Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sorinex Crew

JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bennder View Post
    Rae Crowther doesn't make crazy awesome racks with keyholes anymore, they changed their philosophy

youtube.com/watch?v=QmvLZmR3K6s
    I had heard this was coming; I looked at their stuff when I was choosing what eventually became my XL in 2017. They sounded like they were downsizing and I didn’t want to be left holding the bag on a rack that I couldn’t kit out over time.

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Wholly chit Hans.... maybe he should start using his products. Wow, I had no idea the went simplistic.
    I like the simplicity/minimal concept, it has merit.

Simplicity was the motivation on the XL Yoke for me; I based my order and testing on my buddy John Welbourn’s 2011 CFFB Garage Gym article.

I wanted to try to test a minimal foot print, all in one training center for a garage that did everything short of having a cage w/straps and full safeties, but also worked for pulling and carrying.

Originally Posted by mrcheeze36 View Post
    No kidding, they went super simplified and went away with 4/6 post racks. Just a 2 post floor mounted rack with a built in vertical barbell holder in each post base plate. Comes with a crossmember with a cambered pull-up bar, sandwich j-cups and spotter arms.

No side holes at all on the posts now. Takes up less floor space though (20” depth total).
    They still have half and full racks (4 and 6 post), but they are not as geared out as the old stuff.

I think Rogue killed the keyholes for them by offering a similar looking rack for less.

The keyhole rights came to Rogue w/Nebula’s purchase, if I’m not mistaken.

RC had the ability to use them after the Rogue deal, as we saw, but it either had a limited time frame or just became a cost of MFG that RC didn’t want to endure.

Arsenal (where Tom from Nebula went) had some RC style racks in their old pics of a gym they did, but Arsenal doesn’t offer them in the catalog for ordering now...not sure what the deal is w/that...it’s just swing in 3.5 in slots like the old Nebula commercial stuff now over there.
    No more "crews" or brand tribalism, unless Mech wants to make me a 1in hole, 2in on center, Open Top Rack w/stainless posts.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JohnCuster View Post

I think Rogue killed the keyholes for them by offering a similar looking rack for less.

The keyhole rights came to Rogue w/Nebula’s purchase, if I’m not mistaken.

RC had the ability to use them after the Rogue deal, as we saw, but it either had a limited time frame or just became a cost of MFG that RC didn’t want to endure.

Arsenal (where Tom from Nebula went) had some RC style racks in their old pics of a gym they did, but Arsenal doesn’t offer them in the catalog for ordering now...not sure what the deal is w/that...it’s just swing in 3.5 in slots like the old Nebula commercial stuff now over there.
    There were no rights to a key hole design, especially when the dimensions were a little different then what nebula had back then and different frin Rae crowther. Although they were put in th ere to have the spirit of nebula. It was made to work with the machines pin used on the monster safety strap they already had. Like every body else I wished rogue would have approved more accessories to utilize the key holes but they obviously got shut down back then.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCuster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    There were no rights to a key hole design, especially when the dimensions were a little different then what nebula had back then and different frin Rae crowther. Although they were put in th ere to have the spirit of nebula. It was made to work with the machines pin used on the monster safety strap they already had. Like every body else I wished rogue would have approved more accessories to utilize the key holes but they obviously got shut down back then.
    You probably know better than I do on the keyholes...you are more in tune w/Rogue than I am.

I recall Rogue making a post on social media saying they had the rights to keyhole designed rack posts w/the Nebula deal when someone said they knocked off RC.

It seemed as if there was some IP or patent that existed, but I have not been bothered to look it up.

Them not being exclusive to either might explain why the Arsenal racks had them in some photos. Those looked identical to RC racks w/them in terms of size and layout.
    Last edited by JohnCuster; 01-20-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    No more "crews" or brand tribalism, unless Mech wants to make me a 1in hole, 2in on center, Open Top Rack w/stainless posts.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think there was a patent, I don't think Tom patented any of his stuff (I'll have to ask him sometime)
    It would have expired by then though anyways.
    Arsenal has access to the nebula designs as they buy the equipment through rae crowther who contracts it out to dynamic. That's how the got around the rogue thing as rae crowther was allowed to continue selling nebula designs when rogue bought nebula.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    I don't think there was a patent, I don't think Tom patented any of his stuff (I'll have to ask him sometime)
    It would have expired by then though anyways.
    Arsenal has access to the nebula designs as they buy the equipment through rae crowther who contracts it out to dynamic. That's how the got around the rogue thing as rae crowther was allowed to continue selling nebula designs when rogue bought nebula.
    Gotcha...I wasn’t sure of the way the work flowed or the nuances of the MFG arrangements.

The Dyanamic thing makes senses b/c some of the Arsenal stuff in pics has the 2in Dynamic sawing in hole spacing and also the older 3.5in Nebula style spacing on other racks in pics.

I wasn’t aware that Arsenal didn’t do in house MFG, but I just started eyeballing their catalog and have not done a lot of reaching out/info gathering.

