Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sarethums has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 months into carnivore diet. Ask me anything.

4 months into carnivore diet. Ask me anything.

Before and after shot. (Disclaimer: i looked similar to the after previously, i was trying out vegan and was riding a bike 20 hours now down to 8 per week for commuting to work.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqcZp8_Fj7a/
    Last edited by sarethums; 01-08-2019 at 07:09 AM. Reason: update photo

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sarethums View Post
    (Cant ahow image yet, not enough posts, dm if you want to see it)
    nah I'm sweet

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you have social life? Friends or family,how do they react on your disordered eating?

Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    Do you have social life? Friends or family,how do they react on your disordered eating?
    Ill answer this ignoring the passive aggressiveness.

As I am a personal trainer and lecturer and Im conducting this as part of my research they understand but were skeptical at first.

Most of my family are over weight and so after seeing my progress and blood results they have been trying to get on it themselves.

They have more to gain from it as they are overweight and with autoimmune (mother) and digestive (sister) problems that this diet can be beneficial for.

Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    Social life is actually made much much easier as instead of me needing to carry tupperware everywhere I go eating every 2 hours I only need about 1-3 meals per now. This diet has given me liberation and freedom.

Im from scotland and so the way I eat now isnt that far off what a normal diet is here. Im from Angus as is Angus beef and people eat mince and tatties (potatoes) every night there.

PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll respect the join date and presume you're serious.

What are you typically eating? Is it expensive?

You went from vegan to carnivore, what does that imply about your psychology related to eating?

Pros and cons so far?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does the grocery bill suck as much as most would think? Meat isn't cheap.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by PAU1 View Post
    I'll respect the join date and presume you're serious.

What are you typically eating? Is it expensive?

You went from vegan to carnivore, what does that imply about your psychology related to eating?

Pros and cons so far?

On a day where I'll have something fancy I'll eat 2xribeye 3xeggs for 3 meals. on a cheap day when im at work and steak is not so great reheated ill just have around 1.5-2kg of mince. other things i throw in throughout the week is; fish, liver, caviar (wife is russian and gets it cheap), yogurt, butter, milk. I take a vitamin D sup more so being so for from equator (scotland), potassium salt and iodized salt plus regular salt.

My daily cost for around 3000k/cal is from £8 to £15+ but I save money by not having to eat so often, eating clean is so damn easy so I dont jump into tacobell etc for a snack as I dont need it, this saves me big time in the long run. I have always spent around £10 per day anyway so it works out fine I think. Also fasting is so much easier, I dont currently do this but its an option and that would also be a saving there.

I research food, nutrition, diet etc. I am a pt and this is an area of my interest, not just nutritionally but the psychology behind eating too. This diet has really opened my eyes to the way people percive food, its one of the most interesting parts. At first I felt bad about eating animals but strict carnivore kills less animals per dish, month, year than vegan, this is a huge topic on its own.

pros and cons

pros

testosterone has gone from 13.6 to 25 (blood results to prove)
    More energy
    Poops come out cleaner and sentless (one wipe and its already clean)
    I no longer get hypoglycaemia
    Meal prepping is much easier
    No bloating what so ever
    I can go much longer without meals
    I pass very little to no gas and sentless
    Better circulation in feet and hands (they are less cold but this could be from something else)
    Recovery time is reduced from about 5 days to 1-2.5
    Bottled water tastes sweet
    My brain registers calories more accurately
    On days where im not active i naturally eat much less, multiple days of this has an accumulative effect.
    Food cravings are extinguished.

Cons

I feel slightly trapped by it, there are now loads of foods that give me a sore stomache, sore head etc now
    Tap water tastes really bad
    Eating on the go can be tough
    I can feel a bit drowsy the day after eating non meat products
    There is a potential that soon a meat tax will be applied to all meat products
    Cleaning fat out of plastic containers is the worst thing ever

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Does the grocery bill suck as much as most would think? Meat isn't cheap.
    Im buying 20% fat mince (ground beef) and fatty cuts of steak. I do treat myself now and then to a fancy cut of ribeye etc. Calorie for calorie and nutrient value $10 goes farther in mince than other foods i find.

