ryannnnnnnn8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sore left shoulder.. and hand.. and back

Hey,

I have a pain in my left shoulder after doing pull ups about 2 weeks ago.

- Sometimes the pain feels in the front of the shoulder and sometimes in the centre.
    - At times I can feel an ache go right down to my left hand / fingers
    - At times I get a pain in my lower back towards the left
    - At times I can get a pain up on the top of my left shoulder towards the neck
    - Can feel cracking / popping when i lift my arm. I don't recall this happening before the soreness.

I have had the area massaged but it doesn't seem to provide any relief. Have had voltaren and regulary deep heat cream applied.

Anyone had a similar problem? Wanting to get to a doctor when possible as I haven't been training since and am keen to get back into it!

Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100) Kevinwuelm is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ryannnnnnnn8 View Post
    Hey,

I have a pain in my left shoulder after doing pull ups about 2 weeks ago.

- Sometimes the pain feels in the front of the shoulder and sometimes in the centre.
    - At times I can feel an ache go right down to my left hand / fingers
    - At times I get a pain in my lower back towards the left
    - At times I can get a pain up on the top of my left shoulder towards the neck
    - Can feel cracking / popping when i lift my arm. I don't recall this happening before the soreness.

I have had the area massaged but it doesn't seem to provide any relief. Have had voltaren and regulary deep heat cream applied.

Anyone had a similar problem? Wanting to get to a doctor when possible as I haven't been training since and am keen to get back into it!

I have had this. Were you doing wide grip pull ups? yeah i completely avoid those, they just suck for your shoulders. I would start using a band and start stretching out your shoulders, your rotator cuffs probably need working on to. Just be very careful because i pinched a nerve when i tried to press through it lol. It aint smart but on YT there are a lot of videos for exercises to help with this.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the smartest thing would be going to a competent physiotherapist, experienced working with athletes. He will be able to identify your individual problems and prescribe exercises based on that.

Self-correcting such an issues with exercises from youtube may fuk up your shoulders even more, if you do not know the right cause. Unfuking them is really hard.

Everyone speaks about rotator cuff exercises for shoulder issues but the rotators may be not the issue at all.