Closed Thread
    SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Lose it with nearly no budget (and max laziness)

So I'm a 21 year old with a male body weighing at 280lbs on 6'0". Goal is to get to 200lbs. I've attempted to lose weight several times over the course of 3 years but could never stick to it. The longest I stuck to any plan was in November 2017 counting ONLY calories to under 2000, but only eating ramen with eggs, slim jims, and taco bell. I lost 20 pounds in 3 months doing that, but haven't been able to replicate it.

I am nearly always strict on money so ramen has always been the only thing I can really afford. I'm in a position now where I've been eating $1 menu food, frozen Tina's Big Burritos (1-2 per 3 meals), and ramen, and I just bought chicken broth, canned chicken, and some canned peas+carrots to try and get some sort of decent food in me.

My biggest problem is sticking to any sort of routine, actual meal plan, or workout plan. I've cancelled 3 gym membership since I never went (my anxiety being a huge part in that), and I've tried doing home workouts but never make time. I've recently started playing the VR game Beat Saber to try and get more active, and that's been fun so far so I might be able to keep that up.

I honestly have no idea where to make adjustments. My only goal now is to lose fat. As I understand, building muscle as well would help with that? I'm not sure how I'd go about that as all I can really do is very basic home calisthenics. My diet is poor, but switching to 100% good food immediately is something I can't mentally do. I have started drinking strictly water though.

This is all over the place, I know. I've never really made a forum post before. I saw a video about someone who lost 350 pounds because of the people here, so I decided to try and see if anyone here could help me out.
    Last edited by SooshiRolls; 01-10-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Changed title because apparently that's all people read.

bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The hardest part is starting, find a beginner 3 day per week, full body workout routine and clean up your diet. No soda or fast food. That would be a great start.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

Then read: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

This site is about a lot more than just losing weight, sure you can probably lose some weight by eating crap like Taco Bell and Slim Jims, but is that going to result in a healthy you? Not to mention as you already found out its not sustainable in the long term. The body needs a certain amount of macro and micronutrients to function optimally, so a well balanced diet consisting of mostly whole foods with proper amounts of fats, protein, and carbohydrates is key. Buying in bulk and learning to prepare your own meals is essential, and there are a ton of videos on YouTube that can show you how to prepare healthy and affordable bodybuilding meals.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SooshiRolls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bsrkoacar View Post
    The hardest part is starting, find a beginner 3 day per week, full body workout routine and clean up your diet. No soda or fast food. That would be a great start.
    Cutting out soda and fast food is something I'm definitely going to start. I'm lazy as can be, so I'll eventually understand that buying all of my food to cook at home is a lot easier than driving out to get stuff 2-3 times per day. I've also lost taste for soda almost entirely after drinking water for a week straight. Flavored teas still get me sometimes, but water makes me feel good and my mouth remembers that now. I'll try a 3 day program, but I'm afraid I'll skip out or fall off of it completely. I lack discipline, basically. That's why I can't bother counting macros/micros or doing 5-day plans like everyone on youtube tells me to, lol.

Edit: I'm going to make an effort of course (because apparently I have to prove how upbeat and willing to change I am when I ask for advice)
    Last edited by SooshiRolls; 01-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.

I made a thread in workout programs but that got closed(?) so I guess I'll add this here.

Would this be a decent beginner workout to pair with my diet changes?
    3 days per week:

1) 5x20-25 reps push ups
    2) 4x25 reps air squats
    3) 5x30sec holds
    4) 4x8/12 leg raises

Keep in mind I have no equipment or gym membership and can't obtain either.
    Last edited by SooshiRolls; 01-10-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added info.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unsure why anyone would waste time trying to help someone who openly admits they're lazy and has a half-ass-it attitude.

Just continue your current lifestyle, it's easier.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    Unsure why anyone would waste time trying to help someone who openly admits they're lazy and has a half-ass-it attitude.

Just continue your current lifestyle, it's easier.
    The point is to change that. Thank you for being unhelpful.

Didn't expect to join a fitness forum and get harassed. I guess someone has to reinforce that stereotype.
    Last edited by SooshiRolls; 01-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SooshiRolls View Post
    The point is to change that. Thank you for being unhelpful.

Didn't expect to join a fitness forum and get harassed. I guess someone has to reinforce that stereotype.
    OK, since you claim to be an adult (though I'd bet money you're closer to 15), it's obvious you must be the sensitive type so I'll tread gently as not to trigger you further.

Please show the class how you were harassed........

I'll wait......
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

OK, since you claim to be an adult (though I'd bet money you're closer to 15), it's obvious you must be the sensitive type so I'll tread gently as not to trigger you further.

Please show the class how you were harassed........

I'll wait......
    This post right here. Thanks, dad. It's free to not be rude. Please don't reply to my thread anymore unless you're gonna be on topic and actually helpful.

This post right here. Thanks, dad. It's free to not be rude. Please don't reply to my thread anymore unless you're gonna be on topic and actually helpful.
    So....you claimed I harassed you......in the future?