Its like when people say that nuts are expensive, sure they cost more than popcorn for eg but youre getting a whole lot of stuff in nuts that other foods do not provide. If cheapness was the only factor to worry about then a bag of suger would be the best option.

PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How much longer are you planning to run this diet?

Do you think the pros of this diet come from mimicking fasting? I've heard that proposed.

Since you're interested in the psychology, why are you personally drawn to extreme and restrictive dietary strategies like veganism and carnivore? Have you had a history of trying these out?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What’s Jordan Peterson like ?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

How much longer are you planning to run this diet?

Do you think the pros of this diet come from mimicking fasting? I've heard that proposed.

Since you're interested in the psychology, why are you personally drawn to extreme and restrictive dietary strategies like veganism and carnivore? Have you had a history of trying these out?
    I originally planned on 1 full month at 100% strict but the results were so good, I was waking up leaner each morning from week 4 to around week 8 so I said I'd run it until xmas which would have been 3 months but again I just felt that I was making so much progress on it. my physique and strength have gone up more in the last 3 months than they have in the previous 5 years and i have photos, videos and logbook data to prove it. Ive been lifting pretty conststantly for 15 years, im 29 away to turn 30 next month .

Im going to run it for a total of 6 months and review from there, I'm getting regular blood tests and everything is well within rand and or improving such as test levels have doubled from 13.6 to 25. I do feel slightly trapped on it though as any non meat foods hurt my stomach and give me gas, messy poops and low energy with a few exceptions.

Yes I definatly think the fasting like effects are a huge part of the resluts.

It seems extreme only from the outside, I scoffed at the idea of carnivore and vegan when I first saw them. I lecture a nutrition seminar at my gym and consider myself very open minded, I try to avoid the extremes such as "this food is never good" "this is the best food" "that diet is the best/worst" etc

From the outside in a "bodybuilding diet" can look extreme. I dont know what yours is like but if its classic bodybuilding then your average person would think youre as wild as bodybuilders think carnivore is. Whats funny is the way im currently eating is probably closer to the way we ate long ago and possibly for the longest length of time. Look at those who still live off the land in africa, amazon and north pole, that is more similar if not the same as the carnivore diet (i actually hate that name for it) than say the standard uk/us or bodybuilding diet. This does not of course mean that it is superior but it does give it a sense of normality.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    What’s Jordan Peterson like ?
    I know who he is purely from sjw and feminist fail videos on youtube but I dont follow his work or know him personally.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why did you choose such a restrictive diet vs a traditional diet?
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Why did you choose such a restrictive diet vs a traditional diet?
    I have eaten in many different ways, adopted many methods over the years. I came across this diet not from my own bodybuilding stand point but rather for my sister and mother who have autoimmune and gastrointestinal problems. I thought it was silly when I first saw it but then did the research for my mum and sister.

A few weeks later I was so intrigued and thought **** it I'll give it a shot. The results came in fast so I was hooked pretty quickly and from the other side now I do not feel that it is restrictive, of course, it is but it does not feel like that.

Snickering at this getting banished to nut misc.
    I originally planned on 1 full month at 100% strict but the results were so good, I was waking up leaner each morning from week 4 to around week 8 so I said I'd run it until xmas which would have been 3 months but again I just felt that I was making so much progress on it. my physique and strength have gone up more in the last 3 months than they have in the previous 5 years and i have photos, videos and logbook data to prove it. Ive been lifting pretty conststantly for 15 years, im 29 away to turn 30 next month .

Im going to run it for a total of 6 months and review from there, I'm getting regular blood tests and everything is well within rand and or improving such as test levels have doubled from 13.6 to 25. I do feel slightly trapped on it though as any non meat foods hurt my stomach and give me gas, messy poops and low energy with a few exceptions.

Yes I definatly think the fasting like effects are a huge part of the resluts.

