DrewQ02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie- Critique my nutrition plan...looking to drop fat/lean out

Hello to all...
    Been a member of the site for a few years but never really engaged or logged on regularly. I've always been a gym rat and enjoy gym therapy but have never been great with nutrition. I have slimmed down plenty of times before by cardio such as cycling and running and of course by cutting back caloric intake. But, for the new year I would like to actually do it right this time and lose fat but still maintain muscle and get lean and not just lose both.
    I'm currently 212lbs and 6ft...I know everyone's body composition is different so not everything will work from one person to the next. I am in my 2nd week of this 12 week plan I am trying that I created from looking at other nutrition programs I have seen. I am hoping with trial and error, with less errors I hope I can find something that works for me.

My workouts are consistent which I lift 5/6x a week, usually 5 exercises a muscle group and I usually alternate weeks with doing high reps 12-15 low weight or 6-10 heavy weight and 30/45 min of cardio usually on the Stairmaster or treadmill.

I have attached my current meals which I log in My fitness pal and from looking my protein intake is way above my weight so I am assuming I would need to cut back my protein but then if I want to maintain muscle then should it be higher or at least my bodyweight minimum? I've seen some boards say you want .5 grams or 1 gram per lb bodyweight or even higher depending on how intense the cardio or weight training is to compensate. Hopefully you all can help me and steer me in the right direction

I appreciate all the input you provide...thank you.
    Attached Images

Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jakeh1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DrewQ02 View Post
    Hello to all...
    Been a member of the site for a few years but never really engaged or logged on regularly. I've always been a gym rat and enjoy gym therapy but have never been great with nutrition. I have slimmed down plenty of times before by cardio such as cycling and running and of course by cutting back caloric intake. But, for the new year I would like to actually do it right this time and lose fat but still maintain muscle and get lean and not just lose both.
    I'm currently 212lbs and 6ft...I know everyone's body composition is different so not everything will work from one person to the next. I am in my 2nd week of this 12 week plan I am trying that I created from looking at other nutrition programs I have seen. I am hoping with trial and error, with less errors I hope I can find something that works for me.

My workouts are consistent which I lift 5/6x a week, usually 5 exercises a muscle group and I usually alternate weeks with doing high reps 12-15 low weight or 6-10 heavy weight and 30/45 min of cardio usually on the Stairmaster or treadmill.

I have attached my current meals which I log in My fitness pal and from looking my protein intake is way above my weight so I am assuming I would need to cut back my protein but then if I want to maintain muscle then should it be higher or at least my bodyweight minimum? I've seen some boards say you want .5 grams or 1 gram per lb bodyweight or even higher depending on how intense the cardio or weight training is to compensate. Hopefully you all can help me and steer me in the right direction

I appreciate all the input you provide...thank you.
    Macros look alright. Would suggest dropping the protein shake and eating whole eggs rather just egg whites.

formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) formicaman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fats too low.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    along with what has been said, I would recommend getting on a proven program and not making your own up
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”