Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why aren’t I losing weight ?

Hey everyone. A little about me. I’m 6’1 238 lbs. 29yrs old. I am normally between 200-215 but have been eating fast food for a year and not working out. I started working out 4 weeks ago. Weights 6 times a week and about 20+ minutes of cardio after my workout. I can feel my muscles getting firmer and I’m sore as hell, but I haven’t lost a single pound. I feel like a look a LITTLE different in the mirror. But is it really possible the muscle is outweighing the fat loss? I’m eating pretty much just 96/4 lean ground beef with hot sauce, zucchini, chicken breast, kiwi, mangos, tomato’s. Trying to keep it very clean. Drinking a lot of water. I am so confused. The last time i tried to lose weight in 2015 it took a month and came right off. What could be going on?
    Last edited by DickieV; 01-09-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're eating too many calories. Just because you switched your foods doesn't mean that you're in a calorie deficit, everything must be weighed and tracked. Its very easy to overeat on the perceived "healthy" foods.

READ: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    The best weight loss and muscle building advice you will ever get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0eWbk-0qdg

The truth about "Recomping"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aErqkCgDuE

DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50) DickieV will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat 8 ounces of ground beef/chicken twice and day and fruit in the morning. I need to learn to weight and track but i'm assuming that isn't eating " too much ". Could i be eating not enough?

xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xsquid99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DickieV View Post
    I eat 8 ounces of ground beef/chicken twice and day and fruit in the morning. I need to learn to weight and track but i'm assuming that isn't eating " too much ". Could i be eating not enough?
    No, nobody has ever lost weight by eating more food.

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Did you read the link xsquid99 gave you?
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."
    Dean Stanforth- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    Did you read the link xsquid99 gave you?
    I did. I will follow the information and learn to count what I’m eating.

Also go back 1 page and read the Don't Look Past the Basics sticky thread at the top.

Snacks, cheat meals, high calorie drinks (soda/fruit juice/alcohol), etc are where most people fail. You can't just eat low calorie "most days" and think that you can be successful in weight loss if you're sneaking in calories on other days. Only a consistent calorie deficit over time will result in weight loss.

longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You're eating too many calories. Just because you switched your foods doesn't mean that you're in a calorie deficit, everything must be weighed and tracked. Its very easy to overeat on the perceived "healthy" foods.
    ]
    I consistently see this exact same advice over and over again. I can tell you from a massive body of experience that it's just not that simple in some cases. I agree that some people miscalculate macros, but I have gotten the same advice you're giving out while being 275 pounds, working out twice a day, eating 2500 calories, working with a nutritionist, and eating only meals prepared by a bodybuilding meal plan service.

The scale never moved and my measurements didn't change. The only things that changed were a massive dump in my lifts, sleep habits, sexual desire, and mood. I tried to implement refeeds, and it led to nothing. It took my body a week to take that extra weight back off. Point being, there are cases in which calories in, calories out does not always apply.

I've spent an entire year trying to cut. I don't think I've eaten even a small surplus more than 6 or 7 times in a year. I've had high activity days in which I've run 3k deficit in 1 day. High carb, low carb, it doesn't move. I'm sure I could eat next to nothing and drop some weight, but my guess is that I would lose a pile of gains, and a crazy amount of strength that it took me a long time to gain. Just eat less might be ok if you don't care about losing strength and muscle.

Some people I talk to count their intake. Some say screw that. They say eat good foods in good portions and forget the rest. And these people are in excellent shape. I guess it just depends. I know I’m eating the right foods and I am not eating a lot at all. I cheated a few times for the holidays. But nothing crazy. Everyone is telling me I’m building muscle and that is throwing off the scale. I’m just going to keep at it, learn the best way to track my food intake and keep at it in the gym. It’s gotta come off eventually right ? Lol

longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Some people I talk to count their intake. Some say screw that. They say eat good foods in good portions and forget the rest. And these people are in excellent shape. I guess it just depends. I know I’m eating the right foods and I am not eating a lot at all. I cheated a few times for the holidays. But nothing crazy. Everyone is telling me I’m building muscle and that is throwing off the scale. I’m just going to keep at it, learn the best way to track my food intake and keep at it in the gym. It’s gotta come off eventually right ? Lol
    Well, I've gotten that same feedback 100 times myself. "Oh, You're probably gaining muscle". That's usually followed up by that old gem, "muscle weighs more than fat"lol. The truth is that if you've been working out for a number of years you most likely aren't getting any gains while in a deficit. It's hard to make gains for many even when they do things well. In your case, they may be right. If you're lifting, and you've been sedentary, you may be gaining some muscle.

BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BS57 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    I consistently see this exact same advice over and over again. I can tell you from a massive body of experience that it's just not that simple in some cases. I agree that some people miscalculate macros, but I have gotten the same advice you're giving out while being 275 pounds, working out twice a day, eating 2500 calories, working with a nutritionist, and eating only meals prepared by a bodybuilding meal plan service.

The scale never moved and my measurements didn't change. The only things that changed were a massive dump in my lifts, sleep habits, sexual desire, and mood. I tried to implement refeeds, and it led to nothing. It took my body a week to take that extra weight back off. Point being, there are cases in which calories in, calories out does not always apply.

