JJbeast86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Help the 325 pound 18 Yo destroy these extra pounds

Really, I've tried. I've tried keto, carb-free, high protein diets. I've tried water fasting, I've done basic caloric-deflict. I think maybe the thing that's killing me on not getting to that next level is having something (other than my basic health and future) is motivation to keep going. I just wanna see what people that have gotten to their goals think I should be doing to get there myself. Thanks in advance! (Also I am 18, I can't seem to change my age in my settings. Weird that it never gave me an option.)
    Last edited by JJbeast86; 01-10-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fatloss is a product of a consistent net calorie deficit over time and nothing more.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Body under construction Nobodyfit's Avatar
    Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JJbeast86 View Post
    Really, I've tried. I've tried keto, carb-free, high protein diets. I've tried water fasting, I've done basic caloric-deflict. I think maybe the thing that's killing me on not getting to that next level is having something (other than my basic health and future) is motivation to keep going. I just wanna see what people that have gotten to their goals think I should be doing to get there myself. Thanks in advance! (Also I am 18, I can't seem to change my age in my settings. Weird that it never gave me an option.)
    let me ask you this, how did you count your calories? scale? labels? eyeballing? if you don't answer this honestly we cannot help you.
    Without Proper calorie deficit, there will be no fat loss, plain and simple.

Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100) Cavediver86 is not very well liked. (-100)
    As someone who has done the weight loss yo-yo a few times I can tell you that everything you tried works. It does. You just have to burn more than you eat.

Buy a scale and weigh your food. No reason not to. Know how many calories you are eating. Non of this is an overnight thing. It takes months and years.

You are 18. How long were you on these "diets"?

Originally Posted by Cavediver86 View Post
    As someone who has done the weight loss yo-yo a few times I can tell you that everything you tried works. It does. You just have to burn more than you eat.

Buy a scale and weigh your food. No reason not to. Know how many calories you are eating. Non of this is an overnight thing. It takes months and years.

You are 18. How long were you on these "diets"?
    Longest I was on one was about 6-ish months, and didn't really see the growth in weight loss, but saw a ton of improvement in physical aspects. For example walking up stairs became easier, saw my maxes for different muscle groups go up. I guess it's getting in the right mindset to go and get this done and keep it off for life. It's a personal struggle for sure. And I think I may already own a food scale, I start using it and see where it goes!

Originally Posted by Nobodyfit View Post
    let me ask you this, how did you count your calories? scale? labels? eyeballing? if you don't answer this honestly we cannot help you.
    Honestly I did a combination of Labels and eyeballing, which in hindsight was probably not the greatest idea in the world. So I was basically eyeballing most the time.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Fatloss is a product of a consistent net calorie deficit over time and nothing more.
    Thanks! I'm hoping this is the actual turning point in getting myself healthier for good.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Calorie counting will of course work. But one very effective alternative is just to stick to foods that make you feel full without providing a lot of calories
    - meat
    - eggs
    - fibrous / salad vegetables
    - beans / peas / pulses
    - limited numbers of boiled/baked potatos
    - limited numbers of (preferably hard) fruit

Eat 3 times a day at consistent mealtimes. Eat until you feel a little full - never stuffed. Then never snack between meals, this does nothing but amplify your hunger.

Registered User DrSaysImHealthy's Avatar
    DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I can HONESTLY say I did the "calorie deficit diet" didnt even know thats considered an actual diet... But i was so dam tired of being 245lbs that I started to eat around 600-800 calories a day. Rarely had 900. So obviously that meant I quit drinking beers (as each I had drank before was 200 calories) and i dropped to 221lbs within that month THATS when I noticed i was so much lighter on my feet. So if your 18 year old self is sincerely honest about this calorie deficit diet what was your total caloric intake for the day? Mine is considered extreme but i was truly ashamed of weighing 245lbs when I use to be a gosh darn rootin tootin work horse

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrSaysImHealthy View Post
    I can HONESTLY say I did the "calorie deficit diet" didnt even know thats considered an actual diet... But i was so dam tired of being 245lbs that I started to eat around 600-800 calories a day. Rarely had 900. So obviously that meant I quit drinking beers (as each I had drank before was 200 calories) and i dropped to 221lbs within that month THATS when I noticed i was so much lighter on my feet. So if your 18 year old self is sincerely honest about this calorie deficit diet what was your total caloric intake for the day? Mine is considered extreme but i was truly ashamed of weighing 245lbs when I use to be a gosh darn rootin tootin work horse
    Every diet is a calorie deficit diet whether it's KETO, Paleo or whatever. Every diet works because of a calorie deficit. The diet you choose doesn't matter, what matters is that you stick to it and can stick to it pretty much for life.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10) fevtom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're over complicating matters with the keto, protein, fasts etc. At 325lbs you just need to lose weight and the only way to do that is consistent calorie control. Stick to under 2500 calories a day and you'll lose loads no matter what you eat. You could survive on much less than that but you need to make sure it's sustainable for you.

As for motivation, it's overrated. Motivation is always only temporary and if you're going to reach for the burgers again as soon as you have a period of not feeling motivated it's pointless. You'll only get results when you stick with it even when you really don't want to. I wasted years yo-yo dieting trying to find a way to keep myself in a constant state of motivation and failing.

Body under construction Nobodyfit's Avatar
    Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nobodyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JJbeast86 View Post
    Thanks! I'm hoping this is the actual turning point in getting myself healthier for good.
    Thats step one, identifying what you needed to fix, get MFP app and accurately count your calories, get a 10-15$ food scale and weight your foods, and stick to your calories.
    Without Proper calorie deficit, there will be no fat loss, plain and simple.

Registered User DrSaysImHealthy's Avatar
    DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000) DrSaysImHealthy is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Idk why my step by step answer to his problem was edited out by iceman. Looks like he doesnt want you to succeed kid. And iceman your lucky I didnt save my post as I save the URLS to come back to these.

For the record MFP app stands for My Fitness Pal. I hate when I need an answer and someone just throws an acronym where clearly not everyone not within the loop would understand. Like if someones getting their car fixed and i tell em its easy just get a TPS...
    Last edited by DrSaysImHealthy; 01-12-2019 at 10:51 AM.