cgainz1129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry How Can I Get My Girlfriend To Workout?

So, I am going to explain this best I can, so bear with me.

I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years. When I first met her, she was 180 pounds.

My girlfriend wasn't slim, but she wasn't fat either. I tend to like thick women, and her body type, at the time, was one I was attracted to.

During the course of the relationship, I learned my girlfriend hated working out. I don't live with my girlfriend, but I see her 2-3 times a week. Even though I'm a busy guy, I still make time for the gym and go often. However, my girlfriend, who has a gym right next to her apartment, never goes. She always makes up excuses as to why she can't go. If she does end up going, she will go a couple times a week and then stop going. I've slowly watched her go from 180 pounds to 220 pounds.

Basically, she put a lot of weight in her stomach and her thighs have gotten bigger as well.

Over the course of the year, I have been trying to work out with her, but every time we go to the gym, she only wants to go for 30 minutes. I have also been trying to motivate her with healthy eating and supplements, but she is so damn picky. For example:

-I got her weight loss pills (to assist with her fat burning at the gym). but she threw it away after 2 tries.

-I then got her weight loss tea. She tried it once and tossed it out saying it was nasty.

-I then got her some colon cleanser to help her drop weight she quit after 3 pills saying that it made her use the bathroom too much (which was the point).

-I then got her some wheat grass juice, but she nearly puked after taking a sip of it.

-I also got her chocolate protein shakes (she likes chocolate shakes), but she said that protein shakes taste nasty to her.

-I then got her and I an ab belt to use in the gym. Every time we went to the gym together, I would wear mine all the time (and still do), but she quit after a few tries because she said it was uncomfortable.

However, despite all this, she has no problem going to In and Out Burger, Taco Bell, Dominoes and smoking weed from time to time with her girls when they are in town for old times sake. She keeps saying that she will get in shape, but she will stay motivated for a week and then quit. It's really annoying. Also, I can't keep babysitting her either. I'm not sure what to do. If I just flat out tell her she is fat and needs to lose weight, that would crush her... but I feel like it's coming to that.

My girlfriend and I have a lot in common, have fun together and I love our relationship... but I don't like how unmotivated she is to workout and stay fit. Any suggestions?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cgainz1129 View Post

I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years. When I first met her, she was 180 pounds.

My girlfriend wasn't slim, but she wasn't fat either. I tend to like thick women, and her body type, at the time, was one I was attracted to.

During the course of the relationship, I learned my girlfriend hated working out. I don't live with my girlfriend, but I see her 2-3 times a week. Even though I'm a busy guy, I still make time for the gym and go often. However, my girlfriend, who has a gym right next to her apartment, never goes. She always makes up excuses as to why she can't go. If she does end up going, she will go a couple times a week and then stop going. I've slowly watched her go from 180 pounds to 220 pounds.

Basically, she put a lot of weight in her stomach and her thighs have gotten bigger as well.

Over the course of the year, I have been trying to work out with her, but every time we go to the gym, she only wants to go for 30 minutes. I have also been trying to motivate her with healthy eating and supplements, but she is so damn picky. For example:

-I got her weight loss pills (to assist with her fat burning at the gym). but she threw it away after 2 tries.

-I then got her weight loss tea. She tried it once and tossed it out saying it was nasty.

-I then got her some colon cleanser to help her drop weight she quit after 3 pills saying that it made her use the bathroom too much (which was the point).

-I then got her some wheat grass juice, but she nearly puked after taking a sip of it.

-I also got her chocolate protein shakes (she likes chocolate shakes), but she said that protein shakes taste nasty to her.

-I then got her and I an ab belt to use in the gym. Every time we went to the gym together, I would wear mine all the time (and still do), but she quit after a few tries because she said it was uncomfortable.

However, despite all this, she has no problem going to In and Out Burger, Taco Bell, Dominoes and smoking weed from time to time with her girls when they are in town for old times sake. She keeps saying that she will get in shape, but she will stay motivated for a week and then quit. It's really annoying. Also, I can't keep babysitting her either. I'm not sure what to do. If I just flat out tell her she is fat and needs to lose weight, that would crush her... but I feel like it's coming to that.

My girlfriend and I have a lot in common, have fun together and I love our relationship... but I don't like how unmotivated she is to workout and stay fit. Any suggestions?
    Suggestion? Sure. Stop nagging. She doesn't want to work out, you can't make her work out, and the more you try to push it the more she'll push back.

