X-BODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) X-BODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) X-BODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) X-BODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) X-BODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) X-BODY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Client with S c o l i o s i s

Hello,
    I am a new personal trainer and i have a new client(40yrs old) who have C type s c o l i o s i s and probably less than 20 degree. (she will send me dr report) We will start workout program but she wants to know how long her s****osis can be treat with exercises? 4 months 1 year etc?? or can be??
    Sorry for my bad English

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Functional or structural?

Functional comes from an imbalance of the muscles. Everyone has imbalances, like I'm right-handed, must this be "corrected"? Must I be ambidextrous before I can start training? But in theory, a functional imbalances can be entirely resolved with training. The question is whether it needs to be: is the imbalance gross enough to cause pain or hinder movement?

Structural comes from the bones themselves. Everyone has these imbalances, too, more than half the population having a significant leg length discrepancy, for example. Structural imbalances can be "corrected" only with surgery, which we have nothing to do with. And again: is the imbalance gross enough to cause pain or hinder movement?

Pain we refer them for medical advice. Hindered movement, we correct the movement. Teaching correct movement is our job.

EveryBodyspt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stretching and core strength

Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Strengthnorge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Functional or structural?

Functional comes from an imbalance of the muscles. Everyone has imbalances, like I'm right-handed, must this be "corrected"? Must I be ambidextrous before I can start training? But in theory, a functional imbalances can be entirely resolved with training. The question is whether it needs to be: is the imbalance gross enough to cause pain or hinder movement?

Structural comes from the bones themselves. Everyone has these imbalances, too, more than half the population having a significant leg length discrepancy, for example. Structural imbalances can be "corrected" only with surgery, which we have nothing to do with. And again: is the imbalance gross enough to cause pain or hinder movement?

Pain we refer them for medical advice. Hindered movement, we correct the movement. Teaching correct movement is our job.
    Kyle had the right of it. If her goal is to fix the s****osis and it is structural, you need to let her know you cannot train it away, you can just teach her to work with it. Your job will be to research and figure out what muscle imbalances can be overcome, and which ones you have to workaround.

I have worked with several people with varying levels of structural s****osis, pre and post operation. It takes a lot of work and paying attention, but you can make a huge positive impact on your clients life if you do it right.
    7 year gym owner. Lets make this industry better.