TommyTwoTone1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow Any reviews out there on the new IM Super Bench Pro?

I've been shopping for an adjustable bench and was leaning toward a Rep Fitness FID or AB-5000 when I came across the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro. There's plenty of YouTube and website reviews of the original Super Bench but none of the Pro variant. Anyone that's seen the IM SB Pro in person care to share their experience or point me towards a review link?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TommyTwoTone1 View Post
    I've been shopping for an adjustable bench and was leaning toward a Rep Fitness FID or AB-5000 when I came across the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro. There's plenty of YouTube and website reviews of the original Super Bench but none of the Pro variant. Anyone that's seen the IM SB Pro in person care to share their experience or point me towards a review link?

Thanks in advance for the reply!
    They just released the bench last Friday, so I doubt they're out in the wild yet. It'll probably be at least a month or two before reviews start appearing.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Someone needs to take one for the team and do a review. I'm trying to decide if the IM's ridiculously small and low seat in the upright positions is worth the decreased weight & zero gap over the much heavier Rep bench. FWIW, I'll be dragging it around on carpet for awhile.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A bench is the one the last places I'd be looking to save weight. Heavy gauge steel and quality construction leads to a heavy product. Add a well placed handle and sturdy wheels, and you'll hardly notice the weight.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any reviews??

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMO the IM bench was plenty strong and stable, and part of it being lighter was the very minimal framework of it. the Pro addressed the biggest gripe (the height) and the next biggest (the mushy pad). However, I feel like IM was years late on making this bench right. The complaints on the height were universally consistent from the get go. Still, if that new pad is firm enough I think that bench will feel as solid as some commercial benches ive seen.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

RockStar In Life! rockstarinlife's Avatar
    rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have owned the Original IM Super Bench and love everything about it except the hight which really sucks. I am 6ft and I feel like it's too high for me. Maybe if I was 7ft it would be perfect.

I am thinking about getting the newer pro version because I havent been able to find another adjustable bench that has this many adjustments from flat to 5, 10, 20, 30 etc. Most benches jump from 0 to 20 or 30 and miss the between the 0 to 20 mark.

The Rogue gets close but not as good as the IM adjustments.

I will probably purchase the Pro version in the next 2 weeks.
    Be a RockStar In Your Life... And Make The World Your Stage!

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rockstarinlife View Post
    I have owned the Original IM Super Bench and love everything about it except the hight which really sucks. I am 6ft and I feel like it's too high for me. Maybe if I was 7ft it would be perfect.

I am thinking about getting the newer pro version because I havent been able to find another adjustable bench that has this many adjustments from flat to 5, 10, 20, 30 etc. Most benches jump from 0 to 20 or 30 and miss the between the 0 to 20 mark.

The Rogue gets close but not as good as the IM adjustments.

I will probably purchase the Pro version in the next 2 weeks.
    Its a hack but if you want the fine tune adjustments on a bench lacking them, put a thin weight plate under the front or rear feet. I have a bunch of standard 1" cast iron pancake plates lying around that I use for dumbbells, I sometimes use the 5 lb ones for getting a couple extra degrees of adjustment on my bench.
    Last edited by ampire; 02-17-2019 at 10:41 AM.

rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockstarinlife will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Update

Update: I just ordered the Super Bench Pro. I will make a quick video going over the difference since I still have the original super bench as well.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Its a hack but if you want the fine tune adjustments on a bench lacking them, put a thin weight plate under the front or rear feet. I have a bunch of standard 1" cast iron pancake plates lying around that I use for dumbbells, I sometimes use the 5 lb ones for getting a couple extra degrees of adjustment on my bench.
    Yep good thinking. Years ago thats what we used to do as well.

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    looking forward to the review. if that is a real firm pad i may pull the trigger.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Update: I just ordered the Super Bench Pro. I will make a quick video going over the difference since I still have the original super bench as well.
    Nice. Appreciate it. They make a good product...no idea why they didn't fix the height issue sooner or ever released with that height. It's not like you hear people complaining about "low" benches.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    looking forward to the review. if that is a real firm pad i may pull the trigger.
    I just got the pro bench yesterday and put it together last night. I only laid on it once real quick and to me it feels about as firm as the original. It doesn’t look as thick but still firm.

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Nice. Appreciate it. They make a good product...no idea why they didn't fix the height issue sooner or ever released with that height. It's not like you hear people complaining about "low" benches.
    Yeah I agree. I’m guessing they just didn’t want to deal with having to redisign all the accessories and deal with customers upset they don’t fit the original bench.

So for a video review what are the biggest questions you want answered on the pro bench?

I just got the pro bench yesterday and put it together last night. I only laid on it once real quick and to me it feels about as firm as the original. It doesn’t look as thick but still firm.
    if it feels about like the original superbench pad, then its a no go for me. that superbench pad way waaay too mushy for my liking.

gahdzila has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking forward to your review @rockstarinlife

I've started putting together my home gym, and I went with the old style Superbench. Leg curl attachment was a must-have for me, and they didn't have one yet to fit the Pro version.

It is a bit tall, but my legs are super long. The height is just fine for me, I can still get good leg drive for benchpress. I'm extremely pleased with mine. No regrets.

ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParxPoker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can you put the wheels on the back end? Is the seat too low when the bench is at an 85 degree angle? Pad firm? Situp attachment comfortable?

Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    if it feels about like the original superbench pad, then its a no go for me. that superbench pad way waaay too mushy for my liking.
    So the new pro bench is a little more firm and feels more like the cybex commercial bench at the gym I use there. I like it.

Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Looking forward to your review @rockstarinlife

I've started putting together my home gym, and I went with the old style Superbench. Leg curl attachment was a must-have for me, and they didn't have one yet to fit the Pro version.

It is a bit tall, but my legs are super long. The height is just fine for me, I can still get good leg drive for benchpress. I'm extremely pleased with mine. No regrets.
    Yeah I am keeping my original bench for now too so I can use it for leg extensions and curls until the pro has leg attachments too. The height of the pro is so much better though and pad is more firm and feels perfect.

Originally Posted by ParxPoker View Post
    Can you put the wheels on the back end? Is the seat too low when the bench is at an 85 degree angle? Pad firm? Situp attachment comfortable?
    The wheels come with the pro which is great. The pad is a little more firm than the original and feels perfect to me. I finally used it for shoulder presses and felt the seat was perfect height at 85 degree angle. My legs where at good height and I’m 6ft. Wasn’t too low.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I am keeping my original bench for now too so I can use it for leg extensions and curls until the pro has leg attachments too. The height of the pro is so much better though and pad is more firm and feels perfect.
    I see the new leg attachment is available for preorder and is expected to ship on March 21. It's the same basic design as the original, but because the Pro bench must be set to a 10 degree incline when using it, everything is at a slight angle.

Attached Images
    Last edited by weisgarb; 03-10-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    I see the new leg attachment is available for preorder and is expected to ship on March 21. It's the same basic design as the original, but because the Pro bench must be set to a 10 degree incline when using is, everything is at a slight angle.

Why didn't the just make the front leg of the leg attachment shorter? 45 lb plate requirement?

Too bad they didn't put additional under-pad seat square-tube mounts at that end, or you could put the seat on backwards and then have a lumbar back rest while using the leg attachment.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Why didn't the just make the front leg of the leg attachment shorter? 45 lb plate requirement?
    Because it would only work for people who are 5' 6" or shorter. Some people complain of their feet hitting the floor with the existing 21" bench. Lower that 3-4" and it become unusable for most of the population

Because it would only work for people who are 5' 6" or shorter. Some people complain of their feet hitting the floor with the existing 21" bench. Lower that 3-4" and it become unusable for most of the population
    Makes sense.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    They should’ve made the new pad 12” wide.

I see the new leg attachment is available for preorder and is expected to ship on March 21. It's the same basic design as the original, but because the Pro bench must be set to a 10 degree incline when using it, everything is at a slight angle.

Thanks for the heads up and just ordered it.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wheres the vid
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

I figured I would wait until the leg attachment came in since it wasn’t released until end of March. Got it installed and will make the video soon. Got backed up in my biz and bought a bunch more of equip for the home gym. Went a little crazy on buying stuff.

I only used the leg attachment once so far and really hate the angle compared to the old one which was flat level of bench. The new one needs to be somewhere around 10 degrees to work. It’s fine for leg curls but not great for leg extensions. Feels like you’re falling backwards while trying to do leg ext. it would be fine if it had a backrest. Just a bad angle.

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    wheres the vid

yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting thoughts on the seat angle. I don't think i have ever seen a commercial leg extension machine that was not sloped backwards.