Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dannybaus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the response. Ya I’ve had digestive issues for years so I was hoping this might help sort it out.
    I do 3 eggs and some ham for breakfast with a glass of water.
    Lunch is usually 500 grams of mince or steak. I prepare the steak with a small amount of olive oil, a big of cracked pepper and Himalayan salt.
    Dinner is a variation of mince and steaks.
    I only drink water at the moment. About 1.5-2 litres a day.
    I’ll have a black coffee in the morning and snack on some beef Jerkey around 11.
    Occasionally I’ll do a bit of haloumi cheese with dinner

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just to remind people: the carnivore diet can easily be deficient in many micronutrients, as well as have other potential problems. If you're going to do it, I suggest getting your micronutrients and lipids tested.

As an example I've logged 2467 kcal worth of chicken, beef and salmon, with appropriate fat content and some organ meat included for extra micronutrients.

Here's what came out:

Easy to spot the potential problems: deficient in folate, vitamin A, C, K, calcium and manganese.

Excessive dietary cholesterol can increase LDL cholesterol. Not necessarily a problem for everyone but that's why it's a good idea to get lipids checked.

Taking a multi would help a little, but absorption and availability of supplemental vitamins often falls short. Studies show getting your micronutrients from whole foods tends to be superior. And besides that, most multi's lack sufficient calcium, vitamin K1 and K2.

And I haven't touched upon further health benefits of fruit and vegetables, such as their phytonutrient and fiber contents for example.

ps. I'm not saying this applies to OP. It's just a reminder for people who are considering this type of diet.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 04-13-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^^^ to add, not a single gram of fiber. During #2, I have to push hard AF on days I only get 10-20g fiber, nevermind none. Not seeing how you carnivore guys are doing it. Also had a GI doc tell me that high protein diet with insufficient fiber intake can lead to GI problems (forget the condition).

MaraCady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Follow-up

I am currently keto and am working on transitioning to keto. I wanted to follow up on how this worked out for you. I currently teach group fitness classes but I'm going to start working on truly bodybuilding which is new for me. Anything I should be aware of going in?

dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dungeonfitter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MaraCady View Post
    I am currently keto and am working on transitioning to keto. I wanted to follow up on how this worked out for you. I currently teach group fitness classes but I'm going to start working on truly bodybuilding which is new for me. Anything I should be aware of going in?
    If youre already keto im confident it'll be fine. Keep on top of your salts; magnesium, potassium but mostly sodium.

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My question is

...Have you killed anything yet?
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Just to remind people: the carnivore diet can easily be deficient in many micronutrients, as well as have other potential problems. If you're going to do it, I suggest getting your micronutrients and lipids tested.

As an example I've logged 2467 kcal worth of chicken, beef and salmon, with appropriate fat content and some organ meat included for extra micronutrients.

Here's what came out:

Easy to spot the potential problems: deficient in folate, vitamin A, C, K, calcium and manganese.

Excessive dietary cholesterol can increase LDL cholesterol. Not necessarily a problem for everyone but that's why it's a good idea to get lipids checked.

Taking a multi would help a little, but absorption and availability of supplemental vitamins often falls short. Studies show getting your micronutrients from whole foods tends to be superior. And besides that, most multi's lack sufficient calcium, vitamin K1 and K2.

And I haven't touched upon further health benefits of fruit and vegetables, such as their phytonutrient and fiber contents for example.

ps. I'm not saying this applies to OP. It's just a reminder for people who are considering this type of diet.
    the vitamin and mineral calculators are not accurate.

Vitamin A has different forms: Retinol (animal) and beta carotene (plant).
    Depending on your conversation ratio, Retinol is 5-20x more potent than beta carotene so 10% DV Vitamin A from retinol = 100% from Beta Carotene.
    Many plant foods have anti-nutrients that decrease the absorption of minerals. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...nti-nutrients/

Cholesterol causing heart attacks is a myth. High amounts of polyunsaturated fats + high blood sugar that causes heart attacks. Cholesterol is an important nutrient that heals the body, only when it gets oxidized does it clog the arteries and that usually happens from polyunsaturated fats + high blood sugar.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ryeno View Post
    Vitamin A has different forms: Retinol (animal) and beta carotene (plant).
    Depending on your conversation ratio, Retinol is 5-20x more potent than beta carotene so 10% DV Vitamin A from retinol = 100% from Beta Carotene.
    Many plant foods have anti-nutrients that decrease the absorption of minerals. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...nti-nutrients/
    Actually, it IS accurate... cronometer does not break it out because it assumes it is retinol.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100) Ryeno is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Actually, it IS accurate... cronometer does not break it out because it assumes it is retinol.
    okay retinal will be accurate with that calculator but the other numbers are still not necessarily accurate.

