sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100) sumi614 is not very well liked. (-100)

Question Strong Curves on a bulk?

I'm brand new here and i was planning on asking this under teen bodybuilding, but felt like I would get better responses under this section (Im 15, female btw)

I've been doing the Strong Curves program and am on week 11 of BB and so far really enjoying the strength gains. When I got started I was clueless on calories and macros but I've now got it on track. I started off at around 24% bodyfat (142lbs) and right now am down to 21-22% at 135-6lbs. I know monitors aren't all that accurate but just for reference. I want to start a bulking phase next month because I feel like I am lean enough even though I tend to carry fat in my stomach so my abs aren't showing. Currently eating ~1800 cals and trying to figure out my maintenace.

I was just wondering if Strong Curves is a good/optimal program to follow while bulking? The book doesn't talk about bulking but just recomping and cutting. Is training my muscles 4x a week (as the program tells us to) too much? I'm really enjoying the workouts so hopefully I can stick with it but would really appreciate some advice!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sumi614 View Post
    I was just wondering if Strong Curves is a good/optimal program to follow while bulking? The book doesn't talk about bulking but just recomping and cutting. Is training my muscles 4x a week (as the program tells us to) too much? I'm really enjoying the workouts so hopefully I can stick with it but would really appreciate some advice!
    It's a great program, and as a newbie that frequency and programming is absolutely fine.

However, at 15 you should stick to maintenance, you can still make gains that way at your age. Bulking is followed by cutting (unless you're underweight, and only want to put on mass or something). A deficit isn't a great idea when you're a teen, because you're still growing, and need the calories. Lift, eat good foods but a balanced diet overall, and you'll see results. Take advantage of what you can do now, and worry about bulks and cuts later on.

And good on you for being interested in strength, and working out at your age. I wish I had started sooner myself.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

maxdroid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    15 years old, you should practice normally, do not try too hard to affect natural development.