LMAO!!!

ETA: It's also free not to be lazy.......
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

So....you claimed I harassed you......in the future?

LMAO!!!

ETA: It's also free not to be lazy.......
    Jesus, you're dense.

You seem to be unaware that this post is supposed to be me asking for advice to ditch my lazy habits and improve my life, as is one of the points of this site. I exercised today; obvious progress. I've BEEN lazy and came to ask for tips for diet (got those) and exercise (got those). I then asked if my routine would be an effective one for a beginner. If you're done being a dunce of an internet tough guy, you can go now.

Jesus, you're dense.

You seem to be unaware that this post is supposed to be me asking for advice to ditch my lazy habits and improve my life, as is one of the points of this site. I exercised today; obvious progress. I've BEEN lazy and came to ask for tips for diet (got those) and exercise (got those). I then asked if my routine would be an effective one for a beginner. If you're done being a dunce of an internet tough guy, you can go now.
    OK, want some help? I'll help....

What do you do for a living?

What do you do when not at work?

Let's start with those.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

OK, want some help? I'll help....

What do you do for a living?

What do you do when not at work?

Let's start with those.
    I work as a janitor for a public school. That shift is 4 hours long.

At home I used to watch Netflix with my roommates and play video games. As of yesterday I've started doing the workout posted above and started an online school. Still throw video games in the mix.

I work as a janitor for a public school. That shift is 4 hours long.

At home I used to watch Netflix with my roommates and play video games. As of yesterday I've started doing the workout posted above and started an online school. Still throw video games in the mix.
    So 4 hours a day? Why haven't you taken a 2nd job? You claim you "can't afford" gym membership/home equipment and you're always broke.....don't you care enough about either to work for them? You want to go through life just "getting by"?

How much does playing video games pay? What is it doing to benefit your future? Are you going to be 40, 50, 60, working 20 hours a week, playing video games with your roommates?

Why don't you enlist? Free room and board, PT, learn a skill and earn a paycheck. Seems like a perfect solution for your issues. Want to change your ways? Perfect way to go about it. Make something out of your life other than laying around playing video games.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

So 4 hours a day? Why haven't you taken a 2nd job? You claim you "can't afford" gym membership/home equipment and you're always broke.....don't you care enough about either to work for them? You want to go through life just "getting by"?

How much does playing video games pay? What is it doing to benefit your future? Are you going to be 40, 50, 60, working 20 hours a week, playing video games with your roommates?

Why don't you enlist? Free room and board, PT, learn a skill and earn a paycheck. Seems like a perfect solution for your issues. Want to change your ways? Perfect way to go about it. Make something out of your life other than laying around playing video games.
    I start a new job in February, thanks. I'm taking online classes, as stated above, to get a higher paying job, thanks. I don't enlist because I don't meet physical requirements, thanks. This is focusing on diet and exercise, not my financial stability (which I'm working on as stated above, thanks).

I start a new job in February, thanks. I'm taking online classes, as stated above, to get a higher paying job, thanks. I don't enlist because I don't meet physical requirements, thanks. This is focusing on diet and exercise, not my financial stability (which I'm working on as stated above, thanks).
    So what's your new job? Is it full time? You're welcome.

You're the one who brought your financial situation into this thread, not me. You use it as an excuse as to why you "can't". Which way is it, a factor, not a factor? You also brought the fact you're lazy (your words, not mine) into this thread. Again, you refuse to see any connection between your laziness and being financially strapped. You can't see how that carries-over to your weight? Seriously? You're welcome.

It's called "life". It encompasses and includes EVERYTHING about you, from your work, to finances, to yes.....your weight and physical condition. You're welcome.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

So what's your new job? Is it full time? You're welcome.

You're the one who brought your financial situation into this thread, not me. You use it as an excuse as to why you "can't". Which way is it, a factor, not a factor? You also brought the fact you're lazy (your words, not mine) into this thread. Again, you refuse to see any connection between your laziness and being financially strapped. You can't see how that carries-over to your weight? Seriously? You're welcome.

It's called "life". It encompasses and includes EVERYTHING about you, from your work, to finances, to yes.....your weight and physical condition. You're welcome.
    As I stated, I'm in the process of improving my finances. I have been lazy for most of my life. I moved to a new city, 8 hours away from my old one around mid December. I just got this job and am looking for progression. I've lived a lazy lifestyle and am trying to change it. That's why I'm here. I'm working on finances, which, yes, plays a part in my weight to a degree. The reason I'm on this forum is to get advice on my fitness and where I can improve despite my current financial setback, not to improve my financial setback (which I'm, again, already working on). I don't refuse to see a connection between my past laziness and why I'm financially strapped. I've been financially strapped for SEVERAL different reasons I don't care to explain here. Life changes start somewhere. This is where I'm attempting to start mine.

Those were good suggestions, so actually thanks for attempting.
    Last edited by SooshiRolls; 01-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.