You be you, let her be her. If you can't accept the way she treats her body, then leave. If you don't leave, then just keep up with your own program and don't worry about hers. She'll come around when she's ready, if ever. It may very well be never. No ultimatums. Accept it, or don't. Your choice.

She's made hers.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) calumscotland has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lost cause brah sounds like she dont give a fukkk

Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You cant force someone to change. If she's not interested she's not interested.
    If she however has expressed clearly that she does want to lose weight and get fitter then remember that your way might not work for her. 30 min at the gym might be a lot for her, encourage her, don't tell her it's not good enough. I myself has started working out again after years away from the gym. To me 30 min was really exhausting in the beginning, but now I'm slowly starting to stay there longer and longer as it is becoming more fun and I'm getting stronger. Maybe there are some other activities you two can do together that she'll enjoy more? Spinning classes, hiking, bowling, jogging, yoga etc. I guess you just have to ask her what she wants. If she doesn't really want to work out then just leave it be. Enjoy the other parts of your relationship and go to the gym with your friends instead.

Registered User brittanymiller1's Avatar
    brittanymiller1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has she expressed what her goals are? Is it to simply 'be healthier' whatever that looks like or is she hoping to achieve a certain aesthetic?(like, droping 30 lbs, for ex.) I think talking about her goals, while keeping your goals for her to yourself, is the first step. I think once you get to the heart of HER goals, you can better decide if her motivation or lack thereof is a deal breaker for you. She may say that she doesn't want to change and is only trying because you seem to want her to. If that's the case, she will never adopt a lifestyle for good, you cannot change a person. If this isn't something she wants, you can decide if it's one of your 'must haves' in a girlfriend. Everyone's must haves are different. You may be discovering this is yours. OR this is a life lesson that's teaching you how to accept her as she is. Wishing you the best!
    -Britt

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If I just flat out tell her she is fat and needs to lose weight, that would crush her... but I feel like it's coming to that.
    This would be the right thing to do. She must have already understood that you don't like her @ 220 lbs, she just pretends it's not a problem.

levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12 levit12

just accept it, you can't make someone do something they don't want.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by brittanymiller1 View Post
    Has she expressed what her goals are? Is it to simply 'be healthier' whatever that looks like or is she hoping to achieve a certain aesthetic?(like, droping 30 lbs, for ex.) I think talking about her goals, while keeping your goals for her to yourself, is the first step. I think once you get to the heart of HER goals, you can better decide if her motivation or lack thereof is a deal breaker for you. She may say that she doesn't want to change and is only trying because you seem to want her to. If that's the case, she will never adopt a lifestyle for good, you cannot change a person. If this isn't something she wants, you can decide if it's one of your 'must haves' in a girlfriend. Everyone's must haves are different. You may be discovering this is yours. OR this is a life lesson that's teaching you how to accept her as she is. Wishing you the best!
    You need to post more often!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop buying weight-loss gimmicks for her. That's your first step. Secondly, instead of passively telling her you want her to lose weight, just come right out and say what you want to say. Being honest, open and transparent is the best you can be (especially in a relationship). You're only two years into this thing so why not get it all out in the open? Instead of tip-toeing around, just sit down with her and talk about dieting, exercising and all that other stuff.

If she isn't into it, maybe you need to move on, dude. Find you a girl that likes to run in the mornings or hit the cross-fit gym or lift weights with you.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Misc Crew

Combat Veterans Crew

realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50) realmussie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tell her shes looking chubby

gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gr3gorio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That's a hard one specially if she didn't want too. If i'm about to do it I would start by telling here she's not in a really good shape and ask here if she want to lose some weight just say it no magic words needed, if she agree with you then it's good, but if she didn't want there's nothing you can do about it at-least you try your best.

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One thing is certain is that you can't force anyone to workout. Most just don't have the fortitude for it and are too lazy to even take a walk.

Either accept her like she is or find a chic who shares yiur love of healthy living

Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Amanjaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    She seems to be fine with her body, she should not rely on motivation, she should find one true reason to change. Stop beating around the bush and tell her that you're not ok with where this is going. Call her fat if you feel like it, she might get angry, but maybe she will finally have a red light in her brain when she will be going to the Dominos.

BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000) BBB8910 is a complete loser! (-2000)

After all that, if I were your girlfriend, I would fking run away)))