ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What are the Best Body Weight Routines?

After years of trying different routines/ programs such as bro splits, upper lower splits, 5x5, Madcow 5x5, and other common programs I've decided that I'd really like to make a serious push at body weight training.

I saw Kinobody has a course, but I'd love to score something for free if possible but honestly I haven't found much for decent body weight programs. Any advice?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why? To my mind this just seems like: after years of using a hammer to bang in nails, I'm going start using a rock.

Resistance is resistance - but freeweights are more easily adjustable and versatile. I don't see any upside of bodyweight unless you don't have access to equipment.

ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Why? To my mind this just seems like: after years of using a hammer to bang in nails, I'm going start using a rock.

Resistance is resistance - but freeweights are more easily adjustable and versatile. I don't see any upside of bodyweight unless you don't have access to equipment.
    I'm a some what bigger guy (not fat or chunky) that would get decent resistance from my own body weight. Also, I'd love to be able to do 30+ pull ups, muscle ups, handstand push ups, etc. I'm not against traditional styles of training I just think it's way more impressive to do things like one arm pull ups, walk on your hands, muscle ups, pistol squats etc than benching 225 for endless reps or squatting 405 for reps. Not to mention the type of physique body weight training can give you. Gymnasts for example.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't buy that there is a difference in the look achieved. You could easily target the exact same muscles using free weights (and/or weighted pullups).

However, if you want to get good at particular movements for whatever reason, that's your choice, the obvious answer is to do those more.

supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ycpspartan View Post
    After years of trying different routines/ programs such as bro splits, upper lower splits, 5x5, Madcow 5x5, and other common programs I've decided that I'd really like to make a serious push at body weight training.

I saw Kinobody has a course, but I'd love to score something for free if possible but honestly I haven't found much for decent body weight programs. Any advice?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/redefin...engthOC/videos
    It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I don't buy that there is a difference in the look achieved. You could easily target the exact same muscles using free weights (and/or weighted pullups).

However, if you want to get good at particular movements for whatever reason, that's your choice, the obvious answer is to do those more.
    I agree with you in regards to the potential physique it's just that at this point in my life body weight movements are simply a new territory for me to conquer. It's something new and fun for me to try.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    500 air squats followed by 2-3 hours of grappling exercises.

There you go.

Lion's Den circa 1990s.

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm a some what bigger guy (not fat or chunky) that would get decent resistance from my own body weight. Also, I'd love to be able to do 30+ pull ups, muscle ups, handstand push ups, etc. I'm not against traditional styles of training I just think it's way more impressive to do things like one arm pull ups, walk on your hands, muscle ups, pistol squats etc than benching 225 for endless reps or squatting 405 for reps. Not to mention the type of physique body weight training can give you. Gymnasts for example.
    You don't think one arm pushups are that impressive?
    It's like people only do things 'cause they get paid -- and that's just really sad - Garth Algar

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    You don't think one arm pushups are that impressive?
    I do I just didn't include them, my bad.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    500 air squats followed by 2-3 hours of grappling exercises.

There you go.

Lion's Den circa 1990s.
    I'd love to go back to wrestling training. Nothing beats the shape that puts you in...

sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000) sunsean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fairly obvious, but pull-ups and dips are the bread and butter of bodyweight exercises.

Greedo shot first!!! LactoseTolerant's Avatar
    LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000) LactoseTolerant is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just think it's way more impressive to do things like one arm pull ups, walk on your hands, muscle ups, pistol squats etc than benching 225 for endless reps or squatting 405 for reps.
    I also find the performance more entertaining than the practicing.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000) supramax is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.