daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fierce 5 U/L alteration questions

I asked these in the Fierce 5 comprehensive program list thread, but that thread is massive and it’s easy for posts to get lost there. Anyway, I'm moving from F5 bull body to U/L and I have a few questions.

1. For flyes and reverse flyes, is there any benefit or downside to using the fly machine instead of DB's?
    2. Is there any problem doing back squats on both lower body days instead of back squats on A and front squats on B? I would really prefer to back squat twice a week.
    3. Upper B calls for pull ups 3x8. The issue is that I can only do 3-4 pull ups at a time right now. Should I sub in lat pulldowns, just do three sets of as many pull ups as I can, or do assisted pull ups?
    Last edited by daveminnich; 12-28-2018 at 01:57 PM.

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1- nah, fly machine is superior for those exercises.
    2- Recovery might be an issue depending on a few factors but you could still try and see how it goes, could do low bar squat then hi bar the next one.
    3- You could do 3x8 chin/pull downs just fine, or assisted if you want.

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you don’t have access to an assisted pull up machine or bands, I’d use the lat pull down machine, but that’s just me. You will have far better form than struggling to force out pull ups that are only half reps by the final set.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    1- nah, fly machine is superior for those exercises.
    2- Recovery might be an issue depending on a few factors but you could still try and see how it goes, could do low bar squat then hi bar the next one.
    3- You could do 3x8 chin/pull downs just fine, or assisted if you want.
    This. All of it.
    Experience, not just theory

daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daveminnich is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    If you don’t have access to an assisted pull up machine or bands, I’d use the lat pull down machine, but that’s just me. You will have far better form than struggling to force out pull ups that are only half reps by the final set.
    My gym has an assisted pull up machine, so I can either do those or lat pulldowns.