kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)

Kadem's quest using keto

I started on Dec 23, 2018. I don't know my weight yet as I've come to discover that my scale no longer works. I thought the batteries were just dead so I made a special trip to the store to pick up batteries but they did not work it is blank so I have no idea what I weigh. Basing it off past experience I am assuming I am starting around 325 lb. This is the highest I've weighed since the birth of my youngest child.

I have tried many diets and exercise programs over the years some successful some not but ultimately over the years I just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm hoping to make this attempt different by actually trying to follow an a diet program. I chose the keto diet because it is recommended for those that are morbidly obese which I am definitely on the morbidly obese side.

This is not some New year's resolution. it was actually seeing a post on ******** about the 20th anniversary of the year I went to the final four in softball that was the catalyst for wanting to change. I was 175 lb in high school I was a varsity athlete in both track as a thrower and a starting pitcher in softball, now I'm just fat. My coach had mentioned wanting to get together for a reunion and the thought of seeing my old teammates had me embarrassed and ashamed. I don't want them to see me like this.

Health is also another factor for me. I have a cousin that's been in and out of the hospital in her early forties with heart attacks and I've had two cousins at the age of 31 and 38 die already due to heart failure so heart problems run in my family. so far, I'm the only one in my generation and even in my mom's generation that has not had heart issues. I am sabotaging that by being as big as I am which is honestly stupid. Diabetes also runs in my family. My mom and sister and all grandparents and half of my cousins are all on insulin so far I have dodged that bullet but it won't be much longer unless I do something about it.

My ultimate goal is to get down to a 150lbs. I hope to achieve this by the time I'm 40. I'm going to be 38 in January so that gives me two years but as it is half my bodyweight I don't know how realistic that goal that is. I've lifted weight off and on most of my life so I do have some muscle mass I just don't know how much of that I have retained. I can squat to just over 200 for reps but by the next day and my knees are absolutely killing me so I don't do that often. My deadlift has maxed at 285 before but I haven't done it in a while so I don't know where it's sitting now. I do have a shoulder injury with my right rotator cuff that keeps my bench and other arm work on the lightweight side as most of the time I can feel it grinding and it's just not good.

Obstacles that I've caught me up in the past:
    I'm a single mom of three kids that are always wanting my attention
    I work the graveyard shift so all I want to do is sleep when I am home
    I live 30 minutes from the closest gym and I don't have one at home so I readily use that as an excuse for why I'm not going but again it's just an excuse

I have been on my diet since the 23rd and I'm using MyFitnessPal to keep track of my macros. I am doing well so far but I think I'm just starting to enter into the keto flu. I'm kinda shaky, nauseous, and I have a headache but then it could also be that my child has given me something fun to deal with.

my workouts will consist of more cardio than I normally do. I tend to lift weights more but I need to do more cardio to build up some stamina and endurance and heart health. I hate cardio. let's just get that out there. I. hate. cardio. I do enjoy lifting weights and have always had an issue with losing strength as I lose weight so then I freak out and want to eat more so my numbers go up but that is a vicious cycle to try and break. I'm hoping to get some noob gains as I start as I have a bunch of weight to lose so caloric deficit shouldn't hurt too bad. As I get down in numbers I'm hoping to just maintain my strength. Now if I can just convince my brain that that's okay and not freak out that will be good.
    Last edited by kademrulz; 12-26-2018 at 08:30 AM.

����������

kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I stopped by the y yesterday to renew my membership only to find out that it's been active the entire time. So both good and bad. Good that it was active bad that I've been paying monthly for something that I haven't been using. This particular YMCA issmall and cramped and lacking and free weights but it will have to do. I prefer my old gym membership but now that I live 45 miles away from my old gym an 80 mile round trip to go just isn't in the cards so the Y it is.

I haven't bought a new scale yet so I checked my weight using the little seated weight scale at Walmart, right now it's got me sitting at 307.2 lb. I am not trusting the accuracy of the scale but it's nice to see a lot lower number than what I was expecting. I've been on keto since the 23rd and I know I've lost quite a bit of water weight. I can even tell the difference in how my shirts fit over my gut so maybe I did originally start out at 325 and lost a lot of water but I don't know.

Today's dinner is going to be pork loin with zoodles.

����������

It looks like my weight is actually 305lbs now. Woohoo! I'm lighter than what I believed.

I've been doing great on keto until yesterday. Due to the holidays my check hasn't arrived yet so I ran out of groceries that are keto friendly. I had some pasta for dinner. I kept the portions small but I'm definitely out of ketosis.

Here's hoping the mail brings good things today🤞

����������

Last week I had two days where I ate too many carbs. My older kids were out of school and I didn't have enough non carb food. Ran out two days short of grocery day and had pancakes and pasta.

But, since Thursday, I have been back on track. The scale is dropping so I'm happy. The lowest number so far is 303. It bounces though.

����������

Took this on the Walmart scale on Dec 30, 2018

And this today Jan 9, 2019
    A bit of progress!

����������

Gotta keep going. It's only been a couple weeks and yet it feels like months. The thought of staying so focused for over a year or two is daunting. I'm breaking the time up and my first minor goal is 290 by the end of February. But even breaking it up it's hard to keep the mind from projecting further.

Today's weigh in

����������

My first workout of the year!

It's been 7 months since I've done a workout and about 6 years since I've worked out seriously. Today I decided I would try the novice routine "Fierce 5". Per instructions the weight was light...but dang am I out of shape. I forgot the tricep work 😕 and superset the calf raises with the face pulls. Stupid mistake that I'll be sure to correct next time.

squat
    WU- bar x 5
    95 x 5
    95 x 5
    95 x 5

bench
    WU- bar x 5
    65 x 5
    65 x 5
    65 x 5

Rows single arm db parallel row
    20 x 10 x 3 each arm