mstang61 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery and Missed Gym Time

Back story

In March I tipped the scales at 275 @ 5'10, I started a calorie deficit of 800 calories and lifting 4 to 5 days a week. I've gone from a 40 pants to 33, and down to 213 lbs. This Thursday I'm having arthroscopic shoulder surgery to repair torn rotator cuff, labrum and whatever else he finds. I've been living with this injury for about 26 years and finally got fed up with it popping and clicking, popping out, and not being able to do exercises like bench, OHP, with any real weight without it feeling like its going to rip right out the joint. I'm excited to finally get it fixed, but not happy I'm not going to be able to lift / workout like I want to. For those of you that had this type of surgery what kind of exercising did you do to keep active? I'm thinking maybe I can do Leg stuff like, extensions, leg curls, maybe leg press. I'm really going to miss my favoriate exercises like deadlifts, squats, pull ups and core exercises. I keep going back a forth in my mind if I should just cancel the surgery and keep dealing with it. I really don't want to lose any gains that I have worked for, any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    After my last shoulder decompression with distal clavicle excision I was back overhead barbell pressing in two weeks and had full strength back in about 8 weeks.

However, i went into the surgery strong and with full range of motion.

My wife is about to have her second rotator cuff repair in a year and she is a wreck. I don't think she will ever fully recover.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

mstang61 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    After my last shoulder decompression with distal clavicle excision I was back overhead barbell pressing in two weeks and had full strength back in about 8 weeks.

However, i went into the surgery strong and with full range of motion.

My wife is about to have her second rotator cuff repair in a year and she is a wreck. I don't think she will ever fully recover.
    I have full range now and pretty strong, I'm hoping I have the same outcome as yours. This is the same Dr that did my Knee, and its back better then it was. I hope your wife's surgery goes well.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, good luck with your surgery. Here's a nice 38 page thread on everything you want to know about recovering from a torn labrum, enjoy - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=161781853 . Most of it applies to RC, SC, and Scap issues as well. A couple of things my son did while recovering from shoulder surgery was sled pulls (forward, backward, sideways), belt squats, reverse hypers, GHD. Just have someone help you puts the weights on