I've spent an entire year trying to cut. I don't think I've eaten even a small surplus more than 6 or 7 times in a year. I've had high activity days in which I've run 3k deficit in 1 day. High carb, low carb, it doesn't move. I'm sure I could eat next to nothing and drop some weight, but my guess is that I would lose a pile of gains, and a crazy amount of strength that it took me a long time to gain. Just eat less might be ok if you don't care about losing strength and muscle.
    WTF did i just read?

Stop listing to idiots.
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."

It's ONLY going to come off if you're in a caloric deficit. Period. End of story.

In your case, counting/tracking is the only way to be sure, as well as meeting your macros.

Ignore everything the red dude is posting. He's red for a reason.

Originally Posted by BS57 View Post
    WTF did i just read?

Stop listing to idiots.
    You seem to be a very rude and condescending person. Looking at your pics, you should not be so confident. Not only do you lack muscle, but you're also flabby.

The point of my post is that losing fat is not simply to just cut cals and the weight always comes off. Of course you need to be in a deficit to lose fat, but losing fat "well" is more complex, and you can get in that deficit 1000 ways. If you aren't careful, a lifter might just end up looking like you.

Btw, I'm a "red" because I have a life and I've only made a few post in 12 years. You have no life, and no body. I hope you didn't spend 3000 post handing out your overly simplified advise. lol
    Last edited by longrob; 01-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.

lol....good to know because I truly value your opinion.

suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suzyfit32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you’re in a calorie deficit (like, actually) and still not losing any body fat, then it’s time do have dr run blood tests etc. More out than in is the only tried and true formula when it comes down to weight loss. Of course there are contributing factors... sleep, hormones etc. but at the end of the day if you’re eating less than you’re burning and still not down on the scale after a couple of weeks something underlying could be going on...

bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000) bsrkoacar is just really nice. (+1000)
    If true you should see a doctor. Sounds like a medical issue. Thyroid or extremely low testosterone or something
    275 bench
    445 squat
    515 deadlift
    200 OHP

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'm not sure what I just read.

Bottom line OP is if you aren't losing you're taking in too many calories on a weekly basis.

Fatloss is a product of a consistent net calorie deficit over time. Nothing more, nothing less.

Negged for being a dick
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by suzyfit32 View Post
    If you’re in a calorie deficit (like, actually) and still not losing any body fat, then it’s time do have dr run blood tests etc. More out than in is the only tried and true formula when it comes down to weight loss. Of course there are contributing factors... sleep, hormones etc. but at the end of the day if you’re eating less than you’re burning and still not down on the scale after a couple of weeks something underlying could be going on...
    Like miscounting calories.

Underestimating intake and overestimating TDEE is the issue.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, there are people in the world who eat appropriate levels of calories without counting anything. Those people don't need to ask how to lose weight because they naturally eat at maintenance. You do because you aren't them, as proven by the fact that you've gained 23-38 lbs by eating more than necessary in the past year. Count your calories and lose weight.

Thank you everybody for all the info. I’m going to keep a strict diet and correct amount of calorie intake and keep working out. I’m sure it will help with the holidays being over. Lol. I would love to get down to 195 and be HEALTHY! I’ve always been an athlete and naturally pretty muscular so I can’t wait to see the results.

Thank you everybody for all the info. I’m going to keep a strict diet and correct amount of calorie intake and keep working out. I’m sure it will help with the holidays being over. Lol. I would love to get down to 195 and be HEALTHY! I’ve always been an athlete and naturally pretty muscular so I can’t wait to see the results.
    And you will be successful

hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hardyboysare is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

And what peer reviewed scientific research have you got to suggest losing weight is not down to calories in vs calories out?

As everything I have read boils down to it no matter what way you look at it.....

Without supporting evidence I am afraid believing fanciable stories you seem to be looking at don't cut it.

And to believe you lose all your muscle when in a calorie deficit with the correct macros and weight training stimulus is just plan stupid.

As for the rest of the tripe you are spouting god knows where you dreamed up that rubbish.

TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bsrkoacar View Post
    If true you should see a doctor. Sounds like a medical issue. Thyroid or extremely low testosterone or something
    Possible hijack here and I'll start my own thread if necessary but what is the link here?

I have suspected for some time that the "simple" formula isn't quite working for me but I've not really had the consistency to track it as well as I should. I've started tracking in detail and am running at 1,800 calories a day (gross - no adding back in estimated exercise expenditure) and an average of 39% protein, 29% fat and 32% carbs over the past week. I am 6 foot and 225lbs, and what I'd say is very low muscle definition.

I'm tracking for the whole month before I conclude it's not working for me, but in the meantime this comment grabbed my attention.

I had some tests done last year (unrelated) which reported low testosterone levels but with no cause for concern. I use the Grenade AT4 tablets on a 4 week on 1 week off cycle (I've completed one cycle) but wanted to know what the link was between this and fat loss.

Originally Posted by TheRedCardinal View Post
    Possible hijack here and I'll start my own thread if necessary but what is the link here?

