amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Power Clean form check

Would appreciate some feedback on my power clean form

powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The link doesn't work.

amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by amenhotepv View Post
    I slowed it down to quarter speed on YouTube and it looks good to me. I've been doing the power clean and press with dumbbells for quite some time. I suggest that you do the power snatch, too. It really helps with the clean. Trust me on this one. You'll experience an ease in the catch after a while.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it looks pretty good!, you are probably at about 85-95% for your "power clean" right ?

You have a decent start, but I would bring the top of the thighs more parallel to the ground, not 100% necessary however as some coaches like a start closer to a deadlift start (coaches who are not specifically teaching oly lifts...but lifting for strength training) whatever you do be consistent here.

You are not ripping the bar off the floor...you have a good decent controlled separation..good.

You raise you hips leading the lift, try to keep the back angle the same for a little longer, lift as a unit, try not to lead with your butt/hips.

You are not prematurely bending your arms from what I can see...good...that huge!

From this angle its hard to see how the bar is in relationship to your thighs and hips, but somewhere above your knees the bar should slide up along the thighs...because you are keeping it real close.

Try to meet the bar with your shoulders...at the height you lifted it to...don't get too far under and let it fall unto your shoulders (crashing) if its happening here...its not by much.

however you are jumping forward....a lot. this is probably a culmination of a number of technical errors (that all of us have somewhere) that is more obvious because you are probably near your max. You can fix this possibly by "nailing your start position 100% correctly" consistently. Be very aware of how you feel the weight on your foot...it should be centered in the middle of your foot at the start..(I like a bit of bias towards the heel) You can maybe eliminate the jumping forward by working with "flat foot clean pulls", and also a personal favorite: "no foot (no jump) cleans" ....with MUCH less weight, these will allow you to work on the sequence of events SMOOTHLY without your feet leaving the floor.

Good work
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I think it looks pretty good!, you are probably at about 85-95% for your "power clean" right ?

You have a decent start, but I would bring the top of the thighs more parallel to the ground, not 100% necessary however as some coaches like a start closer to a deadlift start (coaches who are not specifically teaching oly lifts...but lifting for strength training) whatever you do be consistent here.

You are not ripping the bar off the floor...you have a good decent controlled separation..good.

You raise you hips leading the lift, try to keep the back angle the same for a little longer, lift as a unit, try not to lead with your butt/hips.

You are not prematurely bending your arms from what I can see...good...that huge!

From this angle its hard to see how the bar is in relationship to your thighs and hips, but somewhere above your knees the bar should slide up along the thighs...because you are keeping it real close.

Try to meet the bar with your shoulders...at the height you lifted it to...don't get too far under and let it fall unto your shoulders (crashing) if its happening here...its not by much.

however you are jumping forward....a lot. this is probably a culmination of a number of technical errors (that all of us have somewhere) that is more obvious because you are probably near your max. You can fix this possibly by "nailing your start position 100% correctly" consistently. Be very aware of how you feel the weight on your foot...it should be centered in the middle of your foot at the start..(I like a bit of bias towards the heel) You can maybe eliminate the jumping forward by working with "flat foot clean pulls", and also a personal favorite: "no foot (no jump) cleans" ....with MUCH less weight, these will allow you to work on the sequence of events SMOOTHLY without your feet leaving the floor.

Good work
    Thanks for the feedback. I notice I am jumping forward a lot.
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by amenhotepv View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I notice I am jumping forward a lot.
    The main reason you're jumping forward is because your shoulders are behind the bar from the start and stay behind during the lift. Get your shoulders mover over the bar and stay over the bar as you lift.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100) CueFitSeattle is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    I slowed it down to quarter speed on YouTube and it looks good to me. I've been doing the power clean and press with dumbbells for quite some time. I suggest that you do the power snatch, too. It really helps with the clean. Trust me on this one. You'll experience an ease in the catch after a while.
    Raise your but up a little to get more hamstring engagement. This will also move your shoulders over the bar and shift your weight to midfoot (where it should be). Lastly, make sure you are focusing your energy on driving the bar up to a weightless point them simply dropping yourself under it. Rather than pulling the bar to you in the air or feeling the need to jump forward.
    Don't advertise here