toffeecoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cellulite (revisited)

I perused past threads regarding this topic, as I didn't want to repeat the same argument or questions. Most of the suggestions to get rid of it are losing weight and toning. Which brings me to share this article I found earlier this morning:
    breakingmuscle[dotcom]/fitness/the-little-dirty-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite

I'm thin and lean yet when I flex (the glutes) there's major dimpling. I've gotten in the habit of flexing them as a warm up and cool down just to get the extra work out of them, which is when I noticed it looks terribly unflattering in the mirror. I had no idea I had this. So there's a lot of back and forth about gaining weight, losing it, and becoming more toned to get rid of it. As per the article above, it's unlikely anything will rid it completely if it is in fact a genetic disposition. I'm not so fatalistic to believe that there's no hope though.

I stand for most of the day now, but for the first 25 years of my life as an artist and gamer sitting was what I did. As it turns out sitting can break the skin via compression as can tight clothing, water retention or too much salt in the system, and general lack of movement. There may not be much hope after the damage is done, but I think we can reduce the spread/intensity by paying attention to these aspects of life. If sitting however is something you do for work and are unable to transition to a standing mat, there's big fluffy seat toppers to help cushion things and reduce impact. Untested for me personally, but could it help as advertised? Though, I wonder if by standing 80% of the day, would gravity end up pulling the flesh down and creating more cellulite?

I'm curious to know your opinions and musings.

TitanChick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh man, I feel ya. ive always had this, since I was under 100lbs. its just slightly more prominent at 115. I've officially chosen to not care anymore lol. I've tried everything, im no longer emotionally investing in caring about that visual. Theres all sorts of theories as to its origination, things that make it worse or better, but at the end of the day it seems to promote even more questions and little resolution. so lets all be dimply together lol
    ~*~ Always growing, improving, expanding, and dominating all that life has to offer ~*~