It seems extreme only from the outside, I scoffed at the idea of carnivore and vegan when I first saw them. I lecture a nutrition seminar at my gym and consider myself very open minded, I try to avoid the extremes such as "this food is never good" "this is the best food" "that diet is the best/worst" etc

From the outside in a "bodybuilding diet" can look extreme. I dont know what yours is like but if its classic bodybuilding then your average person would think youre as wild as bodybuilders think carnivore is. Whats funny is the way im currently eating is probably closer to the way we ate long ago and possibly for the longest length of time. Look at those who still live off the land in africa, amazon and north pole, that is more similar if not the same as the carnivore diet (i actually hate that name for it) than say the standard uk/us or bodybuilding diet. This does not of course mean that it is superior but it does give it a sense of normality.
    Nah, I eat a mixed, whole food based diet. I post food pics in the meals eating now thread.

I do feel slightly trapped on it though as any non meat foods hurt my stomach and give me gas, messy poops and low energy with a few exceptions.
    This seems like a significant downside. Is this from the yogurt or the taco bell? because if it is from the drive thru, those symptoms come w/ the territory. But seriously, isn't think kind of rigidity a bad sign?

How do you reconcile avoiding extremes with going from veganism to the carnivore diet?

Snickering at this getting banished to nut misc.

Nah, I eat a mixed, whole food based diet. I post food pics in the meals eating now thread.

This seems like a significant downside. Is this from the yogurt or the taco bell? because if it is from the drive thru, those symptoms come w/ the territory. But seriously, isn't think kind of rigidity a bad sign?

How do you reconcile avoiding extremes with going from veganism to the carnivore diet?
    You are surely aware that a classic bodybuilding diet is seen as something obscure to the public. Although it is becoming more maknstream now.

When i say it makes me feel not so good i mean it makes me feel like i used to. I didnt feel bad then but i just feel so great now so when i eat other foods it makes me feel “normal”.

Ive not personally had a taco bell, i live in scotland, i used that as an example. Regular plain yohurt from a shop called tesco. Dairy is no problem. Loads of foods are actually not that but but i just get the best results being strict.

I am a resercher as well and so any extemes are not in the diets/protocols etc but rather in the perception of other people.

user420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely keep us posted if you stay on it. My biggest concern is getting sick of the taste. There are so many ways you can make food with ground beef but take away the spices and veggies like onions/garlic etc and I'll be sick of the taste by day 2. Ribeye is good but expensive. I would probably get sick of that too if I could afford it. Isn't that the biggest challenge?
    If spices are ok AND we can use other meats like chicken and fish then we're golden. But from my limited research the best way is to stick to red meat?

Originally Posted by user420 View Post
    Definitely keep us posted if you stay on it. My biggest concern is getting sick of the taste. There are so many ways you can make food with ground beef but take away the spices and veggies like onions/garlic etc and I'll be sick of the taste by day 2. Ribeye is good but expensive. I would probably get sick of that too if I could afford it. Isn't that the biggest challenge?
    If spices are ok AND we can use other meats like chicken and fish then we're golden. But from my limited research the best way is to stick to red meat?
    I as well as others have found that the tastebuds totally change as well as the whole hunger sensation. Mince pressed into a burger pattie seems totally different. I can even tell the difference between different cuts of meat too. Methods of cooking suddenly seem far more varied than they used to. Let me know how you get on.

Yes have other meats, spices, pepper etc.

I as well as others have found that the tastebuds totally change as well as the whole hunger sensation. Mince pressed into a burger pattie seems totally different. I can even tell the difference between different cuts of meat too. Methods of cooking suddenly seem far more varied than they used to. Let me know how you get on.

Yes have other meats, spices, pepper etc.
    Good to know. Would you say it's more difficult to put on muscle on this diet? My main goal is to put on size but I also have a severe computer eye syndrome which I'm hoping this will help. If putting on size is difficult then I'll probably eat plain white rice on days I lift. More like an elimination diet so I get to the roof of my eye problem. One concern would be vitamin C. I think Shawn Baker was saying that if you don't take in carbs you won't need nearly as much vitamin C. If I don't take C especially on leg days I get sick. I'm thinking if I do incorporate some sort of easy to digest carbs like white rice I'll need to take in more vitamin C. Thoughts?

