AAHESTER is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is my intermittent fasting making me fat?

Okay so I'm new to intermittent fasting and tbh bodybuilding and being health conscious in general so...sorry if I'm making an ass of myself but I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm merely being impatient. I'm 5'6 and weigh 140 pounds. My goal is to gain muscle and shed this fat, im what one would categorize as skinny fat imo. My macros are 1,680 calories. 50% carbs, 30%protein and 20%fat. I just idk this whole thread is kinda everywhere I'm sorry, I just want to know if this looks okay to you guys? I eat two meals a day. One at 12pm and one at 6pm. Idk why but I find getting all my carbs in kinda difficult so I make this huge bowl of oatmeal for breakfast which is like three servings of oatmeal, a banana and a heaping spoon of peanut butter. Lol may not be alot so some of you bigger guys but for me it's pretty satiating. So here's my thing. Is my diet messed up? Am I doing something wrong? I haven't been doing this for too long, maybe like two months if I'm being honest but I want to know in advance so I can change it up if this looks like I'm still not doing it right. Tbh my friend told me that IIFIYM is bull**** and that regardless if it fits in your carb intake for the day, itll still settle as fat if you consume too many carbs in one sitting and now I'm sorta messed up. Haha sorry for all of this but I really appreciate any help and guidance you all can give me.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Firstly your goal should probably be more geared towards muscle gain. Losing weight from 140lbs is not going to end well, we see this time and again.

Your friend doesn't know squat about metabolic pathways. No, IF and carbs don't make you fat - only a consistent excess of calories will do that.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much weight have you lost in those 2 months?
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Start by reading the stickies.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, you are doing something wrong. Read the sticky threads and absorb the information in there, then take it from there.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And because they're so hard to find..........

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you're done reading the stickies just know you can pretty much disregard any further advice from your friend. He's made it clear in one line he doesn't know what hes talking about.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AAHESTER View Post
    Okay so I'm new to intermittent fasting and tbh bodybuilding and being health conscious in general so...sorry if I'm making an ass of myself but I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm merely being impatient. I'm 5'6 and weigh 140 pounds. My goal is to gain muscle and shed this fat, im what one would categorize as skinny fat imo. My macros are 1,680 calories. 50% carbs, 30%protein and 20%fat. I just idk this whole thread is kinda everywhere I'm sorry, I just want to know if this looks okay to you guys? I eat two meals a day. One at 12pm and one at 6pm. Idk why but I find getting all my carbs in kinda difficult so I make this huge bowl of oatmeal for breakfast which is like three servings of oatmeal, a banana and a heaping spoon of peanut butter. Lol may not be alot so some of you bigger guys but for me it's pretty satiating. So here's my thing. Is my diet messed up? Am I doing something wrong? I haven't been doing this for too long, maybe like two months if I'm being honest but I want to know in advance so I can change it up if this looks like I'm still not doing it right. Tbh my friend told me that IIFIYM is bull**** and that regardless if it fits in your carb intake for the day, itll still settle as fat if you consume too many carbs in one sitting and now I'm sorta messed up. Haha sorry for all of this but I really appreciate any help and guidance you all can give me.
    Carbohydrates do not turn in to fat. Your friend is an idiot.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know what's really good at turning into fat?

Fat.

Try dropping a tiny bit of oil onto another bit of oil... see what happens. Then, do the same thing with some corn syrup + oil and get back to me.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Registered User TheStrengthYogi's Avatar
    TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    In my personal experience - grains and sugar after an intermittent fast are what cause you to find yourself in a worse position than when you started

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheStrengthYogi View Post
    In my personal experience - grains and sugar after an intermittent fast are what cause you to find yourself in a worse position than when you started
    So you have a bowl of cereal and somehow are worse off then when you started? How does this make sense?

Refrigerator Lover

TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheStrengthYogi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    So you have a bowl of cereal and somehow are worse off then when you started? How does this make sense?
    For people who are prone to getting fat - it does.

No, it doesn't. Weight gain comes from too many calories. No specific food or macronutrient will make you fat on its own.

Refrigerator Lover

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    No, it doesn't. Weight gain comes from too many calories. No specific food or macronutrient will make you fat on its own.
    Too many factors to consider, individual metabolic factors; GI of food, insulinemic and glycemic response to certain food, macros, exercise plan - but lets say all lifestyle factors being equal - considering what I said in the previous post, some people will get fatter than others doing this.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How did you come to this conclusion?

Too many factors to consider, individual metabolic factors; GI of food, insulinemic and glycemic response to certain food, macros, exercise plan - but lets say all lifestyle factors being equal - considering what I said in the previous post, some people will get fatter than others doing this.
    Regardless of all those factors, you will not gain fat if you're not in a caloric surplus so you're still wrong. I'm not about to continue arguing with someone who plans on starting a milk and honey diet though so you do you.

Refrigerator Lover

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No... no they won't... unless you have a disease... and even then, the overwhelming majority of any fat gain/loss scenario will be dictated by energy balance. You do not even need insulin to store fat.

If you consume more energy than your body expends, that energy is stored. Yes, there will be SOME variations (ie - if the surplus is 100% protein and your dietary fat is extremely low, you won't gain as much bodyfat as having a low-protein, high fat, and high carb diet), but in general you cannot escape the general process of fat storage.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was obese as a young teenager and overweight at 233lbs only two years ago so I would say I should be a suitable prone person to be fat......

Oh damn my hot cross bun (yes the UK have them out already) and my banana cream mousse today will make me become massive tomorrow!!!!

....... Na you know what does excess calories/ overeating, as a kid I ate a packet of custard creams a day with all my other food. And two years ago I got big and fat by over eating protein (yes this is possible as well Yogi). No macro makes you fat or skinny excessive calories do that.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol you literally have no clue what you're talking about. You sound like you are hitting year 2 of a bio program and think you know way more than you do.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

Why watch a comedy movie when there's free gems like this thread available for free?

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This thread is love. This thread is life.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261