SelfBetterment is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help me be happy with what I look like

Hello, thank you for giving me your time, here are my goals, for those who are not into long stories, my goals are not far down. Also, long story below that for those who want to know. Pics are in my bio for reference to target what im doing wrong.

Side question: am I 17% body fat like the website predicts I am.

Primary Goal: Lose fat to be 6% while gaining muscle to keep my weight of 200.

Secondary Goal: Gain muscle without getting fat after reaching my Primary Goal above, and be the healthiest me for life, never quitting gym and health.

Story, I was 18 fat, 225lb, with no muscle and strength, max bicep curl 10lb one hand, max bench 85lb, everything was on that level of weak. I went vegetarian ate just salad and simple sandwiches daily and lifted 7 days a week, got down to 155lb in 1.5 years, went for mass over another 2 years got to 185 pretty good, but never had a six pack abs. I quit the gym due to work life for a year, got back, quit again, got back, quit again, tried a 1000 calorie a day max diet for a year, didnt get me abs, just tired, hair loss, and body failure overall in things I was proud of. I just keep quitting the gym because I never get my body to look how I want. Now I am 27, 6ft tall, 36 waist, 16in arms, embarassing body overall, belly fat and fat stored on me, far from a six pack, and not muscular enough to have a six pack and 6%bf percent at 200lb current weight. I want to get to my goal then just focus on health and doing it forever, it would be nice to get 18 inch arms, six pack abs, and be strong, and keep moving towards better with no goal besides long life.
    Currently my maxes are as follows
    Bench is 265, but it hurts my shoulders so i rarely do more than one rep, 2 absolute max, and that too once a month usually i do 225
    Bicep curl 70lb right arm, 65lb right arm, 1 rep, not even close to two, 130 on bar only for some reason
    Deadlift 350, hurts too much so I only do 315 max usually when I go to the gym
    I want to be stronger also, have more muscle and big arms, be less fat, not be embarassed of my body, and how I lost my way and no look like I gave up on life. Also I need to do so natural, i never take that chemical stuff, powders or pills. Im natural, and want to stay that way.

I currently lift 7 days a week usually , I go in, and mix it up usually,
    Example,
    Chest, back day 1
    Shoulders traps abs day 2
    Biceps triceps day 3
    Lower body day 4
    Day 5, do whatever isnt sore
    Day 6 repeat from day 1 or have a day off
    I do 1-6 reps 4 sets, 8-10 reps 4 sets, then drop set till failure for most muscles
    Diet
    I eat 1500-2000 calories a day, usually carbs only pre working out, and intermittent fast, i drink a fresh juice for breakfast, with almonds as a snack, greek yogurt for lunch with a flax seed toast pbj, dinner chicken breasts with different salads or flavors or chicken meal to get me to 1500-2000 cals

Its been 3 months like this, but i just cant get what I want on my body, i made some progress sure, but still no abs, not strong enough, I am embarassed of my fat stores, and cant get muscles big enough for my goal. I know I may have repeated things im just so upset, and need help, I need to know how I can get to my goals and soon, 1 month I pray, im willing to eat 1000 calories a day, do the gym twice a day, morning and night if thats what it takes and probably whatever else is needed, i have tried those methods before but maybe I did it wrong?

Help me be happy in the mirror when I see myself.
    Thank you
    Last edited by SelfBetterment; 01-07-2019 at 02:39 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Post a pic if you want an accurate opinion but I think you nailed it when you said this: "not muscular enough to have a six pack" - so at 155lbs, muscle gain is the most likely advice. You'll just have to set aside losing excess fat for now.

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I took a look at your gallery and you look more like 20-25% fat.
    This means that in order to be 6% at the same weight (which you don't need and you will NEVER be naturally, as many bodybuilders are >6% on stage!) you have to gain 35-40 lbs of lean mass.
    That will never happen to a natural athlete that eats 1500-2000 Cal/day. Either you cut or bulk insanely (+40 lbs is insane and is a lifetime target for most human beings).
    I suggest you to set more realistic targets and to work on a target at once: bulk first, and when you are satisfied with your mass and strength, cut to 10-12% fat (achievable and rewarding, you will see your abs with such %).

Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spoken36 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    6% fat is not healthy for anybody.