Good to know. Would you say it's more difficult to put on muscle on this diet? My main goal is to put on size but I also have a severe computer eye syndrome which I'm hoping this will help. If putting on size is difficult then I'll probably eat plain white rice on days I lift. More like an elimination diet so I get to the roof of my eye problem. One concern would be vitamin C. I think Shawn Baker was saying that if you don't take in carbs you won't need nearly as much vitamin C. If I don't take C especially on leg days I get sick. I'm thinking if I do incorporate some sort of easy to digest carbs like white rice I'll need to take in more vitamin C. Thoughts?
    Ive been lifting for 15 years and excluding the initial 2 years, ive put on more muscle in the first 3 months of carnivore than probably the previous 5 years combined. colleagues, gym members and the wife are all convinced im on the juice, i **** you not. My strength has shot up too! I dont know about your sight issue, thats not my area but the best of luck with that.

Ive been lifting for 15 years and excluding the initial 2 years, ive put on more muscle in the first 3 months of carnivore than probably the previous 5 years combined. colleagues, gym members and the wife are all convinced im on the juice, i **** you not. My strength has shot up too! I dont know about your sight issue, thats not my area but the best of luck with that.
    That's amazing! What does your intake look like before and after your workout? I usually don't workout on empty stomach and I drink an organic gatorade in the first half, sip on whey protein with dextrose for the second half. On this diet I assume you're drinking nothing but water during workout? I'd probably feel shaky and need sugar but I assume I will eventually adapt to it. Anyways, thanks for sharing your experience!

Anastasis95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1.Do you count your calories now?
    2.Do you use whey protein now and if you do do you choose with flavor or not(because its out of this diet i think)
    3.Do you do a strict diet?If you don't, do you use any brocoli or mushrooms or any other plant, anything besides meat?
    4Any other supplements like multivitamins? Anything that you believe you should take because with this diet is deficient.
    5Whats your opinion with the bacteria we have and how are they affect in this diet?

That's amazing! What does your intake look like before and after your workout? I usually don't workout on empty stomach and I drink an organic gatorade in the first half, sip on whey protein with dextrose for the second half. On this diet I assume you're drinking nothing but water during workout? I'd probably feel shaky and need sugar but I assume I will eventually adapt to it. Anyways, thanks for sharing your experience!
    I used to get hypo all the time, I have not yet been hypo while on carnivore no matter how hard I push myself. Yes, just water. My whole hunger and eating behaviour has completely changed too. I used to eat 8 meals per day now im on 2-4.

Originally Posted by Anastasis95 View Post
    1.Do you count your calories now?
    2.Do you use whey protein now and if you do do you choose with flavor or not(because its out of this diet i think)
    3.Do you do a strict diet?If you don't, do you use any brocoli or mushrooms or any other plant, anything besides meat?
    4Any other supplements like multivitamins? Anything that you believe you should take because with this diet is deficient.
    5Whats your opinion with the bacteria we have and how are they affect in this diet?

1. no i dont count calories, I have ran the numbers out of curiosity and it was 3000 and 3700. Calories are quite inaccurate especially when there is so much fat and protein as there is a huge thermogenic effect etc.

2. I do use whey, not to supplement of course but more as an emergency food. I cycle to work and so cant commute on a full stomach so I'll slam a shake if im running late, i try not to do this too often. When im trying to cut down on milk ill use whey as a substitute and if i ever feel the need for something sweet which is rarely. Probably about 1 whey shake per week at max.