1) those calculators don't take into consideration anti nutrients that block mineral absorption, e.g. oxalates blind to calcium and prevent it from being absorbed. So getting calcium from sardines is not the same as a high oxalate plant source like broccoli.
    2) the actual DV% are not necessarily correct. 100mg of Vitamin C is stated as the requirement each day but the body only need 10mg to avoid scurvy. Many recommendations are questionable.

Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000) Anonymous000 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by sarethums View Post
    pros and cons

pros

testosterone has gone from 13.6 to 25 (blood results to prove)
    Calling Bull ****
    yeah i logged in my 10 year old account to do this..

so you went from 392ng/dL to 721 ng/dL in 4 months?

consuming estradiol, estrogen and progesterone..
    these are 100% bio compatible estrogens..

BEEF and cows milk ( and whey) especially since it contains prolactin (this is found in dairy cows that are pumpped 2 times a day to make 10 gallons of milk)(boner killer),natural and synthetic testosterone (DHT that is what causes hair loss enough to lose the hair but not counter the estrogens ), estradiol, estrogen and progesterone..

Basically you are consuming womanly hormones in LARGE qualities..

Also I bet your cholesterol is in the 300-400 Total range am I right?
    more then likely your very close to becoming a type 2 diabetic like Shawn Baker too...

Dude it's ridiculous I'm on a soyboy diet and able to maintain 185-190 pounds with consistency. Yeah i dropped 30 pounds but that was intended and i did not lose any muscle mass(I gained quite a bit of upper body mass)...

.i only eat meat like once perweek never said i was a vegan.. (personally i tried the flex-a-carnivore diet mostly meats 3 times aday )
    it did not work out well it killed my testosterone levels they got down to mid 220s at it's lowest...

Even Frank Tufano quit his carnivore diet after asked him how he was enjoying his womanly hormones... and he literally gained 0 muscle mass in the last couple of years...
    Last edited by Anonymous000; 11-16-2020 at 03:14 AM.

mas1618 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Substitute math with bivalves

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask this question here, since I don't buy the plant based meat substitute scam... So as a vegetarian who eats eggs and lactose free butter daily, could I completely substitute meat with bilvalves and be fine? I read that oysters have the highest amount of zinc and mussels have a ridiculous amount of vitamin b12 too... They are also good sources of iron and omega-3s.
    Thanks for the help.

ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClaudeSpeed22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don´t know what a carnivore diet is, but It sounds pretty unhealthy.

blaziken6969 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So here is my predicament.

My typical daily diet includes

x amount of duck eggs
    x amount of ground pork
    x amount of liver
    x amount of lard

My goal is to increase muscle mass so sufficient protein intake and a caloric surplus is in order. Lifting has been fine, weights move up constantly no problem.

For whatever reason, probably extremely high metabolism, at a body weight of 67 kg (147.7 lbs), 9% bf, I eat roughly 3600 cals a day just to maintain, without gaining weight on the scale nor get visibly fatter.

From what I gathered, you only need around 0.82g protein/lbs body weight to build muscle. So I've been having around 121g protein a day, the rest is fat. Meaning the macros are 86F/13P/1C (some minimal carb from the eggs).

The problem is that whenever my fat intake goes above a certain point, I estimate around 74-76% of total daily caloric intake, my heart beats really fast and loudly, enough to give me a hard time falling asleep!

I read that a high fat meal causes the blood to thicken, which slows the flood flow to the heart, which I interpret to mean the heart has to work much harder than usual, and so the fast and loud beating.

Have you encountered this problem, and if so, will it resolve on its own or did you have to do something?