Be a good thing to not make goals based on bodyweights. Bodyweight is useful only to understand trends caused by diet changes.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Natty1980 View Post
    Well, I took a look at your gallery and you look more like 20-25% fat.
    This means that in order to be 6% at the same weight (which you don't need and you will NEVER be naturally, as many bodybuilders are >6% on stage!) you have to gain 35-40 lbs of lean mass.
    That will never happen to a natural athlete that eats 1500-2000 Cal/day. Either you cut or bulk insanely (+40 lbs is insane and is a lifetime target for most human beings).
    I suggest you to set more realistic targets and to work on a target at once: bulk first, and when you are satisfied with your mass and strength, cut to 10-12% fat (achievable and rewarding, you will see your abs with such %).
    ^^^^ This right here.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SelfBetterment View Post
    Hello, thank you for giving me your time, here are my goals, for those who are not into long stories, my goals are not far down. Also, long story below that for those who want to know. Pics are in my bio for reference to target what im doing wrong.

Side question: am I 17% body fat like the website predicts I am.

Primary Goal: Lose fat to be 6% while gaining muscle to keep my weight of 200.

Secondary Goal: Gain muscle without getting fat after reaching my Primary Goal above, and be the healthiest me for life, never quitting gym and health.

Story, I was 18 fat, 225lb, with no muscle and strength, max bicep curl 10lb one hand, max bench 85lb, everything was on that level of weak. I went vegetarian ate just salad and simple sandwiches daily and lifted 7 days a week, got down to 155lb in 1.5 years, went for mass over another 2 years got to 185 pretty good, but never had a six pack abs. I quit the gym due to work life for a year, got back, quit again, got back, quit again, tried a 1000 calorie a day max diet for a year, didnt get me abs, just tired, hair loss, and body failure overall in things I was proud of. I just keep quitting the gym because I never get my body to look how I want. Now I am 27, 6ft tall, 36 waist, 16in arms, embarassing body overall, belly fat and fat stored on me, far from a six pack, and not muscular enough to have a six pack and 6%bf percent at 200lb current weight. I want to get to my goal then just focus on health and doing it forever, it would be nice to get 18 inch arms, six pack abs, and be strong, and keep moving towards better with no goal besides long life.
    Currently my maxes are as follows
    Bench is 265, but it hurts my shoulders so i rarely do more than one rep, 2 absolute max, and that too once a month usually i do 225
    Bicep curl 70lb right arm, 65lb right arm, 1 rep, not even close to two, 130 on bar only for some reason
    Deadlift 350, hurts too much so I only do 315 max usually when I go to the gym
    I want to be stronger also, have more muscle and big arms, be less fat, not be embarassed of my body, and how I lost my way and no look like I gave up on life. Also I need to do so natural, i never take that chemical stuff, powders or pills. Im natural, and want to stay that way.

I currently lift 7 days a week usually , I go in, and mix it up usually,
    Example,
    Chest, back day 1
    Shoulders traps abs day 2
    Biceps triceps day 3
    Lower body day 4
    Day 5, do whatever isnt sore
    Day 6 repeat from day 1 or have a day off
    I do 1-6 reps 4 sets, 8-10 reps 4 sets, then drop set till failure for most muscles
    Diet
    I eat 1500-2000 calories a day, usually carbs only pre working out, and intermittent fast, i drink a fresh juice for breakfast, with almonds as a snack, greek yogurt for lunch with a flax seed toast pbj, dinner chicken breasts with different salads or flavors or chicken meal to get me to 1500-2000 cals

Its been 3 months like this, but i just cant get what I want on my body, i made some progress sure, but still no abs, not strong enough, I am embarassed of my fat stores, and cant get muscles big enough for my goal. I know I may have repeated things im just so upset, and need help, I need to know how I can get to my goals and soon, 1 month I pray, im willing to eat 1000 calories a day, do the gym twice a day, morning and night if thats what it takes and probably whatever else is needed, i have tried those methods before but maybe I did it wrong?

Help me be happy in the mirror when I see myself.
    Thank you
    What you want isn't possible in the time frame you're allowing. To be 6% body fat at 200lbs of weight you'd need to train for about 6+ years naturally and that would be 6 years of doing literally everything right. And even then i doubt you could get there. No offense but your goals are outlandish and likely will never happen. It's the truth, and you need a more realistic goal. You also might benefit from seeing a therapist to talk to.
    Currently: traveling + MA Forensic Psych

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Albania 2021, Scotland 2021

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You have zero knowledge about how things work. Plan a very long process to get in decent shape. Face a few facts including that you will not achieve 6% with any kind of muscle on your body. Start by reading the stickies on fatloss. Concentrate on that.

Calorie deficit, protein and a proven beginner weightlifting program. Start there
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough