Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    You will like it SRS.
    How much weight you do/recommend for sets w/the thing?

It arrived in the mail yesterday btw. Looks like a handle bar for a mini-bike. LOL.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    How much weight you do/recommend for sets w/the thing?

It arrived in the mail yesterday btw. Looks like a handle bar for a mini-bike. LOL.
    I usually only use 25lb plates for greater ROM when I sue that handle 35s are fine too, 45s keep you from that last bit of back contraction at the top. Probably start around 75-100lbs plate weight and get the feel for them then add weight to whatever rep range you are going to work. Typically I’ll do my heavy rows with a barbell pendlay rows or BORs in the 5-6 rep range nd if I’m going to Tbar row with that handle usually in the 8-10 rep range with slightly lighter weight. Play around lighter and find that right foot position and upper body angle to get the best feeling. It will hit your back everywhere when you are in the right groove. Really good ergonomics on that handle.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I usually only use 25lb plates for greater ROM when I sue that handle 35s are fine too, 45s keep you from that last bit of back contraction at the top. Probably start around 75-100lbs plate weight and get the feel for them then add weight to whatever rep range you are going to work. Typically I’ll do my heavy rows with a barbell pendlay rows or BORs in the 5-6 rep range nd if I’m going to Tbar row with that handle usually in the 8-10 rep range with slightly lighter weight. Play around lighter and find that right foot position and upper body angle to get the best feeling. It will hit your back everywhere when you are in the right groove. Really good ergonomics on that handle.
    I messed around with the new piece of equipment yesterday after my workout. Oddly, it only fits on one end of my olympic bar (not sure why one end would be thicker than the other but oh well). Anyway, this thing is sweet. Way better than the t-bar/neutral grip attachment I'm used to. I threw on 130 pounds and was knocking out sets of 10 pretty easily but sure could feel it. I think it felt best when my back was close to parallel with the floor.

One question I had is do you do these with the handles facing up (like a bike handlebar) or down? I was doing it with them facing up, but it could work either way.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I messed around with the new piece of equipment yesterday after my workout. Oddly, it only fits on one end of my olympic bar (not sure why one end would be thicker than the other but oh well). Anyway, this thing is sweet. Way better than the t-bar/neutral grip attachment I'm used to. I threw on 130 pounds and was knocking out sets of 10 pretty easily but sure could feel it. I think it felt best when my back was close to parallel with the floor.

One question I had is do you do these with the handles facing up (like a bike handlebar) or down? I was doing it with them facing up, but it could work either way.

-AJ
    Handles up.
    I do them a little more upright than parallel to the floor but whatever feels good IMO. Here's some old vids I had in my youtube using mine.

Last edited by Plateauplower; 03-07-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Handles up.
    I do them a little more upright than parallel to the floor but whatever feels good IMO. Here's some old vids I had in my youtube using mine.

Nice vids, brah. I find that if I bend over a little more--it allows me to drop the plate within a millimeter of touching the ground--then actually touch the plate to my gut when rowing it up. Definitely a lift that requires a belt for me as well.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I change-up with those Landmine Rows, Platt, but since I don't have a bar like that, I have always used a V-Bar. Different hand position I know. But, I need to see if I can rig a short bar so I can do that position for another change-up.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Nice vids, brah. I find that if I bend over a little more--it allows me to drop the plate within a millimeter of touching the ground--then actually touch the plate to my gut when rowing it up. Definitely a lift that requires a belt for me as well.

-AJ
    I was training back, biceps and legs together then, so I had the belt on because I was super setting with squats or trap bar deads, but one of the reasons I go more upright instead of parallel to the floor is that it reduces the lower back stress a good bit, its almost transferred to the hips, so the only fatigue is in the upper back. My lower back gets plenty of work with squats and deads. I really miss having access to a chest supported row apparatus, I've used an incline bench and barbell, but its just not the same

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I change-up with those Landmine Rows, Platt, but since I don't have a bar like that, I have always used a V-Bar. Different hand position I know. But, I need to see if I can rig a short bar so I can do that position for another change-up.
    Ya I use the pully handle at the commercial gym for them. The narrower grip is good too, but for whatever reason that handle just feels really good for me and hits everything. Its only like $30 tell the gym to buy one I don't work for body solid BTW just really like that handle....

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ya I use the pully handle at the commercial gym for them. The narrower grip is good too, but for whatever reason that handle just feels really good for me and hits everything. Its only like $30 tell the gym to buy one I don't work for body solid BTW just really like that handle....
    "Pulley handle." Why didn't I think of that. Great solution.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    "Pulley handle." Why didn't I think of that. Great solution.
    I always use one of these types for T-bar rows at the gym. Just slip it under the bar near the plates and start rowing

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07H372C...d-c779d924d9c8

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0006PS7...d_i=B0006PS7FY

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought about asking you for your weight x reps but knew it would be a blow to my ego . . . and now that you've posted this video, I was right I've been using higher reps for most exercises lately and I've been doing 100 x 16, but 175x8 is awesome. Beastmode!!!
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

I was training back, biceps and legs together then, so I had the belt on because I was super setting with squats or trap bar deads, but one of the reasons I go more upright instead of parallel to the floor is that it reduces the lower back stress a good bit, its almost transferred to the hips, so the only fatigue is in the upper back.
    So I've been using the lat-blaster bar a few weeks now and I think I am going to have to similarly adjust my stance to more upright. My back has been seizing up when I do them parallel and I almost have to immediately collapse to sit on a bench after doing a set because my back won't let me stand up after. Lower back is also a bit tight this morning after doing these yesterday.
    Epic Beard Man crew

I always use one of these types for T-bar rows at the gym. Just slip it under the bar near the plates and start rowing

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07H372C...d-c779d924d9c8

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0006PS7...d_i=B0006PS7FY
    Exactly what I use. The work great.