to get started, and keep doing it.

Try it your way for a couple of months. Then come back here for a more specific program and better advice.

I'm guessing based on the "blob" allusion, that you're overweight. If you're asking for an addition to the above, also start walking. I can't speak to your bad people experience, but every gym will have a different crowd, and even the same gym is likely to have a different crowd every few months. Especially if it's Planet Fitness. Give it another chance.

Buy a food scale, read the stickies again, and use it. The main thing you need to do is stay away from processed, pre-prepared food. Buy fresh and basic ingredients, and learn to prepare simple meals.

Even if you screw this up, you'll still be better off than where you were. So take some risks, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. That's what transformation is all about.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

Graveys is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    First, it's certainly better than what you've been doing, and you have to start somewhere. A lot of people will tell you this is a poor program. It's not optimal at all, but if it's all you can manage it beats being sedentary all the time.

Second, a lot of people here will also put down Planet Fitness. Don't let that stop you. If you can't afford home equipment, then you should go someplace that has equipment. PF isn't ideal, but again, it's better than where you're at now. The most important thing to do is to get started, and keep doing it.

Try it your way for a couple of months. Then come back here for a more specific program and better advice.

I'm guessing based on the "blob" allusion, that you're overweight. If you're asking for an addition to the above, also start walking. I can't speak to your bad people experience, but every gym will have a different crowd, and even the same gym is likely to have a different crowd every few months. Especially if it's Planet Fitness. Give it another chance.
    I'll give the gym another go. Finding options closer to PF's price range might be hard here though. The YMCA has a weight room if I'm not mistaken. Basketball court too, which I enjoy. My job gives me a good bit of walking so that'll be covered too.

Thanks for the supportive words. Honestly that's one of the biggest things I need to keep me going.
    “It’s better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way.”
    -Alan Watts

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Graveys View Post
    I'll give the gym another go. Finding options closer to PF's price range might be hard here though. The YMCA has a weight room if I'm not mistaken. Basketball court too, which I enjoy. My job gives me a good bit of walking so that'll be covered too.

Thanks for the supportive words. Honestly that's one of the biggest things I need to keep me going.
    A lot of people have had fantastic results at their local YMCA. It depends on the individual facility, I suppose. But really, to paraphrase Yogi Berra: Body transformation is 90% mental. The other half is physical.

You just have to find a way, and not let other people stop you. It's your body, not theirs.
    I'm out, standing in my field.