alexchong121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

which treadmill to get?

I've been looking for a treadmill to get for me and my fiance. There are two that's on sale and are pretty the same price but I have no idea on which to go for. I believe the Bowflex BXT6 is a new model but I've read that SOLE's build quality is the best.

Bowflex BXT6 Treadmill

or

SOLE F63 Treadmill

I can't post links since I need at least 50 posts.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by alexchong121 View Post
    I've been looking for a treadmill to get for me and my fiance. There are two that's on sale and are pretty the same price but I have no idea on which to go for. I believe the Bowflex BXT6 is a new model but I've read that SOLE's build quality is the best.

Bowflex BXT6 Treadmill

or

SOLE F63 Treadmill

I can't post links since I need at least 50 posts.
    I know nothing about SOLE products, but have read enough FTC complaints about bowflex stuff to advise you to stay far away.

As a general rule concerning treadmills, considering the beating they take, discount store and sporting-goods store models should be avoided. When they break down (and it's a matter of 'when,' not 'if'), not only will it be difficult to find someone to repair it, replacement parts are going to be very hard to find since most are made in China.

A good alternative would be to look into a used/refurbished commercial 'mill such as Cybex.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 12-13-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    A good alternative would be to look into a used/refurbished commercial 'mill such as Cybex.
    Agree with this, I bought a Lifefitness commercial model, it had been completely refurbished and cost about the same as a mid range home treadmill.

I've had it for 6 years, it gets regular use, apart from belt maintenance I haven't had to do anything.

RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RunWithForrest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alexchong121 View Post

Bowflex BXT6 Treadmill

or

SOLE F63 Treadmill
    SOLE treadmills are great as far as build quality and durablity. They are all pretty heavy duty treadmills but are super low in tech, if you want a treadmill that you can just turn on and run then you are good to go with SOLE. If you want something with built-in workouts and all that jazz then I would look at an NordicTrack or ProForm (Icon) treadmill, bu that's totally up to you.

Check out this review of SOLE treadmills and consider the different models. https://www.treadmillreviews.com/sol...dmill-reviews/ But either way, you can't go wrong with a SOLE, at least from my experience.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I know nothing about SOLE products, but have read enough FTC complaints about bowflex stuff to advise you to stay far away.

As a general rule concerning treadmills, considering the beating they take, discount store and sporting-goods store models should be avoided. When they break down (and it's a matter of 'when,' not 'if'), not only will it be difficult to find someone to repair it, replacement parts are going to be very hard to find since most are made in China.

He's right, you know...

Blowflex is crap. Among the consumer grade treadmills, the Sole F63 and F80 are pretty good, for consumer grade. I speak from personal experience. I owned a Sole treadmill. As soon as I could, I moved to used commercial grade treadmill. A good used commercial treadmill, properly maintained, will last a long time. The downsides to commercial grade are that you likely will need to have a dedicated 20 Amp fuse and plug for it; you need to lube the belt twice a year (not so bad, if you do it right and use proper lubricant); and if a part breaks or needs to be replaced, it can be expensive. I use a commercial fitness repairman to come out to my house on an annual basis to inspect, clean, and lube my commercial grade treadmill and it's worth the $200 I spend to do so.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000) tazithman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had this same dilemma a couple years ago. All my research pointed to a horizon T7.

It has a "never lube" belt that lives up to its name. In 2 years time it has around 1000 miles on the belt and the only maintanence ive done to it was 1/4 turn belt tightening a few times. I weigh 220lbs and have no issues with slipping/binding.

Used commercial is probably the way to go but i'm lazy and didnt want to deal with lubing belts and whatnot. No regrets.