Thread: Routine

bennettrp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Routine

So some prior knowledge, at the moment am 17 and still in highschool, so have minimal time in gym compared to avid bodybuilder. I got off of a knee surgery about 2 months ago and can't do any heavy leg lifting for about 3 more months. Just getting back into biking, walking normally, calf raises and body weight squats.
    With this, leg day has been deleted from routine for time being and is simply worked on for physical therapy when needed.

Monday- Muscle Cardio.
    Sets go: 15 20 25 30 15 in terms of reps
    Push-ups on fists due to tendonitis in forearms
    Situps
    Calf raises
    Lying on back stars (core)
    Diamond Pushups
    Leg kicks (1 rep alternate)
    Russian twist
    Forearm rope roller
    **XXX Amp protein shake immediately after**

Tuesday- Chest, Tris, Shoulders (setxrep)
    Triceps before school on the morning
    **(All of these have warmup sets prior)
    Close grip bench- 5x8 heavy weight
    Dips- 5x20
    Cable extensions- 5-8
    **Pure Isolate AMP shake drunk right after**

-After School same day--
    Bench- 5x8 heavy weight
    Incline Bench- 5x8 hw
    Inclined Flys- 5x8
    Standing Flys- 5x8
    **XXX Amp shake drunk right after***

Wednesday- Back, bis, forearms, core
    -Morning before school-
    Bis
    Seated CBar Curls (can't hold much weight on leg) 5x8
    Alternating Dbell curls 5x8
    Short bar curls on latpull machine 5x8
    Weighted forearm rope roller 5 sets
    **Pure Isolate drunk right after**

--after school-- back/core
    Latpulls 5x8
    Rowmachine 5x8
    Pullups 5x20
    (Core-nonstop)
    Situps for 2 mins
    Weighted Russian twist 2 mins
    Stars 2mins
    Leg kicks 2 mins
    Leg lifts 2 mins
    **XXX Amp drunk right after**

Thursday- Break Day

Friday- Repeat 3 day cycle

So basically, I have been an avid lifter since about the age of 12-13. I have been on and off during the earlier years, but in the year of 2018, I stepped it up and went extremely hard. I made alot of progress and am proud to say that I have actually surpassed all of the other kids in the school I attend. The surgery kept me out of the gym for about a week, but the doctor still let me go with a cast, so it was only a minor setback. At the moment I am 5'8 and weigh 150 on the dot at 17 years of age. When I started this year I was at 120lbs. My body fat % is most likely 6-10%I have been doing this specific routine of 6 days a week for about 2 months, and have been fairly well in simply feeling well about it.
    My main goals are to gain mass in muscle, but also shred down on body fat. Meaning, having a positive net weight gain, so I would still be gaining size.

My main questions are:
    In terms of the protein shakes, I am a newbie. My metabolism works very fast, for the reason why I drink XXX quite frequently. However, I have also found that the Pure Isolate gives me the energy to go twice a day and push through other activities I have on my schedule. Are there any other recommendations, or possible dangers from drinking twice a day for 4 out of the 6 days a week?

In terms of my workout, I have found that my forearms have been a slow climb behind the rest of my routine, allowing the tendons to take most of the stress of the weight. This has caused them to become inflamed- tendonitis. I have found that if I go slow in my workouts, as in don't put down the weights too fast, the pain isn't as bad. In fact, it has actually been better than how it usually would be. Is this something I should immediately stop for? I find myself taking ibuprofen or Tylenol before some workouts to be able to get the entirety of the workout in.

Also, what are the safe supplements to take, if any, that do not stunt growth (as I am only 17), and still produce positive healthy results?

In general I am new to the forum posting, but have been exposed to this type of environment for about 6 years now. I am just looking for advice to brighten a path to my goals.

Goals: 160-165 by 18th birthday (4months) while staying shredded