Thanks for the quick fire education, appreciate it.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have not seen those interactions, but I’ll take your word for it.

He’s been nothing but nice to me in a genuine way.

How long ago did he behave in a way that alienated Atty and Morris?

If it was recently, I’d be surprised, if it was awhile back, I’d say it’s likley that he has grown an matured a lot over the past few years after being thrust into the role he is in now.
    Lol. Hes cocky but apparently good at growing vegetables. On ironhistory.com he tried verbally attacking me when I posted pictures of gym equipment I built for myself. Like a prowler and other items. Then he went on to say how heninvented it and then blabbed about a neighbor who stole a wheel barrow of vegetables from his garden. Blah blah blah. It goes deeper than that. Many of us have had real exchanges. Not interwebz fake bs.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Lol. Hes cocky but apparently good at growing vegetables. On ironhistory.com he tried verbally attacking me when I posted pictures of gym equipment I built for myself. Like a prowler and other items. Then he went on to say how heninvented it and then blabbed about a neighbor who stole a wheel barrow of vegetables from his garden. Blah blah blah. It goes deeper than that. Many of us have had real exchanges. Not interwebz fake bs.
    My exchanges w/them (more Bert) have been real as well, in person, on calls and so on.

Of course we comment on each other’s Instagram and such, but I’m not an Interwebs nutswinger, I actually know Bert and consider him a friend.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience w/one or both of them (not clear if Bert or Richard was on IH); it has not been my experience nor have I been witness to said behavior when in their company.

If it was Bert...people grow and change a lot as they mature, I’d politely suggest you to give him another chance if you’re so inclined, he’s an impressive man at this stage of his life.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My exchanges w/them (more Bert) have been real as well, in person, on calls and so on.

Of course we comment on each other’s Instagram and such, but I’m not an Interwebs nutswinger, I actually know Bert and consider him a friend.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience w/one or both of them (not clear if Bert or Richard was on IH); it has not been my experience nor have I been witness to said behavior when in their company.

If it was Bert...people grow and change a lot as they mature, I’d politely suggest you to give him another chance if you’re so inclined, he’s an impressive man at this stage of his life.
    Never interacted with Bert. Only Richard.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    Never interacted with Bert. Only Richard.
    Well I can’t speak much to that, I have only ever known him to be welcoming and kind, but my interactions w/him have been far more limited than Bert.

Richard has been through a lot in the last 10 years by all accounts, health wise, personally and professionally...maybe you caught him at a time when he wasn’t at his best.

I respect the man for what he has done in the industry, his physical strength, and how he has treated me when I have talked w/him, face to face.

I’m sad to hear that it wasn’t a similar experience for you and ppl you know.

coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000)
    New leg press: https://www.sorinex.com/collections/...ucts/leg-press

They are slowly rebuilding their machine portfolio with their signature 4 way hole look. Hoping for a calf raise and back extension soon.

Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've dreamt of owning a Sorinex rack since I first found out about the Equipment Forum back in 2010. I saw some guys with dark horse racks and I knew I wanted one. 9 years later, Here we are. This is version 4.0 of my garage gym. (previously a home gym)

Still under 50 posts after all these years so hopefully someone can re-upload/post it for me.
    Attached Images

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Syntheticllc View Post
    I've dreamt of owning a Sorinex rack since I first found out about the Equipment Forum back in 2010. I saw some guys with dark horse racks and I knew I wanted one. 9 years later, Here we are. This is version 4.0 of my garage gym. (previously a home gym)

Still under 50 posts after all these years so hopefully someone can re-upload/post it for me.
    Very nice
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very nice. I bought my DH in 2012 I think, it's the first and last rack I will buy.

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Andalite View Post
    Yes, photos please and also why does Sorinex get so much hate (I am unaware). I follow them on Instagram. I love the look of the equipment.
    Lol. We just envious. We feeling all high with some Rogue gear and you pulling in here with your Lambos and Ferraries of the fitness gear world.

NEED PICS!

Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Syntheticllc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks brother.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DarthCholo View Post
    Lol. We just envious. We feeling all high with some Rogue gear and you pulling in here with your Lambos and Ferraries of the fitness gear world.

NEED PICS!
    I think everyone appreciates their gear but the prices I've looked at are nuts. I would've seriously considered them if their prices were so much more than Legend, Rogue, etc
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Beautiful looking rack! I acquired a dark horse rack not to long ago and I have to say it is far superior to my 1500lb williams strength 9' rack or any other I have owned. The hole spacing is superior. I do agree though their equipment is way too overpriced. I have a sorinex hurricane and back attack machines that I love but would never have bought them if I didn't find them used.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nnclark11 View Post
    ...back attack machine...
    You should post some photos and a quick rundown. I've always liked that machine.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) martyanderson is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Yeah was wondering what happened to them seem to only sell cheap racks... I have a rogue monster with a rotating chin bar that I have only seen in a rae crowther rack... Best chin bar ever.