I have suspected for some time that the "simple" formula isn't quite working for me but I've not really had the consistency to track it as well as I should. I've started tracking in detail and am running at 1,800 calories a day (gross - no adding back in estimated exercise expenditure) and an average of 39% protein, 29% fat and 32% carbs over the past week. I am 6 foot and 225lbs, and what I'd say is very low muscle definition.

I'm tracking for the whole month before I conclude it's not working for me, but in the meantime this comment grabbed my attention.

I had some tests done last year (unrelated) which reported low testosterone levels but with no cause for concern. I use the Grenade AT4 tablets on a 4 week on 1 week off cycle (I've completed one cycle) but wanted to know what the link was between this and fat loss.
    What's not working for you is your calorie counting method.

TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRedCardinal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    What's not working for you is your calorie counting method.
    Care to explain?

Care to explain?
    You're taking in more calories on a weekly basis that you think due to improper and inaccurate counting and tracking.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You're taking in more calories on a weekly basis that you think due to improper and inaccurate counting and tracking.
    Ok man, you might be right, you might be wrong. I really don't want to be one of these guys who gets all precious when they don't get the answer they want, but you know nothing about the way I'm counting and tracking. Perhaps it's that my TDEE is lower than what I've estimated, perhaps it's that I have a rare genetic defect hitherto undiscovered that means protein gives me 100 calories per gram. Perhaps my scale is wrong. Perhaps my version of MFP has been hacked with hilarious substitutions. Perhaps now that I actually AM tracking accurately, consistently, and wholly, I'll see some proper results.

I said quite clearly that I've not been tracking long and will continue to do so before I conclude that it's not working. It's been 9 days - not concluding anything.

But then I also picked up on a specific point related to the impact of testosterone on weight loss, and having been informed I have lower than normal testosterone in an unrelated blood test, I wanted to ask what the link was. That's all.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) getbigordie18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

too much calories

Hey everyone. A little about me. I’m 6’1 238 lbs. 29yrs old. I am normally between 200-215 but have been eating fast food for a year and not working out. I started working out 4 weeks ago. Weights 6 times a week and about 20+ minutes of cardio after my workout. I can feel my muscles getting firmer and I’m sore as hell, but I haven’t lost a single pound. I feel like a look a LITTLE different in the mirror. But is it really possible the muscle is outweighing the fat loss? I’m eating pretty much just 96/4 lean ground beef with hot sauce, zucchini, chicken breast, kiwi, mangos, tomato’s. Trying to keep it very clean. Drinking a lot of water. I am so confused. The last time i tried to lose weight in 2015 it took a month and came right off. What could be going on?
    The only way you would be gaining fat is from taking in too many calories. seems like you are working out a lot. Check out the information on nutrition. Clean foods doesn't mean you cant get fat lol. Drinking a ton of water is good though. High protein diet(.8-1 gram per pound of bodyweight should be good). Calories should be your TDEE. Google it or look at stickies on the nutrition info. Get the diet right and you will get the shreds.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok man, you might be right, you might be wrong. I really don't want to be one of these guys who gets all precious when they don't get the answer they want, but you know nothing about the way I'm counting and tracking. Perhaps it's that my TDEE is lower than what I've estimated, perhaps it's that I have a rare genetic defect hitherto undiscovered that means protein gives me 100 calories per gram. Perhaps my scale is wrong. Perhaps my version of MFP has been hacked with hilarious substitutions. Perhaps now that I actually AM tracking accurately, consistently, and wholly, I'll see some proper results.

I said quite clearly that I've not been tracking long and will continue to do so before I conclude that it's not working. It's been 9 days - not concluding anything.

But then I also picked up on a specific point related to the impact of testosterone on weight loss, and having been informed I have lower than normal testosterone in an unrelated blood test, I wanted to ask what the link was. That's all.
    There are medical conditions that hinder fat loss but there are no medical conditions that directly prevent it. Your hormones being out of whack may make fat loss more difficult, or slower, but they won't prevent it entirely. There are people who take meds that make them feel hungrier, which then leads to overeating, but without the overeating they will not gain weight. And yes, there are medical conditions that cause water retention which then causes weight increases--but you would know if you had such a problem and weight loss wouldn't be your primary concern if you had one of them. Plus, retaining water is not the same thing as not losing fat.

Calories are units of energy. Your fat is stored energy. Your body needs a certain amount of energy in order to function each day. If you don't provide it that energy via food/drink, it accesses its onboard energy stores (your fat) and uses them to meet the shortfall. That means that your energy stores (level of body fat) decrease when you have a shortfall (a.k.a., calorie deficit.) If you are eating in a calorie deficit, your body fat stores will shrink over time. And no, there is no mechanism by which your body extracts 25x the amount of energy out of a gram of protein. If you aren't losing fat, you aren't eating in a calorie deficit. Just finish your month of logging and then drop calories if you haven't lost weight.

I'd suggest starting a new thread if you have more specific questions about your situation.

Ok man, you might be right, you might be wrong. .
    until you’re able to come to grips with reality you will never succeed. This thread has gone on way too long.