3. I run it pretty strict, the more days i can go 100% strict the more immense my physique comes through. Where i am not strict would be; whey as mentioned earlier, sometimes peanut butter for similar reasons, ive really cut down but i was eating 2 squares daily of 95% chocolate (tea and coffee is "allowed" but i dont consume those and so chocolate was my fix). Thats pretty much the only areas where ive not been strict over the last 7 months now although recently ive been looking at introducing carbs for super intense training periods. Ill consume rice and corn for this and only do so when i feel that my body needs that extra hel in recovering when ive trained hard and training hard the next day too.

4. I take vitamin D3 500 iu, which id take no matter my diet, omega 3 fish oil, magnesium 200mg and even though i dont believe i need it i also take a vitamin c of 250mg. I eat pork once, lamb, liver and fish once per week to hit all the necessary requirements too.

5. we know more about space than we do about the bottom of the ocean and we know more about the bottom of the ocean than we do about our gut biome. If anyone tells you they know whats up in the gut they are talking out of their ass, pun intended. In my experience, my digestion and bowel movements are far better and cleaner on carnivore also ive had close to zero flatulence in the last 7 months. Honestly ive probably passed as much gas in the last 7 months that i usually would in the course of a single day.

BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000)
    why are u doing the carnivore diet?
    Second by second, you lose the opportunity of becoming the person you want to be.

Originally Posted by BIGNHYOOGE View Post
    why are u doing the carnivore diet?
    Thats a good question. How I got into it; I am a pt and hold nutrition seminars, I study nutrition in my spare time. Id heard of this 'diet' and shrugged it off as ridiculous. It kept popping up on my radar and Im reading about its benefits of people with autoimmune disorders and gastrointestinal issues. That would be my mum and my sister.

Im researching it for them and then just get curious of it for myself. The protocol suggested is to run it for a minimum of 30 days not including a transition period which could be 2-4 weeks. Then if all is well try for 90 days and so on. 30 days in and Im feeling amazing, i dont need to eat as often as eating 8 times a day is a curse, i no longer got hypo which was happening regularly, recovery from training went from 5 days to as quick as 1.5 days. Flatulence went away, not that i farted much but now i never do. Body fat dropped, muscle went up quite significantly, ive been training from 15 yeas and honestly, i made more progress to my physique in those 3 months than I have probably in the last 5 years.

It was not longer something im trying out, its now something im doing for the immense benefits. I just cant look back now. I wish i had done this years ago. I would love to see where my health and fitness would be then.

I'm about 2 weeks in and so far I only had 1 or 2 days that I felt mentally sharper. Other days are pretty normal but low energy. What really sucks is that I'm getting smaller. I know it's probably just water weight and some fat but I would rather keep my size even if it wasn't all muscle. Hopefully I'll start adding mass again once I get enough energy to go back to the gym. Can't wait to go back to a more normal diet once I figure out if there's a food that's hurting my eyes.

I'm about 2 weeks in and so far I only had 1 or 2 days that I felt mentally sharper. Other days are pretty normal but low energy. What really sucks is that I'm getting smaller. I know it's probably just water weight and some fat but I would rather keep my size even if it wasn't all muscle. Hopefully I'll start adding mass again once I get enough energy to go back to the gym. Can't wait to go back to a more normal diet once I figure out if there's a food that's hurting my eyes.
    Take your time on the transition. Tun it for at least 30 days 100% strict and take it from there.

Have a listen to this.

https://humanperformanceoutliers.lib...elliot-overton

dannybaus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m two weeks into a strict carnivore diet and I haven’t had a solid poop yet. And by that I means it’s completely runny and somewhat explosive. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Originally Posted by dannybaus View Post
    I’m two weeks into a strict carnivore diet and I haven’t had a solid poop yet. And by that I means it’s completely runny and somewhat explosive. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    Defiantly not. Something is wrong there. What exactly are you eating? How much water are you consuming? Whats your salt like? It sounds like it could be an electrolyte imbalance, sodium, potassium, magnesium. That can be thrown out initially when carbs are dropped. Potassium from lo salt, sodium from regular salt, magnesium from a magnesium supplement. It could be mild food poisoning or maybe the diet is just not for you.