WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Help me with my sumo deadlift

Three weeks ago I started working on learning sumo deadlift. My form in this video is much better than the first two weeks where my hips were shooting up but I still feel like I'm losing power somewhere.

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Torso seems like it should be a bit more upright. Also looks like you have a tougher time off the floor than the lockout. Try some deficit deads, pause reps, or speed reps with lighter weights to improve explosiveness off the floor

WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WildcatDave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KDG730 View Post
    Torso seems like it should be a bit more upright. Also looks like you have a tougher time off the floor than the lockout. Try some deficit deads, pause reps, or speed reps with lighter weights to improve explosiveness off the floor
    If I get more upright then my hips tend to shoot up first. The more I watch the video, it looks like my left arm is flexed, need to clean that up. I'll start some paused reps next week.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WildcatDave View Post
    If I get more upright then my hips tend to shoot up first. The more I watch the video, it looks like my left arm is flexed, need to clean that up. I'll start some paused reps next week.
    Can't really see anything from that video.. Get a better angle. One straight from the side and a second one from 45 degrees while you're looking towards 0 degrees.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WildcatDave View Post
    that means it's too heavy for you, and you're not ready for it. when learning something new, always use less weight to master the form and techniques before increasing the weight. sumo deadlift requires a completely different set of form, cues, techniques, and knowledge than conventional. like above said, your torso has to be more upright when doing sumo, chest inline with the bar, butt sitting more down, knees perpendicular to the floor, knees can only lock out once the bar goes above it, and only then can you lock out your hips. you have to think about splitting the floor apart and falling backwards rather than leg pressing the bar to the knees like conventional.

Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    Can't really see anything from that video.. Get a better angle. One straight from the side and a second one from 45 degrees while you're looking towards 0 degrees.
    I'm get a better angle next time.

Originally Posted by blazy4lyfe View Post
    that means it's too heavy for you, and you're not ready for it. when learning something new, always use less weight to master the form and techniques before increasing the weight. sumo deadlift requires a completely different set of form, cues, techniques, and knowledge than conventional. like above said, your torso has to be more upright when doing sumo, chest inline with the bar, butt sitting more down, knees perpendicular to the floor, knees can only lock out once the bar goes above it, and only then can you lock out your hips. you have to think about splitting the floor apart and falling backwards rather than leg pressing the bar to the knees like conventional.
    After looking at my other videos again, my back wasn't more vertical. My sumo setup looks too much like my conventional setup. I'll definitely lower the weight and work on getting my back more vertical.

Here is my latest attempts at sumo. It's a little better but my hips are still high. What can I do to get them lower?