Registered User FromObeseToJeez's Avatar
    FromObeseToJeez is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hands on knees during leg press

So I had a question, when I use some weight that's heavier than normal during leg press I sometimes use my hands to help my legs a little during push off and then I'll immediately get them back on the handles.
    Does this help me in the way to use heavier weight? Or is it just taking away a big part of the exercise?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Probably not doing much. Most people have a problem with the other end of a set - they stop doing reps too soon. What you do at the start is relatively unimportant.

dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000) dski79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FromObeseToJeez View Post
    So I had a question, when I use some weight that's heavier than normal during leg press I sometimes use my hands to help my legs a little during push off and then I'll immediately get them back on the handles.
    Does this help me in the way to use heavier weight? Or is it just taking away a big part of the exercise?
    do you squat at all? i dont know you nor do i know how advanced you are, nor do i know if your unable to squat, but im just curious

IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IroncraftP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wouldn't really put my hands on my knees, thats more pressure at the knee joint, you could put them on your thighs instead if your need to put your hands on your legs at all.
    https://www.instagram.com/ironcraft_physiques/

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only time i would involved the hands is for a self spot when your close to failure.
    You could i suppose use the hands to keep you safe but as mentioned you might as well drop the weight used and use the hands.
    I also would recommend you explore squatting with a barbell.