smz91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Weighted Bodyweight Workout Effective for Basic Training?

I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this. I'm 17 years old and i recently enlisted into the military and have 6 months to get in shape before i ship out. I'm not totally out of shape, but i want to go in the best shape that i can be in. I want to buy some plates to put in a backpack and dip belt to make exercises like push ups, dips and pull ups harder.

How benificial will this be for me compared to bench pressing, dead lifting, squatting and all the other fancy ****? I'm more concerned on running and getting good at the exercises that i'll do at BCT. I do plan on doing all the other fancy **** after i finish Basic.

Also if anyone knows any good bodyweight routines with weights or what i can fix that would be great. This is my old routine:

Upper- Mon, Wed, Fri
    Pullups 3×8
    Chinups 3×8
    Neutral Grip Pullup 3×8
    Dips 4×15
    Incline Diamond Push Up 4×12
    Push Ups 2×30

Legs-Tue, Thur
    5 Minute Warm Up on treadmill, High Incline, 3 mph carrying 25lb dumbbells on each arm.
    Bulgarian Split Squats w/50 lbs each arm 3×8 (I have access to a small gym in my apartments, max dumbbells are 50lbs)
    Leg Extensions 3×12
    Lying Leg Curls 3×12

And I run on Saturday

I plan on buying three 25 lb plates and two 10 lb plates adding up to a total of 95 lbs. Hopefully the dip belt will hold all of that.
    Sorry if this post is too long, i just want some opinions and advice.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You haven't enlisted, you're in delayed entry. Two vastly different things.

If you want to get in shape for basic you need to excel at three things: running, swimming, and pushups/pull-ups. For the Navy that is, and i'm guessing Navy since you said "ship out." You should be running 3-4 times a week, not once. You don't need to utilize resistance training really, bodyweight workouts will be fine. There are a lot of plans on the internet for military calisthenic training, Google will help here.
    USAF
    LEO