amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Snatch form check

Hello, I’m trying to learn the olympic lifts and would appreciate any feedback that I can get on my technique.

powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by amenhotepv View Post
    Hello, I’m trying to learn the olympic lifts and would appreciate any feedback that I can get on my technique.

Hard to tell from only one lift at this angle

Decent start position, good

Controlled separation from the floor, good

You appear to be using a lot of upper body strength to muscle the bar up, and the bar is quite a distance from your body.

You are jumping forward a fair bit as you replace your feet.

You fix the bar overhead decently but are not getting depth..so its sort of like a muscle power snatch.

When I started re learning fall of 2017 some of these videos were key

This guy has won a gold medal at the olympics (2012?) listen to him.

This is a nice little complex that breaks the lifts down into components. Notice how he uses VERY light weights. I still do this one...its priceless.

Here is another nice little drill, this can help solve your jumping forward issue...read the link that accompanies it.

In all of these videos take care to observe the relationship of the bar to your thighs...and hip crease..

Make sure you program some overhead squats in your training, hold or pause at the bottom for a couple of seconds, you can pause at the top to and practice a good lockout.

Work on this stuff for a couple of months WITH LOW WEIGHTS and repost some more.

Good luck!
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out