bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

maintenance exercise calories

to bulk it says to eat 500 calories over maintenance. my maintenance at a sedentary level is 2280. Would it actually be higher since im lifting weights and technically not sedentary?

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It'll likely be higher, yes.

Best thing you can do is experiment with these numbers until you find one that works for you.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Your maintenance should include all activity including exercise. It will vary from day to day but don't stress about that because weight training doesn't add a huge number of extra calories burned and your body easily copes with slight fluctuations each day.

Don't eat 500 over though - unless you are very skinny and underweight. I'd go for 2-300 over if your counting is good enough that you can be that precise about it.

bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Your maintenance should include all activity including exercise. It will vary from day to day but don't stress about that because weight training doesn't add a huge number of extra calories burned and your body easily copes with slight fluctuations each day.

Don't eat 500 over though - unless you are very skinny and underweight. I'd go for 2-300 over if your counting is good enough that you can be that precise about it.
    Thanks. I'm a 6'1 man weighing 185 and 10% bodyfat. Would I gain too much fat on 500 over? I feel like the 500 would account for any slight miscalculation of counted calories and exercise.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you are really 10%, you'll have been training for many years and got decent results - so such a rapid bulk would just pile on fat since muscle gain at this point would be very slow.

However, many people quote BF% numbers that are complete guesses... so I am in the dark as to what to tell you.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bodyguy55 View Post
    Thanks. I'm a 6'1 man weighing 185 and 10% bodyfat. Would I gain too much fat on 500 over? I feel like the 500 would account for any slight miscalculation of counted calories and exercise.
    Post a pic that includes your legs. Can't advise without seeing what you look like now.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

If you are really 10%, you'll have been training for many years and got decent results - so such a rapid bulk would just pile on fat since muscle gain at this point would be very slow.

However, many people quote BF% numbers that are complete guesses... so I am in the dark as to what to tell you.
    Ive never weight lifted, jsut been cutting for about a year to 10% from what an online calculator told me. ill post a pic

Ive never weight lifted, jsut been cutting for about a year to 10% from what an online calculator told me. ill post a pic
    You aren't 10%, I'll tell you that now.

But lets not get distracted by that, you should always do resistance training when losing weight otherwise you lose muscle, your shape doesn't improve but your metabolism falls and you become more likely to regain fat.

Look at some novice routines in the sticky threads at the top of the Workout Programs forum.

You aren't 10%, I'll tell you that now.

But lets not get distracted by that, you should always do resistance training when losing weight otherwise you lose muscle, your shape doesn't improve but your metabolism falls and you become more likely to regain fat.

Look at some novice routines in the sticky threads at the top of the Workout Programs forum.
    thanks. i couldnt post pics but ive looked up great routines. As a final verdict, do you reccomend bulking with 500 calories over maintenance since ive never lifted weights before?

thanks. i couldnt post pics but ive looked up great routines. As a final verdict, do you reccomend bulking with 500 calories over maintenance since ive never lifted weights before?
    No because at 185, you probably have more bodyfat than you might think and a big surplus will only increase it.

You should easily be able to max out your progress on a much smaller surplus - or even at maintenance.

No because at 185, you probably have more bodyfat than you might think and a big surplus will only increase it.

You should easily be able to max out your progress on a much smaller surplus - or even at maintenance.
    Thank you so much. I truely appreciate the help for a beginner. I wish I could rep you again but it won't let me lol.